Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Gun Safes (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f171/)
-   -   Light for your gun safe (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f171/light-your-gun-safe-80647/)

Dearhunter 01-07-2013 11:28 PM

Light for your gun safe
 
1 Attachment(s)
I found a great corded motion activated light switch for my gun safe at LOWES.
http://www.lowes.com/pd_358709-207-MLC12BCL_0__?productId=3531126

$21 and change.It was real easy to set up. I used rope lighting for my safe lights. I installed the rope lighting in the front of my safe in a recessed area around the door. You cannot see the rope light, only its light shining into the safe. Works great.

Now, when I open my safe the inside light comes on automatic. I set it to go off 1 min after closing.

All you do is install the motion detector, plug in your light system to the base and you are in business. You can put the sensor anywhere you want. I put mine under the top shelf on the back of the safe facing the door.Attachment 78756

danz60 01-09-2013 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dearhunter
I found a great corded motion activated light switch for my gun safe at LOWES.
http://www.lowes.com/pd_358709-207-MLC12BCL_0__?productId=3531126

$21 and change.It was real easy to set up. I used rope lighting for my safe lights. I installed the rope lighting in the front of my safe in a recessed area around the door. You cannot see the rope light, only its light shining into the safe. Works great.

Now, when I open my safe the inside light comes on automatic. I set it to go off 1 min after closing.

All you do is install the motion detector, plug in your light system to the base and you are in business. You can put the sensor anywhere you want. I put mine under the top shelf on the back of the safe facing the door.

Great info-After searching online & coming up empty-I just recently installed a similar system in a custom closet I was doing as a surprise for the wife-was looking for something cool that made the closet really nice-visit to the electric supply house & $275 later - it came out great! Few weeks later I found a similar system (much cheaper quality) @ IKEA for $50!

Now I know for when I outfit my gun safe anyhow!

Sgt_Skrb_25 02-13-2013 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dearhunter
I found a great corded motion activated light switch for my gun safe at LOWES.
http://www.lowes.com/pd_358709-207-MLC12BCL_0__?productId=3531126

$21 and change.It was real easy to set up. I used rope lighting for my safe lights. I installed the rope lighting in the front of my safe in a recessed area around the door. You cannot see the rope light, only its light shining into the safe. Works great.

Now, when I open my safe the inside light comes on automatic. I set it to go off 1 min after closing.

All you do is install the motion detector, plug in your light system to the base and you are in business. You can put the sensor anywhere you want. I put mine under the top shelf on the back of the safe facing the door.

I found a good one, I started a thread to see if anyone has this kit.

http://www.litetechauto.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=LED%5FSafe

AR10 02-13-2013 12:33 AM

Guns are afraid of the dark, so leave the light on for them. Regular 15w light bulb. Burns off the moisture.

gunnut07 02-14-2013 01:36 PM

I have two little white stick LED lights that run on batteries. They have a small base and the light itself is held on by a magnet. A quick push of a button and 2 of them light up my 55 gun safe just right. I will open it in the evening and turn the lights on and just look at the safe for hours.

Stillersfan 02-14-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgt_Skrb_25 (Post 1135068)
I found a good one, I started a thread to see if anyone has this kit.

http://www.litetechauto.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=LED%5FSafe


Nice Find! :D

Sgt_Skrb_25 02-14-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunnut07
I have two little white stick LED lights that run on batteries. They have a small base and the light itself is held on by a magnet. A quick push of a button and 2 of them light up my 55 gun safe just right. I will open it in the evening and turn the lights on and just look at the safe for hours.

I do the same thing now. Just sit and stare at my beauties. I have lights in my smaller safe but just but a Cannon Scout S-33. I want a custom look and an auto switch on it.my new safe has 2 plugs inside for power.no more batteries!

purehavoc 02-14-2013 08:29 PM

Mine has a 8 ft LED rope light in it and a elect rod dehumidifier . The lights stay on 24/7 and they do put off a little heat also ,helps keep keep humidity out

Sgt_Skrb_25 02-15-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillersfan

Nice Find! :D

I ordered it on Monday, with an extra 20" strip. I'm a little worried about the timeline.Ive seen the owner at the gun show but still have not gotten a response back from them. I even went to the store, and it was all locked up. It looked like it was still in business, but they guy must be on the road at gun shows. I guess this means I'll be waiting a while.

2ndfan 02-15-2013 04:46 PM

I used 2 under cabinet lights from Costco. They are about 10 inches long with 6 or 8 small LEDs, battery powered and motion detected. They light up the safe very well and require no touching.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:20 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.