Humidity - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Gun Safes > Humidity

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2013, 06:11 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 575 Times on 307 Posts

So I bought a Remington 18" rod for the safe,and it's not doing a damn thing! I have a humidity gauge in there it was 55-60 before I put in the rod, and it's still the same. I pulled the gauge out and tested it in different conditions and it does change. I guess the Remington rod is garbage.

Old 04-02-2013, 06:29 PM   #22
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2561 Times on 1251 Posts
Likes Given: 1287

Banger,

I have some Remington Filters that when the small balls inside turn Pink I plug them into the wall to rejuvinate. Then they are Blue.
But the Desiccant Filters I like best is the Boxes of Desiccant I get from MidwayUSA I get the 66 Sq Ft units for my big safe. They have stickers on the bottom of the box. When they indicate it is time to rejuvinate the desiccant you pull the bag from the box put them in the oven at low temp for a period and they rejuvinate. I have two in my safe for safety sake. They are very inexpensive. The Remington Units are around $29.00 The Boxes around $14.00.
They work very well.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 04-05-2013, 01:14 AM   #23

Default Safe tips

I just got my second LIBERTY safe the other day. It has the heater rod in it but think I will put one of the squirley fluoresent bulbs in a can with holes and it will work better, more heat, last forever. I have the gel cans in my other safe. with the blue dot indicators. I will also pick up a couple of humidity indicators for the cabinets. just to be sure.

Tip when moving a gun safe (mine weighs about 800 pounds) use golf balls in tight spots like turns etc. conduit or pvc pipe works but for getting around tight corners use the golf balls, Just put cardboard on wood floors for protection.

If you are thinking of getting a gun safe, decide which one you want then GO ONE OR TWO SIZES LARGER...

AND JOIN THE NRA.....I AM A BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER SINCE LATE 70'S

Old 04-22-2013, 01:15 AM   #24

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I live in the South but the inside of my home does not get above 43% humidity. I clean my firearms once a year but have never even once had a rust problem.