The GunVault Digital Speed Vault any good?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Gun Safes > The GunVault Digital Speed Vault any good?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2014, 04:45 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default The GunVault Digital Speed Vault any good?

Looking for a decent lockable bedside storage for my full size 1911 would you recommend? If not then what?
Thanks,
Mike

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-16-2014, 07:00 AM   #2

I've owned two gun lockers from Gun Vault. First was key pad entry 2nd was fingerprint entry. Both were great. Spend the extra money for plug in power with battery back up as the memory eats batteries. Draw back on first one was had to reprogram whenever I changed batteries 2nd one has no volatile memory so no longer an issue.

Old 02-17-2014, 03:40 PM   #3

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I can't say on that particular model, but I am opposed to any electronics to store my defensive weapons. I like the latest gadgets as much as any guy, but not for something my life might depend on. I like the mechanical pushbutton locks for a handgun safe. Just my personal preference and experience.

Glenn
FAS1SAFE

Old 04-05-2014, 12:00 PM   #4

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

The bear safe i own one made in oklahoma city okla chck out there web site

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 04-05-2014, 01:17 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1170 Times on 762 Posts
Likes Given: 697

I bought the battery operated push button gunvault. it chewed through batteries. I changed the batteries 4 times in 6 months. so I contacted the company, complained and received a phone call. after a month and several conversations they sent me the deluxe version that plugs into the wall, and paid for return shipping for the one I currently had. I didn't have to pay a dime. I like the one that plugs in. no issues with it for more than a year, opens every time. and is pretty fast to open. keeps little fingers off of the fully loaded pistol

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 04-05-2014, 03:52 PM   #6

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS1 View Post
I can't say on that particular model, but I am opposed to any electronics to store my defensive weapons. I like the latest gadgets as much as any guy, but not for something my life might depend on. I like the mechanical pushbutton locks for a handgun safe. Just my personal preference and experience.
^^^ this. Too many failure points: battery, smudge on the biometric scanner, operation with sweaty hands under duress...would go simple with a manual push button lock. When you need every time reliability, simple is usually best. Unfortunately I cannot recommend a specific model for this...perhaps others can?

Old 04-22-2014, 04:23 PM   #7

Liked 35 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'd love to hear about the new safes that have a bracelet, I sweat in winter and don't trust I could key a pin code when I know my kids may be harmed in the middle of the night

Old 04-24-2014, 01:37 AM   #8

Default Key pad

The best thing about the key pad on the Gun Vault is it's laid out like fingers. 4 button setup. Program it to any code. You put your fingers in the groves and easy to remember. You don't think numbers you think index pinky ring middle. As far as the complaint it's a weak point someone brought up, it's actually a strong point. There is no need to turn on a light to see the dial. Or fumble for a key. Like I said earlier though, spend the money for the plug in power. Also, the safes have a key override if power and battery fail. The newest generation of fingerprint readers like Gun Vault is using are substantially less prone to smudges messing with them and causing it not to read. I haven't cleaned mine since I bought it 6 months ago. Some people are just stuck in the past.

Old 04-25-2014, 05:28 AM   #9

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthoma8318 View Post
The best thing about the key pad on the Gun Vault is it's laid out like fingers. 4 button setup. Program it to any code. You put your fingers in the groves and easy to remember.
This model the OP is asking about does not have this.

Glenn
FAS1SAFE

Old 04-25-2014, 02:29 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS1 View Post
This model the OP is asking about does not have this.
Who appointed you guardian of the forum dinosaur? Your opinions don't matter any more than mine.

1 I was addressing another post.
2 I defeated your original whinny complaint about electronics.
3 you have no idea what model OP was referring to.