gun safe options or styles - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Gun Safes > gun safe options or styles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 06:07 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 13 Times on 9 Posts

1000% agree with viking dad. THESE GUN OWNERS DONT RUN

Old 10-02-2012, 06:16 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I admire your fighting spirit and all, but if MS enacted all the crap that has crept into the California legal code related to firearms over the years in a period of a year or two, i would GTHO, ASAP. If somebody farts/sharts in the elevator, take the stairs.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

People Like This 
Old 10-02-2012, 06:44 PM   #33
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8115 Times on 4687 Posts
Likes Given: 10477

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I admire your fighting spirit and all, but if MS enacted all the crap that has crept into the California legal code related to firearms over the years in a period of a year or two, i would GTHO, ASAP. If somebody farts/sharts in the elevator, take the stairs.
OK, fair enough as far as you are concerned, but I daresay that MS will not be enacting CA laws anytime soon, so it is a safe bet for you. That having been said, I am not sure of your circumstances but as for me it would not just be inconvenient it would be damned near impossible for me to relocate given my circumstances, that is until I retire perhaps. I am a farmer of tree crops, some of which are 150 years old. Some of the land I own and some I lease. It would be impossible for me to just uproot my life and move it elsewhere (not to mention the fact that growing conditions are different in different states and there is no way I could find a property where I would not have to start my crops over from scratch- meaning 10 years minimum before I can expect a crop viable for sale and probably 30- 40 years before I can expect a crop even remotely approaching what I have today (if it is possible in my remaining lifetime). Besides, as I said, the house and property are paid off. Granted, I could sell for a lot more than land would be worth anywhere else in the country but that has little value when I am making money off of that land.

Everybody is different. But it is much easier for an accountant to up and move out of state than it is for a farmer such as me.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:35 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Everybody is different. But it is much easier for an accountant to up and move out of state than it is for a farmer such as me.
Truly, you are stuck like a rat in a glue trap. Further, if Cali-style controls crept in gradually enough, most people wouldn't relocate (at least, i haven't heard of reverse wagon trains from Cali). The sudden change would have been more of a shock and probably would have sent more people packing.

Good luck with your struggle.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 10-02-2012, 11:25 PM   #35

Liked 928 Times on 614 Posts
Likes Given: 577

To Vikingdad: What do you farm?

Old 10-03-2012, 02:07 AM   #36

Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

I just found this thread and thought I'd add my 2 cents, when I was little my parents never had a safe or a gun case they just took there closet and put a dead bolt on it. When ever we would go shooting they just got the guns out we'd clean them out right after shooting and put them back in. I'm 19 now and living with my GF and I did the same thing to keep my guns safe I have one shotgun for home defense that I keep out but other then that all my other guns are locked up the only think I did different is I reenforced the door with rebar and I used 2 dead bolts I had a test door i did this too and we kicked the hell out of it hit it with hammers and the only way we could get her open was with my truck.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 10-03-2012, 02:22 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
To Vikingdad: What do you farm?
The oldest trees are chestnuts, do some walnuts and fruit trees. Also a few Christmas trees (many of which are 50 years old themselves!).

Old 10-03-2012, 03:01 AM   #38

Liked 113 Times on 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

Well, as for me I live on a large piece of semi-rural land in northern CA with no mortgage that is close to my parents, my Dad just passed away last month but mom and my step-mom are both close by. I have friends in Nevada and elsewhere so I can visit what you call "Disneyland for gun owners" (I presume you are using Disney in a satirical sense as they ban firearms in their theme parks).

I figure that leaving the state because of gun oppression is like the draft dodgers during the Vietnam War who left for Canada. Its just giving up the fight by quitting. With ever pro-gun individual that leaves we who are left here have a decreasing voice screaming in the hurricane.
You got me all wrong...

We have an institute outside of Las Vegas called
"Frontsight Firearms Training Institute." This is what we members call the Disneyland of Gun owners.

I could care less about Disneyland rules.
As a retired LEO I carry anywhere and everywhere I go, regardless of signs or opinions.

Old 10-03-2012, 03:11 AM   #39

Liked 18 Times on 14 Posts

There's a video on you tube posted by weapons education about gun safe if u get the chance check it out I found it cool

Old 10-03-2012, 03:45 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpupp View Post
You got me all wrong...

We have an institute outside of Las Vegas called
"Frontsight Firearms Training Institute." This is what we members call the Disneyland of Gun owners.
Of course I have heard of Frontsight. Hope to train there one day if I can ever afford it. Not being a member nor ever having visited there I was unaware of the pet name for it. I still find it mildly ironic though.

Quote:
I could care less about Disneyland rules.
As a retired LEO I carry anywhere and everywhere I go, regardless of signs or opinions.
From some of your past posts I suspect that you are being honest in your disregard for rules, whether they are at Disney or in a civilized society.