C.E. safes
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Gun Safes > C.E. safes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 07:37 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default C.E. safes

Not sure if any of y'all live in south Florida but I have been on a hunt for a new safe. I have 2 browning pro steel's gun safes that are full. I have had these safes since the early 90's(give or take).. I have a little one who is just started to stand and soon will be walking. I have to many firearms hidden around the house that I don't have room for so I have been looking for another safe. I have shoped all over from local safe stores to basspro. I didn't want a cheap safe with 12 or 10 gauge steal sides and a composite front door. I originally was looking at a liberty safe but after several attempts at getting one it didn't happen. I was told it would be a 3-4 month wait at best. Some how I happened to find a video and several reviews about a local guy/company here in south east Florida. Me and my wife and daughter went to there showroom. We spent about an hour or two with the owner and learned a lot!!! It seems as if safes are not what they were.... I looked at ft Knox, browning pro steel, rhino, and several others. Needless to say my budget that I wanted to be in was way off for the quality I was expecting. But the end result was worth the money. I will say 90% of the safes they sell are built from the ground up here in the USA. They did have a few made in china and Mexico. I ended up buying one of there safes made for them. 1/2" steel front plate, 7 or 6 gauge side walls( forgot which one) my safe will arrive next week and I will then post pictures. They also have a store on the west coast of Florida. If any of y'all are looking or wondering about a safe the owner of this store is a book of information. Givem a call.. He's not pushy nor did he try selling me on any product. He showed me everything from 600$ to 15,000$. I was gonna install it myself but I didn't realize it was much heavier than all the other safes I was looking at in the same size. As stated prior I'll take pics of the safe and the install as soon as it arrives..

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-23-2013, 08:52 PM   #2
emo
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 274 Times on 160 Posts
Likes Given: 100

Came across a video of him on YouTube not too long ago. Even a short video was educational so I imagine actually speaking to him was even more so. Looking forward to seeing what you got.

Real dogs drool!

Old 02-24-2013, 04:29 AM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I think the best part was when he showed me a safe with the back open. The 12 1-1/2 steel bolts that held the door closed where welded to/on a thin piece of metal. Being a mechanic for the government I know that your only as strong as your weakest link. Though the bolts would substain massive abuse the frame that was holding them couldn't hold the hitting of a roofing hammer. Most are naive and think the thick heavy door and the massive bolts/rods holding it are more than enough, but reality is the door is composite filled with concrete and the massive bolts are attached to toothpick pieces of metal. O

Old 02-24-2013, 05:18 AM   #4
emo
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 274 Times on 160 Posts
Likes Given: 100

I get what he says about not buying a cheap safe if you're not cheap on your firearms but you look at the cost of a good safe and think how many more firearms you could buy. You start saving for a good safe and then you come across an interesting firearm and your safe fund shrinks!

Real dogs drool!