Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Gun Safes > Brand of Safe?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 12:25 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post

yep, the best policy is, unless your in business, its best to not advertise.

Thats one of the #1 security measures around here...but even then...

LEVELS of security and many of them!
I agree, I have a safe and I know it won't deter the most determined criminals, but at the same time it's well hidden and I don't tell anyone about it
Old 12-06-2012, 09:23 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1384 Times on 939 Posts
Likes Given: 474

There was a valuable diamond collection in cases that were considered unbreakable. The company that owned the diamonds had a state of the art security system. These diamonds were so well protected that a security guard was not needed. A group of thieves dug a tunnel to the communications system in the building. Once they had the tunnel dug they stole a nearby bulldozer. They disabled the communications system in the building and ran the bulldozer through the front of the building. Once the thieves were inside they used the bulldozer to break the unbreakable cases. As far as I know the thieves haven't been caught yet.

The moral of this story is all you can do is take reasonable precautions. In the event reasonable precautions fail you need adequate insurance. There is no safe that can stop a determined thief.

Old 12-07-2012, 01:39 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 534 Times on 326 Posts
Likes Given: 211

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
There was a valuable diamond collection in cases that were considered unbreakable. The company that owned the diamonds had a state of the art security system. These diamonds were so well protected that a security guard was not needed. A group of thieves dug a tunnel to the communications system in the building. Once they had the tunnel dug they stole a nearby bulldozer. They disabled the communications system in the building and ran the bulldozer through the front of the building. Once the thieves were inside they used the bulldozer to break the unbreakable cases. As far as I know the thieves haven't been caught yet.

The moral of this story is all you can do is take reasonable precautions. In the event reasonable precautions fail you need adequate insurance. There is no safe that can stop a determined thief.
Well said, well said indeed

Old 01-06-2013, 12:41 AM   #24

I have an American Security safe I bought about 12 years ago. It holds 16 guns. I bought it for around $900 delivered. It has been a pretty good safe; very heavy. It has not been tried by any criminals but I think it would be a great deterent for the smash and grab punk type of criminal.
cottontop

Old 01-07-2013, 10:43 PM   #25
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 842 Times on 405 Posts
Likes Given: 80

I pick up a Cannon Safari series 24 long gun safe at Walmart this past September for $597. Electronic combo and plenty of shelving. (they still have another one in my store)
It it a nice safe for what I wanted. It took three men to get it in the house.

My house has an alarm system also.

JP-US Naval Aviation AMSC 20 years ( retired)
also US Naval Academy Shooting Instructor (Annapolis) and shooting team
Alway keep your six covered

Old 01-07-2013, 11:06 PM   #26

Liked 77 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 19

This was a fantastic video about the realities of safes and how they're manufactured. As well as some of the misconceptions about UL ratings.

From my own personal exp I'm all for Ft. Knox. They have a INCREDIBLE warranty program. If its ever involved in a fire or attempted to be broken into they will REPLACE and UPGRADE at no charge to you. IMHO you can't go wrong with Ft. Know.

If you've got one foot in yesterday, and the other in tomorrow, than you're pissing on today.
-unknown-

Old 01-07-2013, 11:21 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 534 Times on 326 Posts
Likes Given: 211

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrthWhytHype View Post
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ltK-bDbADa8

This was a fantastic video about the realities of safes and how they're manufactured. As well as some of the misconceptions about UL ratings.

From my own personal exp I'm all for Ft. Knox. They have a INCREDIBLE warranty program. If its ever involved in a fire or attempted to be broken into they will REPLACE and UPGRADE at no charge to you. IMHO you can't go wrong with Ft. Know.
Yeah this is the video I watched that turned me off from all of the big box store gun safes. That and some of the other videos on youtube