Big Disappointment: Stack-On from Walmart.com
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Gun Safes > Big Disappointment: Stack-On from Walmart.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 02:20 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Big Disappointment: Stack-On from Walmart.com

I purchased a combination long gun safe from Stack-On through Walmart.com. Price was good and delivery was quick. That's where things stopped being positive. The safe was indeed Chinese made, but I tried not to judge that since I had decided to go the value route. Combination supplied did not work and stack-on customer service has been silent after sending one note there would be a combination validation.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-20-2013, 02:57 PM   #2

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

I so miss the days when every thing we bought proudly said "Made in America".

Old 03-20-2013, 03:51 PM   #3

Liked 2049 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
I miss the days when "made in America" indeed meant that it was good quality, and also not just "assembled in America"
Old 03-21-2013, 12:06 AM   #4
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1220 Times on 697 Posts
Likes Given: 587

I'm sorry,but you get what you pay for!

Old 03-21-2013, 05:40 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2860 Times on 1490 Posts
Likes Given: 254

I was considering one with the two key lock set up. the $99 ones. Just for the guns that are not really worth much of anything. Free up some space in the fire lined American Security safe. I can't afford another $1000 safe for $300 worth of guns.

The old, worn out .22's I can't part with for sentimental reasons, the $75 Spanish 7mm Mausers, the free Turk Mauser, the muzzle loaders, etc. Just bilt it to the wall studs in the shop and keep prying hands away form them. If they want to pry it open and get a bunch of stuff you can't sell for more than $100, fine. Insurance will pay off more than they are actuallhy worth.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

buckhuntr Likes This 
Old 03-21-2013, 11:10 AM   #6

Liked 184 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 185

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Back in the day where people had pride in there country and was actually happy to live in america. I miss those days as well brother, back when you could actually say the pledge of alliance in the mornings at school, without some jack wagon complaining.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

nitestalker Likes This 
Old 03-21-2013, 12:34 PM   #7

Liked 1905 Times on 1060 Posts
Likes Given: 1256

A lot of people are selling a lot of junk. I just finished replacing the lock box in the back of my motorcycle. The old one the lock was failing too unlock. I bought a Bulldog gun box. It is the electronic and key operated type. Just big enough for a handgun. I locked it. Then I was able to break the lock by simply forcing the knob to the unlock possition with nothing but the strenght of my hand. It opened. I obviously returned it. I ended up buying a $10 cash box at walmart. I drilled it out and put a good pad lock on it. Then I bolted it through my leather bag to my luggage rack.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

junebug Likes This 
Old 03-21-2013, 01:54 PM   #8
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1334 Times on 698 Posts
Likes Given: 612

I, too, almost fell for this same ploy, but when the price fell to one C note for a "safe," my BS detector kicked in and I did some research.

Their are two different styles of metallic lockups sold for handguns, safes and cabinets. We all know what a safe is: A thickly-armored, heavy box with large hinges and either an electronic or combination lock that secures with large bolts through the side of the door. What was described above is a metal cabinet akin to our old high school lockers, except that it is secured by an installed key, combination or electronic lock.

The levels of security are commensurate with the price of each item. The safe cannot be forced and generally requires a plasma torch to burn through the armor or someone that can "crack" the lock. The cabinet can be forced open by any healthy adult or an angry 12-year-old. If you want to keep firearms out of the hands of children, criminals or the mentally ill, these $100 lockers are not an option you want to consider.

Gun security and holsters are still arenas that you indeed get what you pay for. Just as you can't carry a $700 firearm in a $15 nylon holster on a $12 belt and be surprised when it crashes to the floor in a restaurant bathroom, you can't expect a $100 safe to actually protect your firearm collection from anyone that has a desire to take it from you.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Last edited by TekGreg; 03-21-2013 at 01:57 PM.

Old 03-21-2013, 01:59 PM   #9

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

No offense, but if you are shopping at Wal-Mart for a gun safe do not expect top quality or ANYTHING to say MADE IN USA.

Old 03-22-2013, 03:08 AM   #10

Liked 99 Times on 65 Posts

I was at a sporting good store looking at some of their safes. It was tje electronic type. I was messing with the codes to see if I could open it up. Well the electronic piece came off in my hand and was just a few wires back there. Now if this thing got bumped while moving it and it broke off, how do you get your guns out. Think I would rather have the combination lock on a gun safe