Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   FAL Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f170/)
-   -   soon to be owner of the FAL (hopefully) (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f170/soon-owner-fal-hopefully-86800/)

loading 03-17-2013 10:57 PM

soon to be owner of the FAL (hopefully)

I have a few questions about this gun and issues I may have.

1. How much does this gun run? (rough estimate of price)

2. What technical problems will i likely encounter with this gun?

3. If I bought this gun in Arkansas and brought it back to Illinois is there going to be and problems with the police and stuff. (note: I am only 19. 20 in a few months)

4. Any other helpful tips and tricks you can send my way.

Thanks a ton:)

jimmiep 03-18-2013 12:48 PM

Nice weapon. Its my dream gun of choice. I hAve an fn 49 which is the gun developed just prior to the fal. In todays market its worth about 1400 bucks. A very nice weapon. When uou get it home get a breakdown sheet ( free online) and disassemble and clean and oil. Tear out the extractirs and clean the parts and springs. Clean the gas shoot very well. Dont be afraid to get into the gun. Just take lots of pictures so you know where everything goes. Youll have a lot of fun doing this and you will have a trouble free gun. Nice choice.

To transport just put the gun in the trunk in a good gun case and keep any amo seperated from the weapon. Also carry your reciept. Its your gun so yes its legal for you to transport as long as you follow these simple rules.

loading 03-19-2013 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmiep (Post 1180806)
Nice weapon. Its my dream gun of choice. I hAve an fn 49 which is the gun developed just prior to the fal. In todays market its worth about 1400 bucks. A very nice weapon. When uou get it home get a breakdown sheet ( free online) and disassemble and clean and oil. Tear out the extractirs and clean the parts and springs. Clean the gas shoot very well. Dont be afraid to get into the gun. Just take lots of pictures so you know where everything goes. Youll have a lot of fun doing this and you will have a trouble free gun. Nice choice.

To transport just put the gun in the trunk in a good gun case and keep any amo seperated from the weapon. Also carry your reciept. Its your gun so yes its legal for you to transport as long as you follow these simple rules.

o.O me likey the fn 49. might get one of those too. How much do those price at? and thanks a bunch. I cant wait

bluez 03-19-2013 02:22 AM

In todays panicked buying market the FN FAL seems to have been overlooked and it doesnt seem to have increased in price hardly at all from its pre panic price.

Every once in a awhile one pops up on armslist for between 1000 and 1900, which ( I think) is only like 100 bucks more than prepanic. While AR's are (depending on brand) between 30-80 % more.

So unlike other guns not a bad time to buy a FAL.
I've seen a couple new ones ( license produced) on slickguns for like 1400 i think.

jimmiep 03-19-2013 02:40 PM

I have an fn49 i am selling for a friend. I am a gunsmith and have totally gone thru the gun. Super nice. Contacte if you are really interested. Damnyankeeguns@gmail.com