British L1A1

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > FAL Forum > British L1A1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2013, 02:33 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default British L1A1

I picked one up at a gun show. Anyone know anything about this gun?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-22-2013, 02:52 PM   #2

Liked 184 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 185

Look like an FN FAL, probably produced under contract by the british gov and given the designation. If I remember they were used by both sides in the Falklands war the british where armed with the semi auto L1A1 and the Argentinians were armed with the full auto/ semi auto FALs. Other then that I'm sure someone else will come along with more info.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 03-27-2013, 03:55 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1787 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1551

Had an L1A1, nice rifles it's basically an FN FAL built on what is called the inch pattern as opposed to the metric pattern that most other FAL's are built on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L1A1_Self-Loading_Rifle

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 03-28-2013, 03:57 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

also uses a slightly different magazine, you can use metric but it's a bit sloppy