Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Your thoughts on the Crossbreed Super-Tuck?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2010, 04:57 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Your thoughts on the Crossbreed Super-Tuck?

Anyone know anything or have personal experience with crossbreed holsters? I'm looking at getting the super tuck for 24/7 usage. i would like to know that its a good decision before I waste $70. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by canebrake; 12-04-2010 at 02:45 PM. Reason: TTTP

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-04-2010, 01:14 PM   #2

crossbreed is no waste of $70. The level of comfort when wearing one cannot be described in an internet forum. I would recommend ponying up the cash for a combat cut as well. It allows for a much firmer grip when drawing. Concealability is excellent, I carry an XD45 service in the winter and it doesnt print in the slightest. Hell, I'm getting ready to buy my dad one for his M&P45 compact for Christmas! Convinced yet?

edit: if you take a look here you'll see some folks with crossbreed rigs, myself included.

Last edited by KBlue; 12-04-2010 at 01:20 PM.

Old 12-04-2010, 01:20 PM   #3

I have purchased two of them myself. One for my XDM 45 and one for my Kimber Eclipse Pro Target II which I carry. Although I have not bought any other IWB holsters I like mine. I did alot of research before buying mine and you will find lots of people on here that swear by them. They are comfortable and conceal great.

Old 12-04-2010, 02:43 PM   #4

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

It will NOT be a waste of $$.

I don't think the belt clips will work well on your PJ's elastic band though. (ref; 24/7 use)

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Last edited by canebrake; 12-04-2010 at 02:47 PM.

Old 12-05-2010, 04:47 PM   #5

fantastic holster. I've carried my my XD45C in all sorts of situations and clothing. Very comfortable and hides easily, even on my tall&thin frame.

Evil Conservative Hate-monger.

Calle

Old 12-05-2010, 05:11 PM   #6

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I carry my M&P 40c in one and like it. I too did much research before buying a holster and wound up with a SuperTuck. Good quality and a nice secure fit for you pistol.

Old 12-06-2010, 10:21 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

IMHO, it is the absolute best holster for all around use that you can buy. I carry a 4" 1911 in mine daily. I can do anything from walking, standing, sitting, driving, splitting wood, playing with the dog, or taking a nap for any length of time in complete comfort. Not to mention it's easy to draw, easy to reholster, has a lifetime guarantee and their a Christian company (which carries some weight with me). I think you'll find it to be money well spent.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 12-06-2010, 03:24 PM   #8

I also have two of them. It's easy to forget I have a gun on me because I don't feel it after just a few minutes. Of course I keep reminding myself that I do have a gun but they are extremely comfortable.

BTW I put mine on my sweat pants with the elastic waist bands all the time. They will stay up if you tie the drawstring tight but I generally add some suspenders just to be sure my "gun" doesn't fall out in Walmart or anything. Tight elastic will hold up my pants and my SuperTuck with my Taurus PT-145 but not so much with my Sig P220.

BTW I modified the holster for my Taurus so that it will accomodate a rail mounted laser. Being able to form the Kydex any way you want is a big asset. I had to cut some to make the laser fit but it works just as well as it did before the laser and the cutting.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:21 PM   #9

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

OK you've almost got me sold, my fingers on the "Buy Now" button, just a couple more questions. How easy or hard is it to get on and off? Also, it looks like its open bottom so I should be able to use it for my G26, G19, and G17. True or false?

Thanks for talking me into buying yet another holster in the search for the "perfect fit".

Old 12-14-2010, 06:57 PM   #10

They're easy enough to get on but it takes some effort to get one off. Not that much but more than it takes to get it on. You wouldn't want it coming off too easy anyway. It's just a matter of getting your fingers on the back of the belt hook so you can spread it a little so it slides off of your belt.

The holsters are very versatile about what gun they will carry. Because they have a Kydex front you can mold them to fit any gun you want. I actually cut part of the Kydex off of one as I mentioned before. I did it to make a laser fit in. It had to be open more at the bottom so the laser would fit ok. After that I just heated up the Kydex with a hair dryer to get it to form around my pistol and it worked great. It's never come close to allowing my gun to slip out. That would be very nearly impossible for my gun to slide through like you're talking.