Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Your pocket carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2013, 08:00 AM   #81
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3721 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball
As well as some folk prefer the option of both,.......
Absolutely.

And you know what, more power to ya. I've considered the same thing for when I get my CC permit out here.

Always have clean socks.

Old 09-23-2013, 08:05 AM   #82

Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357
I'm a firm believer that if you practice something enough, anything can be overcome. Some people would call that proper training.
Or the inability and or stubbornness to walk the most direct line to be the most efficient at the task at hand! Like I say I pocket carry on accessions, usually cause I'm to lazy or strapped for time to strap on my IWB Holster, never cause I feel it's the most efficient way. But that's me!

Old 09-23-2013, 08:09 AM   #83
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3721 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall
Or the inability and or stubbornness to walk the most direct line to be the most efficient at the task at hand! Like I say I pocket carry on accessions, usually cause I'm to lazy or strapped for time to strap on my IWB Holster, never cause I feel it's the most efficient way. But that's me!
I also believe that if a person chooses to carry one way, he needs to train in that method to the point that drawing and re-holstering his gun is muscle memory.

He should never feel a carry method that he chooses to employ is less efficient, and certainly shouldn't ever carry in a method he isn't completely comfortable with for the sake of convenience.

No offense, but if I were you, I'd consider either not pocket carrying anymore or spending a fair amount of time turning everything associated with it into muscle memory.

Always have clean socks.

Old 09-23-2013, 08:27 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357
I also believe that if a person chooses to carry one way, he needs to train in that method to the point that drawing and re-holstering his gun is muscle memory. He should never feel a carry method that he chooses to employ is less efficient, and certainly shouldn't ever carry in a method he isn't completely comfortable with for the sake of convenience. No offense, but if I were you, I'd consider either not pocket carrying anymore or spending a fair amount of time turning everything associated with it into muscle memory.
Lol thinks for the advise! I'm comfortable with how I choose to carry daily! Very few things in life are a tie and the way we choose to holster our weapons is no exceptions to this rule! But half the argument is won on what we believe in. So I'm not here to discourage people from what they believe in! Just giving my opinion. Be well, and thanks for your opinion.

Old 09-23-2013, 08:53 AM   #85
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2195 Times on 1215 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Quote:

Negotiable?? Let's see hidden gun in pocket~vs~ open carry on hip??? Am I missing something??
Not negotiable, negligible. As in tenths of a second. The clock doesn't lie.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Old 09-23-2013, 09:16 AM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF
Not negotiable, negligible. As in tenths of a second. The clock doesn't lie.
Tenths of a second can be the difference in life or death in a gun fight. Can we both agree to that? If so, my point is valid and not worth discussing anymore.

Old 09-23-2013, 11:41 AM   #87

Liked 663 Times on 366 Posts
Likes Given: 1374

I hardly ever pocket carry. I do it only during hot weather and I'm wearing only one shirt and there is a possibility of printing and/or I don't want the firearm up against my bare back...BUT when I do (instead of 4:30 on the waist) it's the same pistol (a Radom P64 in 9x18 Makrov http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P-64_(pistol) .... and the same holster (Ace Case ambidextrous http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/ZAA-797 )
....and before THAT can of worms gets opened again...Yes, I bought it from CTD... NO, I bought it before the last panic & their company's price gouging... and Yes, it will be the LAST thing I ever order from them.

Old 09-23-2013, 05:21 PM   #88
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1651 Times on 981 Posts
Likes Given: 810

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall View Post
Tenths of a second can be the difference in life or death in a gun fight. Can we both agree to that? If so, my point is valid and not worth discussing anymore.
The element of SURPRISE is far more important than the 1/10 of second or as far as that goes several seconds you were discussing in a lethal confrontation!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

JW357 Likes This 
Old 09-23-2013, 06:33 PM   #89

I pocket carry my G26 in Galco horsehide pocket holster. This works well for me with the right pants or shorts.

Old 09-24-2013, 03:50 AM   #90
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2195 Times on 1215 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Quote:
I guess I'll have to post a video. The difference isn't enough to matter.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."