Your pocket carry - Page 8
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Your pocket carry


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2013, 12:13 PM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
magnumman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pa
Posts: 544
Liked 163 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Pocket carry us one of those things that are for some people and not for others. I will drop my 442 smith in my pocket if I am dressed right and I am in a hurry. It was really a strange place for a gun when I first started doing it. I had to consciously remember to not toss a handful of change or my keys in there with it. I still prefer to have it on my belt.
magnumman is offline  
NC1760 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:11 PM   #72
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
cotex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 267
Liked 54 Times on 39 Posts

Default

I like lcp/ ct model little 380 for a back wallet carry came with a nice cheap holster.

Tex
cotex is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:24 PM   #73
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Free State of Winston, AL
Posts: 4,104
Liked 2729 Times on 1639 Posts
Likes Given: 1618

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
My pocket carry is loose change and a pocket knife. My firearm is carried in a holster attached to a belt.

Pockets are ideal for loose change, holsters are ideal for firearms, however holsters are no good for loose change and pockets are awful depositories for firearms.
True, but they do make 'pocket holsters' and if you do carry a handgun in your 'pocket' you can have it in a 'holster'!
And this is the ONLY way I would recommend anyone carry a handgun in their pocket as you don't need the dirt, debris, and other crap interfering with their PPD!
__________________
An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Last edited by JimRau; 09-21-2013 at 06:28 PM.
JimRau is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:41 PM   #74
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mahall's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 918
Liked 169 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumman
Pocket carry us one of those things that are for some people and not for others. I will drop my 442 smith in my pocket if I am dressed right and I am in a hurry. It was really a strange place for a gun when I first started doing it. I had to consciously remember to not toss a handful of change or my keys in there with it. I still prefer to have it on my belt.
Nothing wrong with pocket Holsters. But drawing from the waist/hip is faster in almost every situation! And pocket carrying while driving?? Forget it! You will be dead many times over, trying to draw your pistol from your pocket in a a split second! As a rule, Pocket carry should not be an everyday practice if you want maximum advantages to protect yourself! Even if it just adds a half a second to your draw time! A half a second in a gun fight can likely mean "dead or alive"! I guess if it was a guarantee that all BG in the world chose to pocket carry, keeping the playing field even, we would all pocket carry! Pocket carry should be an exception not the rule for everyday carry! Let's be honest, pocket carry is easier and more convenient, not better or more efficient! However, to those that think Pocket carry is best, by all means " Carry On" much better than Not carrying at all.
mahall is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:37 AM   #75
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DeltaF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Deep South USA
Posts: 3,206
Liked 2452 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall

Nothing wrong with pocket Holsters. But drawing from the waist/hip is faster in almost every situation! And pocket carrying while driving?? Forget it! You will be dead many times over, trying to draw your pistol from your pocket in a a split second! As a rule, Pocket carry should not be an everyday practice if you want maximum advantages to protect yourself! Even if it just adds a half a second to your draw time! A half a second in a gun fight can likely mean "dead or alive"! I guess if it was a guarantee that all BG in the world chose to pocket carry, keeping the playing field even, we would all pocket carry! Pocket carry should be an exception not the rule for everyday carry! Let's be honest, pocket carry is easier and more convenient, not better or more efficient! However, to those that think Pocket carry is best, by all means " Carry On" much better than Not carrying at all.
I've drawn my pocket pistol from a seated position. And I've drawn it from a standing position. With a shot clock. And the difference between that and an open carry holster is negligible. The difference between that an IWB holster was nonexistent. If you practice steps of the draw enough with all your handguns and holsters you'll find the differences aren't enough to matter.
__________________
"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Last edited by DeltaF; 09-23-2013 at 01:39 AM.
DeltaF is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:04 AM   #76
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DrFootball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern Arizona(Fmr. NYC & L.I.)
Posts: 8,039
Liked 3390 Times on 2292 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF

I've drawn my pocket pistol from a seated position. And I've drawn it from a standing position. With a shot clock. And the difference between that and an open carry holster is negligible. The difference between that an IWB holster was nonexistent. If you practice steps of the draw enough with all your handguns and holsters you'll find the differences aren't enough to matter.
It's all about practice,......practice,......practice....
__________________
askdrfootball@gmail.com

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
DrFootball is offline  
DeltaF Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:29 AM   #77
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
magnumman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pa
Posts: 544
Liked 163 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall

Nothing wrong with pocket Holsters. But drawing from the waist/hip is faster in almost every situation! And pocket carrying while driving?? Forget it! You will be dead many times over, trying to draw your pistol from your pocket in a a split second! As a rule, Pocket carry should not be an everyday practice if you want maximum advantages to protect yourself! Even if it just adds a half a second to your draw time! A half a second in a gun fight can likely mean "dead or alive"! I guess if it was a guarantee that all BG in the world chose to pocket carry, keeping the playing field even, we would all pocket carry! Pocket carry should be an exception not the rule for everyday carry! Let's be honest, pocket carry is easier and more convenient, not better or more efficient! However, to those that think Pocket carry is best, by all means " Carry On" much better than Not carrying at all.
I'm with you for the most part. I like to have a gun on my belt. The pocket will do in a pinch though. When I drive I like to have it off body. I clip a cheap iwb holster to the door pocket of my truck. It is easily in reach if I need it and it is quick to get onto my body when I get out.
magnumman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:31 AM   #78
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mahall's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 918
Liked 169 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF
I've drawn my pocket pistol from a seated position. And I've drawn it from a standing position. With a shot clock. And the difference between that and an open carry holster is negligible. The difference between that an IWB holster was nonexistent. If you practice steps of the draw enough with all your handguns and holsters you'll find the differences aren't enough to matter.
Negotiable?? Let's see hidden gun in pocket~vs~ open carry on hip??? Am I missing something??
mahall is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:41 AM   #79
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JW357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 6,716
Liked 3735 Times on 2288 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall View Post
Negotiable?? Let's see hidden gun in pocket~vs~ open carry on hip??? Am I missing something??
I'm a firm believer that if you practice something enough, anything can be overcome.

Some people would call that proper training.
__________________
Always have clean socks.
JW357 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:47 AM   #80
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DrFootball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern Arizona(Fmr. NYC & L.I.)
Posts: 8,039
Liked 3390 Times on 2292 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357

I'm a firm believer that if you practice something enough, anything can be overcome.

Some people would call that proper training.
As well as some folk prefer the option of both,.......
__________________
askdrfootball@gmail.com

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
DrFootball is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
To pocket carry or to not?? bige91603 Semi-Auto Handguns 30 03-23-2013 12:37 AM
Pocket carry markie357 Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 42 11-19-2012 07:33 PM
CCW S&W 642 - IWB or Pocket carry? bf109 Revolver Handguns 5 04-14-2012 01:41 AM
best ccw for pocket carry johnc847 General Handgun Discussion 39 03-26-2011 11:37 PM
Pocket carry? NGIB Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 18 08-27-2009 12:25 AM