Your pocket carry - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Your pocket carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2013, 12:26 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 18 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 66

I always find the takes on pocket carry, very interesting. The level of comfort (or in my case, discomfort) that different folks have with some fairly large or bulky seeming pistols, says alot about us as people. Everybody has a different level of what they feel is comfortable and/or utile. In my case much is dependent upon size, both mine and the pistol's. I'm small and wear jeans or dress slacks most days. With the fit of my clothing it is difficult to put anything of any size at all in my pants pockets. That being said I have on rare occasions pocket carried my Bodyguard 380 in the front pocket of some shorts that are pretty much cargo shorts with multiple large pockets. I have carried a few different guns in my jacket pockets, but that is not what the OP is asking so we'll leave that out.

I wish I could more comfortably carry in a pants pocket, but I don't see that happening any time soon - unless I start wearing larger, baggier drawers, which on me always seem of the clown pants variety.

Old 08-25-2013, 12:39 PM   #22

Liked 164 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyp7162
What is your pocket carry, and how do you like it? Please do not turn this into a caliber debate; just want to know what works for you. Thanks!!!
LCP for me!! You can conceal that bug in next to nothing! The lack of an external safety and the heavy trigger makes it ideal for pocket carry? She shoots pretty damn accurate for such a small gun! 380 is not the ideal man stopper but its better than nothing and totally blows away any excuse not to carry!! Glock 26 is my prime carry but I will pocket the LCP in a very casual dress attire!!

Old 08-25-2013, 12:40 PM   #23

Liked 331 Times on 263 Posts
Likes Given: 37

I pocket carry a kahr cm9 now for almost 4 years. Carried a pf-9 for 2 years before the kahr and a snubby for 20 years before that. Have several other kahrs that are for iwb be that's another question.

Old 08-25-2013, 01:05 PM   #24
emo
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 293 Times on 172 Posts
Likes Given: 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemc
I always find the takes on pocket carry, very interesting. The level of comfort (or in my case, discomfort) that different folks have with some fairly large or bulky seeming pistols, says alot about us as people. Everybody has a different level of what they feel is comfortable and/or utile. In my case much is dependent upon size, both mine and the pistol's. I'm small and wear jeans or dress slacks most days. With the fit of my clothing it is difficult to put anything of any size at all in my pants pockets. That being said I have on rare occasions pocket carried my Bodyguard 380 in the front pocket of some shorts that are pretty much cargo shorts with multiple large pockets. I have carried a few different guns in my jacket pockets, but that is not what the OP is asking so we'll leave that out.

I wish I could more comfortably carry in a pants pocket, but I don't see that happening any time soon - unless I start wearing larger, baggier drawers, which on me always seem of the clown pants variety.
Look into CCW Breakaway pants. Look interesting but the price scares me away.
http://www.ccwbreakaways.com/

Old 08-25-2013, 01:21 PM   #25

Liked 2158 Times on 1182 Posts
Likes Given: 1394

I just watched the video on those breakaway pants. It shows him pointing the gun directly at his own leg or crotch to break the pocket loose. No way am I going there. They can keep them.
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 08-25-2013, 01:23 PM   #26

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

I pocket carry several guns depending on numerous variables. Most of the time I carry a Kel Tec P-11. I have a Kel Tec P-3AT I used to carry a lot. I also carry a Charter Mag Pug in my pocket.

Old 08-25-2013, 01:26 PM   #27
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2474 Times on 1326 Posts
Likes Given: 879

Kahr PM9 in DeSantis Nemesis is my daily carry. Then if that prints to much because of small pockets, I have a S&W Bodyguard 380 with DeSantis Nemesis as well. It is very rare that the Kahr doesn't fit.

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 08-25-2013, 06:45 PM   #28

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

A 638 in a Nemesis, right front pocket. Doesn't get any simpler.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:09 PM   #29

Liked 198 Times on 132 Posts

I have carried a Keltec P32 since before they were available to the general public.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:49 PM   #30

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I just started carrying the Ruger LCP in a desantes nemesis holster in my right front pocket for my daily carry. Usually wear dress pants with a tucked in shirt. So far so good. I usually have always carried IWB in the 4:00 position with a sig 938 or kimber ultra covert. The reason was so I could carry throughout my work day. The weight seems to be the biggest issue. Even my sig 938 seems too heavy for my front pocket. So far so good on the LCP.