Your experiences with Leo's - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Your experiences with Leo's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2012, 02:31 PM   #51
fmj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 754 Times on 438 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
We have a discussion on another forum about my states conceal permit classes. MI state laws are quirky, and the problem is that many LEO's have no idea what the laws really are, conceal instructors are not much better with legal instruction. Even then, there's a local report of a guy that was pulled over and said his firearm was not loaded because the safety was on... WTH do you do with someone that unfamiliar with a firearm? What do you do with people that are not interested in learning the legal, or SAFE use of a firearm? The constitution side of me says, 2A is 2A is 2A. The family side of me says, people too stupid to own firearms shouldn't.
The way i sum this up when speaking on the subject is, I support every persons RIGHT to have/carry a gun. There are just some people that have NO BUSINESS owning/carrying a firearm.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 01-14-2012, 02:48 PM   #52
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj

The way i sum this up when speaking on the subject is, I support every persons RIGHT to have/carry a gun. There are just some people that have NO BUSINESS owning/carrying a firearm.
Yeah, you're right. But the same can be said for cars, having kids, etc, etc. My problem with it though, is who gets to decide? It seems that it's NEVER the person you want it to be.

No, I prefer to leave it to the "responsible (and liable) for ones own actions" model that we've gotten this far using. If you are a victim of someone's negligence, it sucks. Whether it was through ones negligence with a car, food poisoning at a restaurant, or a gun.

Just my opinion.