Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Your experiences with Leo's (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/your-experiences-leos-55396/)

Kamauhotep 01-13-2012 04:29 AM

Your experiences with Leo's

What kind of experiences have you had with LEO'S regarding your CCW? I hear some people have horrible experiences and others have great ones. So far, any contact with LEO'S I've had has been pleasant.

Guns don't kill people, bullets do.

c3shooter 01-13-2012 04:50 AM

That is sort of like "What is the traffic like on the way to work?"

Depends entirely on where you are.

Here in Virginia, visit the State Capitol Bldg. Police officer and metal detector- "Good morning, gents- CHL holder." Examines license. "Thank you, sir- please walk around the scanner. Have a good day."

S-I-Law, who is a serving LEO, visits New York- no sidearm. Goes into Metropolitan Museum. Staff spot his badge in his wallet as he pays admission, and try to shake him down for a sidearm (even though by Federal Law he can carry there)

Kamauhotep 01-13-2012 04:57 AM

Yeah just trying to hear different experiences from other carriers across the country.

Kamauhotep 01-13-2012 04:59 AM

Wow. I didn't know that about Virginia.

trip286 01-13-2012 05:00 AM

Really, I'd recommend just searching for older threads on the matter, this is likely going to turn into a cop bashing fest and we've had quite a bit of drama with that lately.

Kamauhotep 01-13-2012 05:03 AM

Really? Okay I'll look it up. Not wanting to start any cop bashing whatsoever.

lastcast 01-13-2012 05:25 AM

Ccw

Local County Sheriff Deputies here in this politically connected "Good Old Boy County" can be pricks. Kinda depends if you were born here and what your name is. I have a Federal Permit so I follow the rules and screw them locals!!! Some never heard of HB218, Go Figure :confused::confused:.

Regards: Lastcast, Ranger Recon, Class of 67.

levelcross 01-13-2012 12:54 PM

So far no problems at all, but in this area I know most of the local PD off the job.

007BondJamesBond007 01-13-2012 01:01 PM

My wife was stopped On Christmas in by the IN State Police and we said we got three guns on us he didn't care looked at her drivers license and said not to speed and Merry Christmas.

fmj 01-13-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007BondJamesBond007 (Post 675997)
My wife was stopped On Christmas in by the IN State Police and we said we got three guns on us he didn't care looked at her drivers license and said not to speed and Merry Christmas.

In the free state of IN, unlike MI, you do not have to declare you're armed. Unless directly asked "Do you have any weapons on you?"

Also you can carry ANYWHERE, unless the building houses a court room.