You catch an intruder in your house during the night..... - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > You catch an intruder in your house during the night.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2014, 01:12 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 409 Times on 266 Posts
Likes Given: 4

At the risk of sounding like a Billy Bad A*s, my place is alarmed. If it doesn't scare Mr. Bad Guy off when it starts hootin and tootin. I'm pretty sure he means business. In that case, so do I.

Old 03-03-2014, 01:40 PM   #22

Liked 748 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 402

Since I am only armed with a squirt gun I would likely call the police as instructed by our VP. Double barrels have too much recoil.

Old 03-03-2014, 02:12 PM   #23

Liked 1923 Times on 1078 Posts
Likes Given: 2715

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchunt101 View Post
Since I am only armed with a squirt gun I would likely call the police as instructed by our VP. Double barrels have too much recoil.
Is it a super super soaker..with the 4 gal backpack..? It might be considered "high capacity" or "overkill" for a HD situation.

Don't follow me.....You won't make it.....

People Like This 
Old 03-03-2014, 02:47 PM   #24

Liked 308 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 24

I just go for the mop...........man would there be a mess.

My ol' lady's job puts us at heightened risk. That, plus having children, we simply can't take chances.

Yeah, talk is cheap, and the death and rape threats get boring............but some of the kids she's worked with have raped and killed.

If people really knew just what was out there......... even those that haven't done the worst stuff...........they most likely will. The system can't do much until they become adults and do such crimes.

Last edited by Hookeye; 03-03-2014 at 02:53 PM.
People Like This 
Old 03-03-2014, 03:02 PM   #25

Liked 113 Times on 85 Posts

Default You catch an intruder in your house during the night.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
If I wind up in court at some time, and someone is looking back thru my internet postings, to be introduced at my trial, I want it to be known-

There are too many variables to be able to give a single pat answer. While I hope never to have to hurt anyone (again) my first concern is the safety of my family (and myself).

The final outcome is going to depend on the actions of the intruder. Beyond that, I am not inclined to discuss my hypothetical actions on an open forum.

Remember- the internet is like Herpes- this stuff sticks around a LOOOOOONG time.

How are they going to know you are c3shooter? Are you going to tell the prosecution your c3shooter and belong to gun forums? Is there going to be a search warrant for your computer since the intruder is dead who obviously did an home invasion? I just don't get this argument. Don't use your real name on forums and don't talk about doing things that would be considered criminal behavior and you should be ok. I'm almost 100 percent sure the bad guys have talked about what they would do if they encounter the home owner while intruding although not on a public forum. I'm pretty sure nobody knows my true identity on this forum. This is just paranoia just like which kind of bullet should be used for self defense or so on.....if your lawyer lets you go to jail for shooting a intruder while protecting your domain because you posted it on a forum under an alias dude your lawyer suchs. Just saying. However I like the herpes reference lol

Never enough guns or ammo

Old 03-03-2014, 03:16 PM   #26
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2736 Times on 1332 Posts
Likes Given: 1392

Like most here! If he gets past the driveway and outside alarms, the home alarm system which I doubt. All I will say is he should not have came here with his welfare in mind! And I will do what is necessary to resolve the issue. In Tennessee the rules are on the side of the home owner and citizen. We have the right to protect our property and family!
The rest, someone can figure out his possible destiny!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-03-2014, 03:26 PM   #27
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 844 Times on 612 Posts
Likes Given: 248

I would just call 911. The police will protect my beloved family.
They will be there in minutes, when seconds count!

"...from my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston & NRA
"He which hath no stomach to this fight,/ Let him depart." Henry V

Old 03-03-2014, 04:02 PM   #28

Liked 1923 Times on 1078 Posts
Likes Given: 2715

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25-5 View Post
I would just call 911. The police will protect my beloved family.
They will be there in minutes, when seconds count!
Thats something the BG should consider. In my case, and many others that live in a rural area, we have a volunteer EMS/FIRE Dept. By the time they get the call, put their britches on, drive to the fire station, fire up the ambulance, and drive out to where im at..its 25-30 minutes. They might want to hit a house closer to emergency services...They will bleed out at my house long before EMS can get here to save them....

Don't follow me.....You won't make it.....

Old 03-03-2014, 05:18 PM   #29

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones45 View Post
How are they going to know you are c3shooter? Are you going to tell the prosecution your c3shooter and belong to gun forums? Is there going to be a search warrant for your computer since the intruder is dead who obviously did an home invasion? I just don't get this argument. Don't use your real name on forums and don't talk about doing things that would be considered criminal behavior and you should be ok. I'm almost 100 percent sure the bad guys have talked about what they would do if they encounter the home owner while intruding although not on a public forum. I'm pretty sure nobody knows my true identity on this forum. This is just paranoia just like which kind of bullet should be used for self defense or so on.....if your lawyer lets you go to jail for shooting a intruder while protecting your domain because you posted it on a forum under an alias dude your lawyer suchs. Just saying. However I like the herpes reference lol

Never enough guns or ammo
I'll tell you a couple of things right now.

1. C3 can find out your identity without being a moderator here. He and I have played hypothetical games on doing so. I haven't told him my success in uncovering his identity, or how much I know about him (not much beyond what a casual acquaintance would know). I've never told him that I'm actually pretty good at it myself, but he's smart and knows I used the internet to track down my ex wife when she kidnapped my son. I've actually had him track down information about me that even I don't know, such as my operator ID number for the municipal water treatment service I work for.

2. The information that he and I both can find, isn't protected. He knows the names of everyone in my family, how old they are, what they do, where they live, or where to find the information.

3. If he and I (he being the smart one, I being only a half educated redneck) can find these things, anyone can.

4. It may not be able to be PROVEN for sure, that you really said any particular thing online... But it doesn't have to be. They only have to present enough evidence to convince a jury of your peers. Always remember that. Those here saying "I'd open fire", or anything to that effect, could have their words twisted to make it look as if they're LOOKING to get a thrill kill.

5. Your best bet at legal protection is exactly what you alluded to. Loose lips sink ships.

Edit to add: Also, forums such as these cooperate with law enforcement. If they have reason to suspect something, and do actually get a warrant, they'll request the information. See my earlier post referring to the matter, it's exactly what happened. I'll see if I can find a link for ya to look at. This guy, they had no reason to investigate his online activities as far as I'm concerned. But they did, and he lost.

Last edited by trip286; 03-03-2014 at 05:22 PM.

Old 03-03-2014, 05:20 PM   #30
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9542 Times on 4105 Posts
Likes Given: 1499

Just for what it is worth- a member here, who I will NOT name, asked if I would see what I could turn up on him- on the net. I am NOT the super sleuth of the interwebz.

I gave back to him his high school, a scholarship he had been awarded, son's name and hospital where he was born, what a family member did that was in the Guard, and the scores he made on a licensing exam. Took about 30 minutes. Oh, I also gave him his name.

That took about 45 minutes. I did not use any government or secret programming. There is more out there on most of us than you would imagine. And it went out as a PR release to the papers on your getting a scholarship, the hospital reporting a new birth, etc.

One other member asked for same thing- I asked them if their neighbor ever took them out for a ride on the boat he had parked in the yard. Told them the color of the boat.

No, please don't ask me- I feel like a stalker. But try for yourself. You may be uncomfortable with what is there.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

People Like This