You catch an intruder in your house during the night..... - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > You catch an intruder in your house during the night.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2014, 10:00 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I have a 100lb female red nose pitbull inside that is very responsive and barks if she hears anything, but I doubt that she would attack if the perp made it inside the house "although not 100% sure". If anyone is caught inside my house, they are DONE, I do not play

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 03-02-2014, 10:08 PM   #12
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7146 Times on 3912 Posts
Likes Given: 14480

I would be happy as a clam just running the guy(s) off. Any resistance warrants lead to the head. No matter how many invaders. I'm willing to die defending my family, but I prefer the adversaries beat me to it.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

People Like This 
Old 03-02-2014, 11:14 PM   #13

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts

Depends. Below the stairs before I have to go down the stairs and I can cover and hold him I would since the stairs (due to its design is very defendable position) above the stairs (which means in one of the two bedrooms) if they don't break their neck stepping into our bedroom in the dark I would most likely shoot. If they are in the other bedroom I'll let my son deal with it. All that training on board ship to learn how to repel boarders and secure the compartment should come in handy (OK so he would shoot too)

But since the rear entry to my house is not breachable from the outside and both the front and rear entries are compartmentalized (you break in the outer door you still have to break in the front or rear door. Totally enclosed ft porch front windows internally barred. un breachable rear door leads to laundry/store room which presents with a reinforced rear door up steps that would be quite the challenge,

So anyone breaking into my house will be met before they can actually enter the house proper.

A mans house is his castle and in my opinion should be constructed like one.

Old 03-03-2014, 05:54 AM   #14
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3170 Times on 2151 Posts
Likes Given: 689

Default You catch an intruder in your house during the night.....

We're on one level. If they manage not to wake the 86 Lb. Old English Bulldog in his Crate by the side door to the Driveway, and come In through the Back of the Property( either from the front through my driveway or the back yard from over the 16tf. Stone Privacy wall) : My Yard light has a sensor on it. Before they get past the back door lock the Cops are called and I'm standing there with any number of Items, with the wife backing me up and holding on the Ph to county E-911. Come in throughout the side or front, by the time you are 5 secs through the Door I'm set up in a 30 Ft. Hallway with same as prior.....or Gator has commenced eating him/her...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 03-03-2014 at 06:16 AM.
Balota Likes This 
Old 03-03-2014, 05:58 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3861 Times on 2305 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

I just thought of something. After capturing him, make him clean the house, wash the cars and fix a sandwich. Free labor! LOL!

"Feuer Frei!"

People Like This 
Old 03-03-2014, 06:01 AM   #16

Liked 2389 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Won't need the cops. I'm handy with rope. I'll tie him to a tree nekked, put a calf with him who misses his mama. Let nature runs it's course.

~ Get your tools and meet me on tow princess!~

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

People Like This 
Old 03-03-2014, 08:41 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Arm myself, conceal myself in my prearranged spot, call 911, and hope the SO has a few cars nearby. If at all possible I want them to handle the dirty work. The last thing I want to do is take somebody's life.

Old 03-03-2014, 10:22 AM   #18
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6134 Times on 3038 Posts
Likes Given: 6513

Pray that god forgives me for eliminating the threat!

Old 03-03-2014, 11:39 AM   #19
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8868 Times on 3841 Posts
Likes Given: 1383

If I wind up in court at some time, and someone is looking back thru my internet postings, to be introduced at my trial, I want it to be known-

There are too many variables to be able to give a single pat answer. While I hope never to have to hurt anyone (again) my first concern is the safety of my family (and myself).

The final outcome is going to depend on the actions of the intruder. Beyond that, I am not inclined to discuss my hypothetical actions on an open forum.

Remember- the internet is like Herpes- this stuff sticks around a LOOOOOONG time.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

People Like This 
Old 03-03-2014, 11:58 AM   #20

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
If I wind up in court at some time, and someone is looking back thru my internet postings, to be introduced at my trial, I want it to be known-

There are too many variables to be able to give a single pat answer. While I hope never to have to hurt anyone (again) my first concern is the safety of my family (and myself).

The final outcome is going to depend on the actions of the intruder. Beyond that, I am not inclined to discuss my hypothetical actions on an open forum.

Remember- the internet is like Herpes- this stuff sticks around a LOOOOOONG time.
I'll add to this, internet forum postings have already been used, and likely will continue to be used, against people. Fella named Leonard "something or other" up in Tennessee rings a bell. The stack of internet postings he made that were introduced at his trial looked like a novel. In 10 point font. He kept talking about how he carries a Draco "pistol" everywhere in attempts to "educate" people about his rights... long story short, it turned into a big mess, and he LOST in the end. MISERABLY.

Some things are best kept close to the vest. Yes, this is coming from the guy who has a habit of putting soooo much of his personal stuff out there for everyone to see. Even I don't tell y'all everything.