Are you armed when at home? - Page 21
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Are you armed when at home?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2012, 05:03 AM   #201
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford101

Interesting, is it a nonfiction piece?
Its a training manual written by U.S. Navy Seal Don Mann with inputs from Lt. Col. David Grossman, Jeff Cooper ect. Its honestly one of the best books ive ever read! Imho it should be every shooters bible!

Old 07-15-2012, 05:13 AM   #202

It covers
• combat mind-set
• marksmanship
• weapon saftey
• defensive training techniques
• tactical guidelines
• concealed carry
It also talks about how staying prepared is not being paranoid and practices you can use to defend your house and family with dry firing.....
Check it out on google. I was looking for the book happy handgunner which is a book my uncle ( Army Ranger) recommended to me when i found this my uncle is also now reading this book haha

Old 07-15-2012, 06:25 AM   #203

I really wish new jersey would stop hiding behind their bogus "may carry" status, and actually allow carry. Even if it's open carry, the garden state may become a little less violent. I currently carry around my house. I feel it's good practice due to the Utah CCP I'm awaiting. I may not be allowed to carry in my state yet, but I want to be comfortable with it when I venture to other states. What classes have you all found to be good for concealed carry and handling stressful situations?

Old 07-15-2012, 08:29 PM   #204

Always have something on my person

Old 07-16-2012, 02:04 AM   #205

Liked 272 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 193

No, but I have a shotgun close to the front door and a pistol near my bed

”The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.”
~James Earl Jones

Old 07-16-2012, 02:48 AM   #206

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I dont have a gun on me.
I have a 12 gauge and an ar15 in my room

Old 08-01-2012, 04:10 AM   #207
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 919 Times on 426 Posts
Likes Given: 437

After reading this entire thread I thought to myself there are a lot of paranoid people here and then looked down to see one of my .45s on my computer table (loaded) and an AK-47 leaning against it in the same condition a couple more in the living room and more yet upstairs one in the truck and another in the boat and my ever present LC9 in a belt slide holster and an alarm system in the house! Nope I was wrong you guys are ok and normal as I see it!

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

People Like This 
Old 08-01-2012, 06:04 AM   #208

Likes Given: 3

I decided to give The Modern Day Gunslinger a shot [pun intended] and ordered one. I was initially disappointed in its content; I'd seen this all before. 30 years in law enforcement had taught me a lot from Model 10s with no blueing left to the last piece of issued tactical plastic (-including a 9mm one that malfunctioned and Smyrna GA refused to believe it-). I must admit I had laid it aside somewhere in my memory cells. This book brought back all of that training, well, maybe not all of it, but certainly enough to remind me that when the brown stinky stuff impacts with the revolving ventilator blades, you WILL fall back on your training. And since I'm retired, ALL the training has to be done on my own initiative. And expense. Nearly every page reminds me of something from a training session, usually something I haven't thought about for a while. To me, it's worth the price for that if nothing else. Sorry to deflect the topic about being armed at home; I don't wear one but one's close. Now I'm going to take the Combat Commander out of its hideout, unload the real stuff and reload it with a red dummy round to practice sighting, trigger pull and whatever else I can with an empty pistol. p.s. I enjoyed the sheep/wolves/sheepdogs story in the book. Reading it again brought back a some pleasant memories of jail doors banging shut on some BGs.

It only takes a second to dial 911; it could take the rest of your life for help to arrive. ~ Unknown

Old 08-01-2012, 03:02 PM   #209
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1276 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

I always carry, except in the shower. My opinion is that when a BG comes thru my door or window with murder on his mind, I don't want to have to ask for a "time out" while I go to my bedroom, get the keys to my gun safe, open it, get out a lock box with a gun in it, get the keys for the lock box, open it, take out the gun, unlock the gun lock and remove it, assemble the gun, go to my ammo vault in the other bedroom, find the keys, unlock it, get out a box of ammo, go back to the other room, load a magazine, shove it up the gun, slam the action shut, decock the gun (for safety), then go back to the living room, and yell, "Time in" before I try to defend myself and my family.

Last edited by AIKIJUTSU; 08-01-2012 at 03:06 PM.

Old 08-01-2012, 03:20 PM   #210

Liked 22 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I either have it one on me or close enough to grab. Right now my G27 is on the endtable next to me.