Xs big dots vs Trijicans night sights
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Xs big dots vs Trijicans night sights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2012, 07:11 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Xs big dots vs Trijicans night sights

Which night sights do you fine folks here choose, out of these two and why. Looking for people with exsperiance with the Xs sight system mostly as i have never shot with them but have shot traditional night sights. And must say i shot very well with them during my concealed class. Oh yeah i should mention there for my edc glock23 which only have stock sights, which are great too im not gone lie but i need to upgrade to combat sights for my defensive piece.

Kinda in a dilemma right now i need my fellow gunners help im leaning towards the xs sights but i never shot them before like i did the trijicans. So what you guys think i plan on picking some up this week while at the range.

Thanks in advance guys.... GLOCKCOMA

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-12-2012, 01:09 PM   #2

Liked 56 Times on 45 Posts

I have the two dot sights on my carry pistols. The thought is that in a high stress situation, people will focus only on the front sight so make it big.
Also, I do not own a sight pusher so the install was much easier.

Old 01-13-2012, 12:43 AM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Well i took the plung today, went to a local range here well i first called them and asked about the Xs big dots sights and if they were in stock and available for me today, and he told me they could get them on special order as in you WANT them they order them on demand so. I really been needing night sights and been putting it off, putting it off you know how it go, a young man with a fiance' he's about to marry soon with two kids and 1 cookeN in the oven right now as we speak now. I mean com'on guys you know how it go, money kinda tight tryN to save and all well, let me get back on topic well had the day off and said ima go get my sights. Had extra money so be it and got to my dealer and i left with the trijicans. Guys let me tell you man these sights are bright. These being my first set of combat sights on my personal piece, really make me wonder what my G23 would of been and looked like with Exspress Big dots sights or Xs sights Man they must be nice..

No complaints about what i got they are nice and im exstreamly happy with them. But maybe deep down inside i wish they had the big dots there for my edc glock 23. Deep down, im feelN like i should of put these on my G17... but on a more positive note the wife told me why didnt you put any on my gun, well maybe not positive since she took over my 17 anyway and claimed it as her own which gives me a reason to put the Xs sights on that it would be a benefit on both of us since she loves to shoot and claimed that anyway. But what she dnt know is thats fine it's only gonna give me my leeway on picking up the G27 or G30 STILL UNDECIDED. But thats another topic.

Last edited by glockcoma; 01-13-2012 at 12:55 AM.

Old 01-13-2012, 02:44 AM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

These trijicans are awsome im glad i got them cant wait to try em at the range.

Last edited by glockcoma; 01-13-2012 at 02:51 AM.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:55 PM   #5

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Sorry about the poor pic took it from my cell in the bathroom it was pitch black in there and my phone has no flash.

And for some reason the pic posted sideways. But believe me pics do these sights no justice.

forumrunner_20120113_165349.jpg

Old 01-13-2012, 10:21 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5991 Times on 3133 Posts
Likes Given: 427

I uae whatever is on the gun. My preferred system isthe colt new agent trench sight for ccw. On my xdm i pretty much ignore the sights.

My thinking is if its too dark to see the sights its too dark to see the goblin. If a gun appeals to me and its got illuminated thats fine but i wont spend money on em.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-13-2012, 11:15 PM   #7
AOK

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

What kind of Trijicons did you get? The Trijicon HD NS are Trijicon's sight that is comparable to the XS sights if you are looking for the large/bright front sight. Maybe that is what you got but if not, check them out. I prefered the HD's over the XS's. YMMV

Old 01-14-2012, 07:28 AM   #8

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I just got the standard trijicans night sights. Would of loved the Xs sights for the 23 and these for my 17 but these will get the job done GOD FORBID i ever need it. As good as these look i can only imagine that big ol golf ball on the xs sights man they gotta be nice.

Old 01-14-2012, 02:57 PM   #9

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

I had Trijicons on my Glock for years and liked them. They were green dotd for the rear sight and yellow for the front. Worked really well. When they started to fade (I told ya I had them a long time!) I got the Big Dot 24/7 sights:
XS Sight Systems - Sights
It takes a little while to get used to them but you cannot miss that front sight. Put the target on top of the dot and it's right on. I really like these sights.

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper

Old 01-24-2012, 07:55 AM   #10

I just bought xs sights for my carry about a month ago and I love them. It does take some time getting used to though. I made the choice primarily because for whatever reason, I could see the front sight clearly in doors but out, my eyes would fight it. I liked the fact that xs is designed for quick acquisition. Accuracy is not an issue either. If I want to do rapid fire, I just put the golf ball in the v, but for more precision, I found that I have to put the smaller front dot directly on top of the rear sight vertical line. 3 inch or less groupings at 7 yards. I'd buy the again for other guns.