Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > XDs .45

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2012, 03:02 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 52

The hardest thing for me to get used to when I first got my XD's was the trigger pull. It was heavy and hard for me to get used to especially after shooting a Sig and a 1911 for over 17yrs. But once I got used to it was a great handgun.

Old 09-12-2012, 03:17 AM   #12

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I have handled several and shot one. I'm impressed and it is more then likely the next handgun I will bring home.

I should also say that I'm an XD fan and have owned several over the years. IMHO, the XD line is the best line of poly guns on the market.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 09-17-2012, 12:23 AM   #13

Liked 26 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Ok I'm new so Plz be gentle w the "pointing me in the right direction" but I have owned two concealed weapons so far, started w a not so well thought out choice of a Glock 23. I loved the gun but for a new ta the "life style" it wasn't as easy to conceal as I wanted. Then of course the lack of a safety is of concern having small children. So onto my next choice a way easy to conseal S&W BG.380 the size and a safety were welcome, but(as w life there always is) I'm not as happy w the knock down power. While I'm open to any reasonable option the XDS 3.3 is floating tru my dreams as my next choice......???? Any input would be welcome(helpful prefered) Thx a OIF Army vet(ret)

Old 09-17-2012, 02:54 PM   #14

I have handled and shot the compact version since I last posted on this thread and am very impressed with it, it is going to be my next handgun purchase.

Old 09-17-2012, 11:24 PM   #15

Liked 26 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Thank you, I love Glocks but the piece of mind w a second safety and size and weight are on the XDS side and that counts enough for my vote.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:29 PM   #16

I purchased an XDS a few months ago. Great cc gun. I was carrying an XD 40sc for several years and after carrying the XDS I won't go back. It's better for carry and shoots greats. Let's not forget its a cannon.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:53 PM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I purchased the XDs a few months ago and it is now my primary carry gun. In the past I have carried quite a few guns from Glock Springfield Ruger and S&W. The XDs is awesome shoots well with very little recoil given the caliber and size of the gun. I carry it with the 5 round magazine plus one in the pipe and a spare 7 round mag in my pocket. It is carried in a Cross Breed Mini Tuck holster and the set up is so comfortable you almost forget you are carrying.
BTW I carry everyday all day long including when I am at work and nobody has a clue

Old 09-27-2012, 12:40 AM   #18

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The XDS is a great pistol. I have now put 200 rounds of all different kinds of ammo and it eats them all. I really put it to the test today and shot 100 rounds of TulAmmo. The recoil is not a factor and the little blaster is accurate as heck. I feel as protected as I can be carrying the XDS.