XDs .45
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > XDs .45

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2012, 11:50 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default XDs .45

Does anybody have any input on the XDs .45? I am looking for a new concealed carry weapon, also if anybody has any experience carrying the XDs what holsters do you use? I have only read about these, I haven't gotten around to getting my hands on one yet.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-31-2012, 12:50 PM   #2

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Good luck finding them. I haven't seen one below MSRP yet, let alone had the opportunity to handle one.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 07-31-2012, 02:38 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5797 Times on 3027 Posts
Likes Given: 397

My local lgs has one in stock. Wasnt too impressed with it. Very heavy trigger pull grip was way too slim for me. They removed the cocked indicator off the rear of the gun.

I would have a hard time keeping it from twisting in my hand. 5+1 capacity is a nogo on top of the rest. There is a point at which too small becomes an issue and the xds hits that square for me. The slide is still the same width add a holster and xds xdm xd glock m&p arent fun to carry iwb.

After handling one i wont get one even if they come out with a short 7 round mag for it. Its still got the fat slide but a small grip. If i carry iwb its my colt new agent.

Just my opinion.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-01-2012, 12:07 AM   #4

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

I have had one for the past three weeks. 220 rounds with only one fte in the first 25. Has a little bit of a bite when shooting, at least for this 70 yr old but tolerable. Even using the included holster, it easily conceals and will be even better when my new High Country (high ride) from R Grizzle Leather arrives. For me it is a keeper and will be carried almost exclusively instead of my MK40 elite.

"Honey, can I buy another gun?" "Why another gun?" "I just figured out that I am two guns short of never enough!"

Old 08-25-2012, 03:08 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 52

First of all which XD45 model are you looking at?

I have the 4" Compact and Service model and love the way they feel and shoot. Took me a little while to get used to the heavier trigger pull on my XD, I was used to carrying my SIG P229 or my Colt 1911.

I have not have had a problem concealing either one of them. I use a Milt Sparks VM-II for IWB and a Galco FLETCH holster.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:46 AM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

XD-45. good gun, slightly larger then XD40. Full size is nice. .
FYI - shoots reloads very nice, my reloads are 5.5 gr HP-38 200gr ball TMJ.I juts did 500 for a buddy running the XD-45

45 Junkie

Old 08-29-2012, 01:25 PM   #7

Liked 19 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I have the XDs and really like it so far! Trigger is very nice for a factory trigger. It is no worse than Glock. Reset is possibly a hair shorter as well. Trigger right out of the box is better than my PPS which has at least 800 rounds through it. I'm using a Harwell IWB holster. Fits really well. I needed to heat it up some and loosen the retention, but that was easy. This one to be exact with the speed cut:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Springfield-XD-S-XDs-45-IWB-Hybrid-Leather-Kydex-Holster-Speed-Grip-Natural-Tan-/251129377816?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a787a 3418

It is very nice to shoot for such a small .45. I have since swapped out my EDC PPS 9mm for the XDs. Recoil is plenty managable, follow up shots were on target at your average "engagement" distances. Please see my thread for some photos compared to the PPS as well as some info on my range trip with it.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/springfield-xds-photoshoot-70285/

What do I shoot with? Canon gear of course

Last edited by jamesb; 08-29-2012 at 01:30 PM.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:19 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 50 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesb View Post
I have the XDs and really like it so far! Trigger is very nice for a factory trigger. It is no worse than Glock. Reset is possibly a hair shorter as well. Trigger right out of the box is better than my PPS which has at least 800 rounds through it. I'm using a Harwell IWB holster. Fits really well. I needed to heat it up some and loosen the retention, but that was easy. This one to be exact with the speed cut:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Springfield-XD-S-XDs-45-IWB-Hybrid-Leather-Kydex-Holster-Speed-Grip-Natural-Tan-/251129377816?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a787a 3418

It is very nice to shoot for such a small .45. I have since swapped out my EDC PPS 9mm for the XDs. Recoil is plenty managable, follow up shots were on target at your average "engagement" distances. Please see my thread for some photos compared to the PPS as well as some info on my range trip with it.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/springfield-xds-photoshoot-70285/
I have both guns as well. I almost think the xds is easier to handle than the PPS. I really like this pistol.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:56 AM   #9

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
They removed the cocked indicator off the rear of the gun.
Good, I don't even understand that thing. How could the chamber be loaded and the striker NOT be cocked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
I would have a hard time keeping it from twisting in my hand. 5+1 capacity is a nogo on top of the rest. There is a point at which too small becomes an issue and the xds hits that square for me.
My Kahr PM45 has the exact same measurements as this XDs and I love carrying it. The 5+1 is a little small, but it is still one more than a snubbie PLUS it is 45acp!

My Kahr's 3" barrel is a little short in that it is VERY flashy. It is my only pistol that I am distinctly aware of the flash when I fire it. But it doesn't recoil any more than my Colt New Agent did.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 08-30-2012, 12:58 AM   #10

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuss View Post
Does anybody have any input on the XDs .45? I am looking for a new concealed carry weapon, also if anybody has any experience carrying the XDs what holsters do you use? I have only read about these, I haven't gotten around to getting my hands on one yet.
Hi Zeuss. Here's a half hour review video on the new very small Springfield Armory 45ACP sub-compact. Single stack, 5 round mag. It looks like a mighty fine gun. My local Gander Mountain has them occasionally. There are other youtube vids on this model. Just do a search at youtube.

Enjoy,

Don <><

John 14:6 I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Last edited by genesis; 08-30-2012 at 01:09 AM.