Would you open carry if you could? - Page 18
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Would you open carry if you could?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2010, 02:41 AM   #171
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiana View Post
In the state of Indiana you have the right to open carry but most people don't for a variety of reasons. On the Indiana forum I belong to we have some fierce debates over this subject. I am of the opinion why make people uncomfortable by walking around the local mall with a Glock strapped to your side because you can. It makes the non gun people uncomfortable and we can CC and get the same results of personal protection if it is ever needed. I know a lot of states do not allow for outside carry and I was wondering how many forum members open carry right now where it is allowed and how many would if it was allowed in your state?
I have a concealed weapons permit i had it for over 25 years. I never understood why people who apply for one want to carry their weapon out in the open. Me i carry my handgun concealed thats why i got it. I don't want to advertise i'm carrying. You only looking for trouble when you do.

Old 07-23-2010, 03:17 AM   #172

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

It is amazing to me that this thread is still going on. I thought that this topic has long since been debated and berated. I suppose dead horses need love, too.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 07-23-2010, 03:31 AM   #173

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
... dead horses need love, too.
Unlike concealed or loaded carry, that IS legal in Kalifornia.

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields

Old 07-24-2010, 05:11 PM   #174

in tennessee you can open carry with a carry permit, and people always just assume that you are a police officer or something. i haven't seen many people do it, it would make me uncomforatable, so i keep mine concealed. it is our right to carry how we choose. now as far as carrying an ak or something is illegal, and if i see you with one in a mall of something, i would be very ready to call the police and draw my weapon. the only thing i want them to see is an exit wound though.

Old 07-24-2010, 05:52 PM   #175

the only thing i want them to see is an exit wound though.[/QUOTE]

Shooting them in the back are you????

e fluctibus irruit in hostem

Comsubin for ever!!!!

Old 07-24-2010, 06:27 PM   #176

Quote:
Originally Posted by comsubin61 View Post
the only thing i want them to see is an exit wound though.
Shooting them in the back are you????[/QUOTE]
i think you are taking that a little too literally, but to save the life of my family or someone else... absolutaly, this isn't the gun fight at OK coral where i call him outside and we quick draw our weapons, it's protecting innocent lives. he's got and AK, i got a .38 revolver.....yea i just shoot him first, where ever it may be.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:02 PM   #177

Default No open carry for me

It would deny me the advantage of the concealment, i would probably draw the wrong attention, it would make me target of prejudice and by the way, all the attacks are coming on my 6.

Not fun.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:15 PM   #178

Default maybe not.....

Im from cincinnati and, i wouldnt think to open carry. To me it seems to be showing off, and that could lead to some unwanted drama. I would say though that OC could play a deterent role;I like CC better just because of the surprize factor if one was to test me

Old 07-27-2010, 01:31 AM   #179

Buddy when I first started carrying, I carried OWB because I wanted it to be known. But like already mentioned, there's too many people that look at you like you are doing something wrong. Yes it's more accessable and more comfortable for me, but I sold that larger gun the holster and the accessories that went with it. I now have the right to open carry, in TN, but choose not to simly keep down the hassles. No the police can't do anything to you, if you walts into the marathon or pilot while an officer is in there, he'll be pulling his on you before you get in the door good because noone here does that. That could make you late coming back from lunch break. Plus I'm not comfortable staring down the muzzle of a 40, I mean that is why I carry in the first place. I can have my 357 out of my IWB and on you as quick as you can pull from OWB. That's not to mention that if a BG pops in to 7-11, you WILL be his first target because he will know you have that attatchment to your hip while I'm sneaking two muzzles into his direction. IMHO DON'T DO IT!!!!

Old 07-27-2010, 03:24 AM   #180

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanDJ77 View Post
Im from cincinnati and, i wouldnt think to open carry. To me it seems to be showing off, and that could lead to some unwanted drama. I would say though that OC could play a deterent role;I like CC better just because of the surprize factor if one was to test me
I grew up in Cincinnati, and If I remember right you can OC there but I'm sure you would be stopped by police pretty quick. Many LEO up there don't like civilians carrying firearms at all up there.

Funny story..., I was accused of trying to hide from an officer because I changed shoulders while leaning against a phone stand..Not a booth. A pole with a phone bolted to it. It was the mid-late 80's and I needed to make a call. I didn't even see him go by but I did hear the squealing tires as the officer U-turned in the middle of the road. Craziest time ever when talking to police. I mean..It was day time and everything. How do you hide at a phone stand that was right by the road?? The young woman I was talking to was cracking up while I'm talking to this LEO. I asked him if there was a certain way I was supposed to stand at a phone stand so police could see me properly. I knew several other officers form that area. They cracked up when I told them about it too. I think that poor guy got ribbed for that for quite a while.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by DrumJunkie; 07-27-2010 at 03:26 AM. Reason: Spelling..what else!!??!!?? ^_^