Would you guys carry at work if getting caught would get you fired? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Would you guys carry at work if getting caught would get you fired?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2011, 12:42 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post
...I expect while geting fired for not following company policy, your employer may also have you charge with bringing a firearm into a no firearm allowed business and end your ability to ever carry a consealed firearm again and possibly end your ability to own a firearm in the future. As much as I would like to carry everywhere I go but I have to play by the rules to keep the right to carry/own a firearm.
A couple of really good points there.

Consequences of carrying a firearm where you are not supposed to would most likely have more consequences than just being sacked.

You could also conceivably do jail time on top of loss of job, CCW and firearm.

And that's just if they catch you with it. Gods forfend if you were to end up in a position where you had to produce and use it at work (or even somewhere that basic logic would reveal you were carrying it at work, such as in the car park on your way from the building to the car).

It'd suck big time to lose your freedom, livelihood and your right to carry a firearm for personal defence most places, just because some co-worker notices you're carrying.

Of course, as has been said, it's a personal call based on how you perceive the risks compared with the value you place on being able to defend your life.

While being sacked may be minor compared with your life, losing all chance of being able to defend your own life ever again could well be a lot more serious, as could being incarcerated and the myriad consequences that has on your life, future job prospects and ability to hold a firearms licence or CCW - "YMMV" on this one.

Personally, I wouldn't risk it - or do anything else that would seriously impact what few rights I have to access firearms (New Zealand Law's pretty constricting).

Old 04-21-2011, 09:06 PM   #42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default carry at work if prohibited?

I'll take the fifth on the second!!! Thanks