Would you carry a revolver? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Would you carry a revolver?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2008, 04:39 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

If I have to close another thread, further actions will be taken. Please keep it civil guys.

Old 03-01-2008, 08:34 PM   #22

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

What ever you carry, first, practice, practice, practice, and second, make sure that you can depend on it. I have seen people settle for lesser firearms because of price and ultimately have them jamb or mis-fire.

Old 03-03-2008, 12:13 AM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter Joe View Post
What ever you carry, first, practice, practice, practice, and second, make sure that you can depend on it. I have seen people settle for lesser firearms because of price and ultimately have them jamb or mis-fire.
I agree hunter Joe.

Old 03-03-2008, 08:48 AM   #24

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom the roofer View Post
I didn't take offense to anything you said Defender. I thought they were good points. Actually, I'm new to CCW so I like opinions. Everybody has one you know

The most important thing I have learned to date about CCW is the strong preferance people have on their own and their family's personal defense. I'm still learning my preferance. Thats why I ordered my PX4-Storm 45 ACP

Robocop10mm, your opinions are great too so thanks man.
I know you weren't offended, Tom. My previous post wasn't directed at you in any way.

You're open-minded and seeking information, which is a good thing. I certainly don't expect you to just listen to my opinions.

Absorb the information presented from both sides, then make your decision. If your decision doesn't agree with mine, I won't think any less of you.

Old 03-03-2008, 02:50 PM   #25

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defender View Post
Small revolvers are OK as a backup gun, Tom.

However, don't bet the lives of you and your loved ones on things like average number of shots fired and hopes of a "one shot stop".

With a .38, you have about a 50% chance of a one shot stop on a perp.

You're also assuming that there will be only one attacker. If there are multiple armed assailants, that average of three is out the window. Keep carrying those speedloaders!
A point well taken Defender. I've decided to carry my new .45 PX4-storm full time. I carry my FS92 at times so the PX4 will be much easier. I'm 6'2" at 250 so these pistols fit my frame just fine.

I'll carry my S&W 5 shot snub nose 38 or my 2 Tomcats for back up depending on my dress requirements.

I have one of the Sigma-Arms 3/4 length concealed carry coats. It is definately a bad to the bone carry coat. Warm too. Backup guns will be on my person in various areas as I have many options.

BTW I would carry a revolver as the main ccw in a larger caliber and maybe a 7 shot but I don't have one lol. YET

Tom

Last edited by Tom the roofer; 03-03-2008 at 02:52 PM.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:29 AM   #26

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom the roofer View Post
A point well taken Defender. I've decided to carry my new .45 PX4-storm full time. I carry my FS92 at times so the PX4 will be much easier. I'm 6'2" at 250 so these pistols fit my frame just fine. I'll carry my S&W 5 shot snub nose 38 or my 2 Tomcats for back up depending on my dress requirements.
Good choices on your part, Tom. Semi-auto as your primary, revolver as your backup. Exactly as it should be.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:41 AM   #27

Default Yes !!!!

Revolvers are without a doubt the most reliable gun you can carry.

Old 04-13-2008, 05:57 AM   #28

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Really considering a 638 right now...

Old 04-13-2008, 08:59 PM   #29

I think it fair to say it depends on where I am at the time..... At home in France I do not feel the need to carry a firearm so the question does not arise, if I am working abroad depends where, in East Africa for example I will carry a 9mm GP35 or a CZ75B, whilst not in country, and for off duty or social engagements I would be quite happy to carry a .38 spl. or a 32acp pocket rocket...... Humping a multi stack 9mm or heavy large frame 24/7 just for the sake of 'carrying' I find a pain in the arse.

Well in short I would say that I feel comfortable and confident with a revolver, they are reliable with a good choice of type of ammunition.

Old 04-13-2008, 10:16 PM   #30

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3488 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmint_hunter View Post
Having a debate a work about 6 rounds not being enough.

Thoughts?
I carry a 4.25 inch 1911 - so I don't have but 7 rounds, 8 with one in the pipe, and I feel PLENTY comfortable carrying in any environment. I would carry a revolver, but John Browning created two of the best auto pistol platforms in the history of man, so why would I compromise the man I have so much respect and trust in?

In truth, a well crafted revolver will go bang EVERY time, and if you don't train regularly, it's a really good choice. It would take a ton of pressure to "set off" a revolver in your holster or a purse, it's reliable, it's convenient ( just point and pull ) plus you can get a decent size and weight weapon that launches hellacious rounds that will do a lot of damage.

Let me ask you this, if you were coming at someone with intent, you had a knife or a club or even a stolen handgun, if the person you intend to do harm too suddenly produces a gaping hole of a barrel pointed in your direction, are you REALLY thinking about finishing the task at hand, or getting the "F" out of harm's way?

Anything is better than nothing. Even the metal flag from a mailbox or an antenna from a nearby car in the event of short range H to H unarmed combat.

The human body is a remarkable design, but it is very susceptable to damage, so anything you can do to prevent that is better than not doing anything.