Wont be going there anymore.. - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Wont be going there anymore..

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2012, 07:08 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Can't believe that thing is still going around Although I do commend Starbucks for not caving in and allowing gun owners to carry in their establishments.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:20 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

I do not really like Starbucks anyway and especially since there decision to not to allow ccw citizens in there establishments but this rumor was not and is still not true.. This rumor dates back to 04 i believe.

http://news.starbucks.com/about+starbucks/myths+facts/militarydonations.htm

I just read some things on the starbucks website and all I found was that they do not permit open carry in there stores , didn't say anything about ccw .. Does anyone have more insight on this ???

Last edited by ktmboyz; 07-05-2012 at 07:25 PM.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:37 PM   #13
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2662 Times on 1451 Posts
Likes Given: 762

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmboyz View Post
I do not really like Starbucks anyway and especially since there decision to not to allow ccw citizens in there establishments but this rumor was not and is still not true.. This rumor dates back to 04 i believe.

I just read some things on the starbucks website and all I found was that they do not permit open carry in there stores , didn't say anything about ccw .. Does anyone have more insight on this ???
Starbucks allows ccw where it is legal. They refused to cave in to anti gun demands when they boycotted Starbucks. I and several others I know went to Starbucks on the day of the boycott and let them know we appreciate their stand.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I was taught to respect my elders but they are getting harder to find.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:42 PM   #14

Liked 210 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmboyz

They allow open carry too, last I checked.

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 07-05-2012, 07:53 PM   #15

Liked 9209 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I don't remember the exact thread, but it involved people OCing at starbucks on valentine's day, to counter protest anti gunner's boycotts. I mentioned in that thread the very subject brought up in the OP here, about Starbucks basically disowning America's bravest.

Another member asked me if I knew it to be "fact or crap" basically. So I did a little digging...

And I found it to be crap. Of course, without speaking to the CEO of starbucks and/or the troop that SUPPOSEDLY wrote the letter to starbucks, no one can be absolutely 100% certain.

But all of the stories, articles, discussion and so on that I've been able to find have all pointed to it being a simple antagonistic smear campaign by a disgruntled former employee or customer. I could not find the least bit of evidence supporting this claim that they have turned their backs on America's troops.

If I enjoyed paying $6 for a cup of coffee, that I could make better at home for mere pennies, I would be sitting in Starbucks right now instead of at the local library with my thermos.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:55 PM   #16

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

I know when I was in the Sandbox we has a $HITLOAD of Starbucks coffee running around.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 07-05-2012, 08:20 PM   #17

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I don't remember the exact thread, but it involved people OCing at starbucks on valentine's day, to counter protest anti gunner's boycotts. I mentioned in that thread the very subject brought up in the OP here, about Starbucks basically disowning America's bravest.

Another member asked me if I knew it to be "fact or crap" basically. So I did a little digging...

And I found it to be crap. Of course, without speaking to the CEO of starbucks and/or the troop that SUPPOSEDLY wrote the letter to starbucks, no one can be absolutely 100% certain.

But all of the stories, articles, discussion and so on that I've been able to find have all pointed to it being a simple antagonistic smear campaign by a disgruntled former employee or customer. I could not find the least bit of evidence supporting this claim that they have turned their backs on America's troops.

Quote:
If I enjoyed paying $6 for a cup of coffee, that I could make better at home for mere pennies, I would be sitting in Starbucks right now instead of at the local library with my thermos.
Amen to that

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 07-05-2012, 08:21 PM   #18
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6472 Times on 3438 Posts
Likes Given: 483

Trolling.

Plus its a political topic. Has no business in the ccw subforum

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Closed Thread