Women only!!! What are you concealing?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Women only!!! What are you concealing?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 03:40 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default Women only!!! What are you concealing?

I need help narrowing my options on handguns for my first CC. I want to know what other women have PICKED themselves for CC and why it worked for them. How do you conceal it? How did you know that this was the right way for you?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-19-2012, 03:43 PM   #2
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7338 Times on 4415 Posts
Likes Given: 9052

Well, I wish I could help you but I live in Illinois.

But I do have a Sig P238 that I like very much. Nice weight, feels solid, external safety (which some don't like but I do), small, really nice trigger. I carry it around the house and property in a Remora holster either IWB or in my front, right pocket.

But you might take the advice of someone who carries all day doing routine activities.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:12 PM   #3

Liked 265 Times on 210 Posts
Likes Given: 27

I have 2 married girls and my wife. Do you have experence with handguns allready. I stayed out of the choices but helped get them a bunch to try and handle and hit all the big guns shops. My wife just picked a taurus tcp380. My youngest picked a bersa 380CC but just claimed my other tcp 380 and oldest girl has a charter arms ultra lite 38sp+P revolver .

Two ladys we know cc, one has a glock 26 and the other a to big for her to cc, m&p9 and is looking for something smaller. An X wife of a hunting buddy carries a glock 29, 10mm as her CC. She is a small tough lady that works on a dairy farm and is in charge of calfing. She is tougher that most men I know and allways has been.

All you can do is handle ever one you get a chance to. Keep notes on the ones you like and any time someone offers one for you to shoot, jump at the chance and again keep notes. It depends on your life style and how you dress, your size to a point and how you handle recoil from some of the lighter snappier pistols as to what works for you.

You need something to cc for ever hour your out of the house. Even borrow what you can with holster just to try out around the house if only for wieght of pistol and position to cc even if you don't like it. Let friends tell you what they think about how well you hide your handgun. You may find a limit for size and weight quickly to help define your choices. Keep notes!!. You may find some people change the way they dress just to conceal every one they know see's the difference right away and others never change and still CC well.

If your near some shooting ranges or gunstore many now have female RO's / instructors . Talk to them too. See if you have a state or regional handgun forum and find people near by for try outs with firearms. Many shooters will let a strange shoot there firearms . Good luck picking your handgun. Hope something a said helps!

Old 11-19-2012, 09:18 PM   #4
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 779 Times on 572 Posts
Likes Given: 227

My wife has a S&W model 36. 5 shot wheel gun. No buttons to push, no malfunctions to deal with.

"...from my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston & NRA
"He which hath no stomach to this fight,/ Let him depart." Henry V

Old 11-19-2012, 09:26 PM   #5

Liked 2613 Times on 1180 Posts
Likes Given: 2532

I'm not a girl but please don't carry it in your purse. That's the first thing dirtbags try to steal.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:58 PM   #6

Liked 134 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 43

My wife uses a belly band holster a lot. Her job requires office attire so jeans are out of the question. She carries a SP101, a P-11, she even snags my P-3AT. I am a large framed man but an ace bandage might work for you. I just leave the pistol in a IWB holster and wrap an ace bandage around my waist. I have yet to meet a pistol I can't conceal.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 11-19-2012, 10:10 PM   #7
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2602 Times on 1270 Posts
Likes Given: 1299

Sorry Grizzly Gurl!

I ain't no WOOOOOMANS!
But my wife carries a Browning BDA in 380 Cal. She also has a purse with a hidden compartment.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 11-19-2012, 10:11 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1817 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I usually carry a Keltec P3AT. It's a .380. I just toss it in my front pocket because my jeans fit well and it doesn't move. I sometimes carry my Ruger SR22 with a Blackhawk IWB holster. I can also put my 1911 in the small of my back.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:41 PM   #9
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7338 Times on 4415 Posts
Likes Given: 9052

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25-5 View Post
My wife has a S&W model 36. 5 shot wheel gun. No buttons to push, no malfunctions to deal with.
I agree here. Male or female, there's no semi-auto more reliable than a revolver. My first gun was a revolver and it was a good "teacher" to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
I'm not a girl but please don't carry it in your purse. That's the first thing dirtbags try to steal.
I also discourage any woman from carrying in a purse for that very reason. Not only might it get stolen but I'd hate to open my purse to get my gun. Just takes too much time and the BG will probably know exactly what you're doing.

Old 11-20-2012, 01:21 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 898 Times on 547 Posts
Likes Given: 202

SWMBO has twice as many firearms as I do, and three times as many carry firearms.
Her first choice is the Bersa .380. Her oldest and previous 2nd choice was the XDMc-9. Third choice (until I made her shoot it at the range) was the LCP. Her latest is a .38 spl she got for her BD. Not sure where that will fall into the order.

Carry, 90% of the time it's tucked IWB with a large T-Shirt or sweatshirt over it. Purse or man purse the rest of the time. The LCP would make it occasionally into her pocket.