women concealing guns
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > women concealing guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 01:36 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default women concealing guns

Any ladies out there who have good suggestions of where to carry other than purse?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-20-2013, 01:44 AM   #2

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

The one that attaches to the bra works well and can be very hidden depending on how big a woman is up top. Youll find you have to dress around your weapon a little bit

Old 01-20-2013, 01:45 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 897 Times on 546 Posts
Likes Given: 202

and her other videos

Old 01-20-2013, 01:48 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1846 Times on 1264 Posts
Likes Given: 673

My wife carries all of the time. Her favorite way to carry is with a belly band holster. If you search the net there are some great articles on the best way for a woman to carry and still dress like a lady.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 01-20-2013, 01:50 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 897 Times on 546 Posts
Likes Given: 202

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/ccm-columns/features/concealed-carry-for-the-petite-woman/

Old 01-21-2013, 03:35 AM   #6

Thx for all the suggestions. I am looking @buying my first piece, and since I can only afford one rt now, I'm looking @ maybe a S&W ladysmith revolver. Guess I will just have to wait & see how it fits on me b4 I see which holster to go with. Also considering buying a taser / stun gun to use for places where I cannot carry a CC on to the property, such as my wk place. Trying to research for the best stun gun too, if anyone has any suggestions.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #7

Liked 1778 Times on 919 Posts
Likes Given: 1353

Quote:
Originally Posted by plrgrits View Post
Thx for all the suggestions. I am looking @buying my first piece, and since I can only afford one rt now, I'm looking @ maybe a S&W ladysmith revolver. Guess I will just have to wait & see how it fits on me b4 I see which holster to go with. Also considering buying a taser / stun gun to use for places where I cannot carry a CC on to the property, such as my wk place. Trying to research for the best stun gun too, if anyone has any suggestions.
Do you have any handgun experience? I thought I was going to get a small 9mm like a Kahr. Then I shot a bunch of different handguns at my NRA Basic Pistol Course. I found I couldn't really hold on to small pistols or revolvers well after the first shot. I didn't do well with 1911 double action triggers either. I went with a Glock 19. The point is shooting different pistols may change you mind.

Although I don't carry, I'll offer my limited personal experience with holsters:

The Versaclip (http://www.versacarry.com/), and probably other minimal 'holsters', held the gun just fine, but didn’t readily release the pistol when I drew it. Instead I tended to pull my skirt & pants up quite a bit before the pistol is released. The outside waist band (OWB) holster that you thread the belt through does pretty much the same thing. If the holster is securely attached to you clothes, you’ll pull your clothes when drawing.

I also have an N8 holster (http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2012/05/04/n8-squared-tactical-holsters/) that also clips to the belt, but it’s an inside the waist band (IWB) holster. It has a lot of area that lies against my skin. It doesn't move when I draw. It’s really held in place by the friction against my skin, not my clothes. I imagine the other IWB holsters that have a backing laying against your skin work the same way. If the holster is securely ‘attached’ to your body, the pistol will draw more easily.

All that said; if things get to the point where I feel a need to carry. I think I’ll just start wearing pants with cargo pockets.

Why don’t you ask some of the women on your police force how they carry?

Last edited by Vincine; 01-21-2013 at 04:09 PM.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:06 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 208 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Head over here and do a little reading. Kathy has been at this
for a while, and has some good advise.

http://www.corneredcat.com/contents/

Old 01-22-2013, 03:10 AM   #9

Liked 27 Times on 10 Posts

Check out MrMrsAuthority on YouTube she does OOTD (outfit of the day) vids. She does great holster reviews and has great ideas

Old 01-22-2013, 03:25 AM   #10
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3373 Times on 1879 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by plrgrits View Post
Vincine gave you some good advice as far as finding a gun. Go to a range that rents them and try out as many as they'll let you. Figure out what caliber you are most accurate with/prefer and then find a gun in that caliber that fits your needs and is comfortable for you to shoot. I like 9mm I have a little 9mm Sig 938, I am accurate and comfortable shooting it after taking it to the range a couple of times and I enjoy shooting it so I will continue to practice and improve. I carry iwb small of back, when I get it back I'm considering trying to carry it on my right hip iwb and seeing how that feels, but I've tried multiple things, it all just depends on what works for you. I have considered finding a bra holster. I wear a thigh holster when I wear a skirt. Also, like someone said you have to try to dress AROUND your gun sometimes. Maybe make a few adjustments to your wardrobe as well as finding a comfortable way to carry.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.