Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > womans gun.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2012, 01:13 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

There are a ton of good guns out there. Most important is what feels good to you and is comfortable in your hands.

If i had to vote i would go with the Ruger SR9c. Thats is what i have and carry and my wife loves it to carry also. She can shoot it very good and comfortable in her hands. She is going with a revolver for herself because we already have the ruger , or she would have probably gotten one for herself. Sometimes i wouldnt mind her getting her own. So she doesnt keep taking mine...lol

Old 03-04-2012, 01:39 AM   #32
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1251 Times on 706 Posts
Likes Given: 441

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybor_2099 View Post
There are a ton of good guns out there. Most important is what feels good to you and is comfortable in your hands.

If i had to vote i would go with the Ruger SR9c. Thats is what i have and carry and my wife loves it to carry also. She can shoot it very good and comfortable in her hands. She is going with a revolver for herself because we already have the ruger , or she would have probably gotten one for herself. Sometimes i wouldnt mind her getting her own. So she doesnt keep taking mine...lol
One of the reasons I got mine is so we would have matching guns. No question on operation, ammo, fit and magazine exchange. A lot of police departments only allow issued firearms for the same reason. My preferred carry is a G36 but the recoil is too much for her so the SR's are kept available in different but handy locations.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
If things get better with age, I am approaching magnificent.
You are either pro gun or pro crime.

Old 03-04-2012, 05:38 AM   #33

Liked 21 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake

HotMama bet you haven't racked the slide on a 460 Rowland 1911 with the 24# recoil spring have ya?
I have yet to have one in my hands but if I do I'll let you know if I can rack it or not

Old 03-04-2012, 09:37 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ
One of the reasons I got mine is so we would have matching guns. No question on operation, ammo, fit and magazine exchange. A lot of police departments only allow issued firearms for the same reason. My preferred carry is a G36 but the recoil is too much for her so the SR's are kept available in different but handy locations.
And theres nothing wrong with that either. Having matching guns that is. Just not for me. Me and my wife like a variety of guns.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:15 PM   #35

hey, thanks for the input. we went to academy to see what they had and we looked at the SR-40, the slide was a lil much anybody know if the springs would loosen after a few rounds? or does the SR-9 have much less tension?
also we are going to the range this weekend. (i hope targetmaster has taurus its what she was looking at most)
and she really liked the new taurus .380 with double-stack 12rd mags anyone have any experience with these? (was nice but it bieng fairly new i didnt know much about it and the mag release was a little stiff but not a big problem. would this loosen up after some use?
the beretta px4 compact was a little thick, but she liked the idea of it bieng .40 (i loved the feel of it)
we also looked at the xdm it was very nice im not sure what she thought of it bieng 550 but its worth every penny im sure..
opinions? toughts? answers? please share

Old 03-11-2012, 04:48 AM   #36

we went to the range today and after trying out a bit of handguns for about 4 hours she had two hanguns in mind SR9 or compact storm in 9 para.

after going to academy we looked for the ruger 1st but they only had the SR-40 so we decided on the beretta px4 storm compact in 9mm because she didn't shoot it(SR40)

i would have to say after trying this gun out i really liked it myself it has good grip, good safety, good sights, shoots perfect, good quality, good trigger for a DA/SA very smooth and light.

it doesn't have much "snap" in its recoil it mostly goes up.. BUT it goes back down quickly, and aligned right on target. overall i think this was/is a WIN

any opinions, tips, thoughts, comments, would and will be greatly appriciated
thanks all for contributing your thoughs, suggestions, etc. -assain618