wish ccw would learn the law befor they carry wrong and get into trouble
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

wish ccw would learn the law befor they carry wrong and get into trouble

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2012, 11:33 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 65 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default wish ccw would learn the law befor they carry wrong and get into trouble

once again i ran into a firend with a brand new ccw that was accidently brakeing the law because they went for the easy minum class before getting their ccw. this exampial is in va my firent had a loaded keltec sub 2000. only problem a sub 2000 is a carbine (long gun) in va a ccw says "permit to carry a handgun" its alod ileagle to transport a loaded long gun in va. totaly thaut he was in the right. good thing he ran into me and not the state police for the love of god get some training befor you start carring a gun around you dont want to end up in prison because you had your gun with you when you shouldend have

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-24-2012, 11:47 PM   #2

Liked 431 Times on 278 Posts
Likes Given: 1590

is a long gun consideed loaded if the chmaber is empty if there is a mag in the gun?
What about OC of long guns in VA?

In an Katrina type situation could one OC a loaded long gun?

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

EVERY DAY MEN WHO WILL FOLLOW ORDERS TO KILL YOU, EXERCISE. DO YOU?

Old 12-25-2012, 12:36 AM   #3

depends on the mood of the officer un loaded means mags empty and no round in guns some will look the other way if the mag is loaded and not attached to the gun main reason for law is from a state trooper getting killed whial working a truck fire and a loaded rifle in the truck went off from the heat of the fire striking the officer a one in a millon shot but a loaded handgun is totaly okay here thow go figger i believe va isent the only state that has laws restricting transporting a loaded long guns, expeciley during hunting season

Old 12-25-2012, 12:41 AM   #4

Liked 431 Times on 278 Posts
Likes Given: 1590

Hmm

I eed ot research this more.

a round will only "cook off" like that in the chamber.
a non chambered round will fizzle out and not form a high speed projectile. the bullet just "pops" out.

Who passed a law based on a single incident??
There is no statistical soignificance in that?

Oh, wait, I forgot.. our system allow morons to get elected by their fellow morons.
There should be an IQ test and a minimum passing score for being allowed to vote.

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

EVERY DAY MEN WHO WILL FOLLOW ORDERS TO KILL YOU, EXERCISE. DO YOU?

Old 12-25-2012, 12:43 AM   #5

open carry of long gun in va in a nut shell no but that depends from county to county and city to city but its a safe bet to say no no no
from the state police
This section empowers the governing body of any county or city to, by ordinance, make it unlawful for any person to transport, possess or carry a loaded shotgun or loaded rifle in any vehicle on any public street, road, or highway within such locality. Any violation of such ordinance shall be punishable by a fine of not more than $100. Game wardens, sheriffs and all other law-enforcement officers shall enforce theprovisions of this section. No ordinance adopted pursuant to this section shall be enforceable unless the governing body adopting such ordinance so notifies the Director of the Department of Game and Inland Fisheries by registered mail prior to May 1 of the year in which such ordinance is to take effect. The provisions of this section shall not apply to duly authorized law-enforcement officers or military personnel in the performance of their lawful duties, nor to any person who reasonably believes that a loaded rifleor shotgun is necessary for his personal safety in the course of his employment or business.

Old 12-25-2012, 12:49 AM   #6

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

What state are you guys from?? Here in Texas we carry loaded all the time, shotgun, rifle hand gun with A round in the pipe all the time. Kinda dumb to have & not have one down the pipe if you ask me. It is legal to walk down the street with A loaded long gun down here or at least it use to be, may have to check the law to see if this has changed. wish ccw would learn the law befor they carry wrong and get into trouble - Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection

Old 12-25-2012, 12:51 AM   #7

Liked 3319 Times on 1493 Posts
Likes Given: 3056

The problem isn't with your friend the problem is lawmakers and LE don't understand what "shall not be infringed" means. Your anger is misplaced.
People Like This 
Old 12-25-2012, 12:54 AM   #8

in my case it virginia im in the countys part guns arent a big deal around here but up north by dc walking down the street with a shot gun will get swatt called out

still not that bad we do have shall issue ccw of hand gund , no regerastion of hand guns or long guns. no mag limits and you can buy as maney as you want

Last edited by robertusa123; 12-25-2012 at 01:01 AM.

Old 12-25-2012, 01:00 AM   #9

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

robertusa123 -- I know what you mean, that is why we can't have any thing nice any more people just get paranoid over the least little thing these days.

wish ccw would learn the law befor they carry wrong and get into trouble - Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection

Old 12-25-2012, 01:34 AM   #10

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluez
Hmm

I eed ot research this more.

a round will only "cook off" like that in the chamber.
a non chambered round will fizzle out and not form a high speed projectile. the bullet just "pops" out.

Who passed a law based on a single incident??
There is no statistical soignificance in that?

Oh, wait, I forgot.. our system allow morons to get elected by their fellow morons.
There should be an IQ test and a minimum passing score for being allowed to vote.
That is BS- The brass becomes the projectile -
I've got the scar to prove it ---
axxe55 Likes This