You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Wisconsin New CCW Law ~ Q & A

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2011, 03:46 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1547 Times on 901 Posts
Likes Given: 2491

Something I have seen advertised in the gun magazines (publications) that has me wondering why anybody would buy them, unless they want to pretend to be a cop, is the gold and/or silver "badges" that say "CONCEALED WEAPON PERMIT".
Several years ago I was on a city bus in Indianapolis and there was some dumbass who didn't know how to act. An old guy pulled out one of those fake badges and "ordered" the clown to sit down and straighten up. The old guy's hands were trembling so much that nobody would ever believe he was a cop. The unruly guy made the old guy look like a total idiot for pertending to be a cop. The old guy got off the bus at the next stop, and the perp stayed on and continued to be a jerk.

Old 10-03-2011, 04:03 PM   #12

Liked 1040 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU
Something I have seen advertised in the gun magazines (publications) that has me wondering why anybody would buy them, unless they want to pretend to be a cop, is the gold and/or silver "badges" that say "CONCEALED WEAPON PERMIT".
Several years ago I was on a city bus in Indianapolis and there was some dumbass who didn't know how to act. An old guy pulled out one of those fake badges and "ordered" the clown to sit down and straighten up. The old guy's hands were trembling so much that nobody would ever believe he was a cop. The unruly guy made the old guy look like a total idiot for pertending to be a cop. The old guy got off the bus at the next stop, and the perp stayed on and continued to be a jerk.
IMO its all for the " HEY LOOK AT ME" effect. Ive known a couple of people like that in my time and they most generally get theirself in a dangerous or embarrassing situation for trying to be something their not. I had to deal with a guy one time that thought that since he had just gotten his CCP that he was in charge of policing the neighborhood edition that he lived in. The guy started riding a golfcart around and harrassing people for "speeding" and "suspicious activity" whenever i confronted him after receiving the call he tried to tell me "hey im one of you guys"...so i brought him back to reality by explaining to him that carrying a firearm+harrassment+intimidation= felony.. after that he dicided to stop.. Unfortunately there are people out there like that

Last edited by MrWray; 10-04-2011 at 01:47 AM.

Old 10-08-2011, 07:08 PM   #13

For about the first year or two, there will be a number of folks who 'violate' the rules, get arrested and lose their CCW permit. After that, folks get used to the rules and generally obey them without getting into any sort of trouble with LE. You always weed out most of the retards the first few years. That happens every ware and you cannot say this does not happen else ware. It does.

As for the those who want to go around pretending to be LE and inject themselves whenever they see or come across a "situation" or whenever they think some crime is being committed just because they are now going armed, they will get weeded out too. We have enough security guards doing just that around here. I see this crap all the time. They eventually get caught.

Two years ago I had a retard at Brookfield Square pull out a plastic Securitas badge with a fake looking Muskego biz card below it. I knew off the bat the badge and biz card was fake and I challenged him and his fake credentials. When I asked to inspect them, he then refused. I called him an imposter and by then, mall security arrived. Now I'm ex-LE, not current. As a citizen, there was nothing I could do. Per Wisconsin law, I could not detain this tard without risking a unlawful detainment charge if the tard decided to file a complaint against me. The mall security sure did not want to do anything because they believed they retard was real. The mall security dolts were idiots. So this guy got away with impersonation. All I could do was stop at Muskego PD and report what happened.

Hopefuly the problems will be few, but there will always be some retards who screw it up for everyone else.

__________________________________________________ _______

Wisconsin New CCW Law ~ Q & A - Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection

Old 10-08-2011, 07:19 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashcup
For about the first year or two, there will be a number of folks who 'violate' the rules, get arrested and lose their CCW permit. After that, folks get used to the rules and generally obey them without getting into any sort of trouble with LE. You always weed out most of the retards the first few years. That happens every ware and you cannot say this does not happen else ware. It does.

As for the those who want to go around pretending to be LE and inject themselves whenever they see or come across a "situation" or whenever they think some crime is being committed just because they are now going armed, they will get weeded out too. We have enough security guards doing just that around here. I see this crap all the time. They eventually get caught.

Two years ago I had a retard at Brookfield Square pull out a plastic Securitas badge with a fake looking Muskego biz card below it. I knew off the bat the badge and biz card was fake and I challenged him and his fake credentials. When I asked to inspect them, he then refused. I called him an imposter and by then, mall security arrived. Now I'm ex-LE, not current. As a citizen, there was nothing I could do. Per Wisconsin law, I could not detain this tard without risking a unlawful detainment charge if the tard decided to file a complaint against me. The mall security sure did not want to do anything because they believed they retard was real. The mall security dolts were idiots. So this guy got away with impersonation. All I could do was stop at Muskego PD and report what happened.

Hopefuly the problems will be few, but there will always be some retards who screw it up for everyone else.

__________________________________________________ _______
You are exactly right, there are more of these idiots out there than some people may think. Ive seen them first hand, i always laugh but reality they can be a danger to the rest of us.

Old 10-08-2011, 07:59 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
You are exactly right, there are more of these idiots out there than some people may think. Ive seen them first hand, i always laugh but reality they can be a danger to the rest of us.
Thats why I've been an advocate for a minimum of 10 hours of classroom and range (trigger time) training. I've always been for CCW in WI but I always worry about those folks who are untrained, inexperienced and in a given situation, they react the wrong way. Just because you own a firearm doesn't mean you can go around with a dangerous deadly weapon without at least SOME training and understanding of the law. Thats why it is very important that those folks who will be going CCW should read, reread and understand 939.48 (self defense & defense of others) before they go about there business armed. Those who have a real understanding of the law will not act like a retard endangering those around them. They'll have a better understanding how to react without injuring or killing some inocent bystander and not put themselves in trouble with the law.

Too often I hear from folks, "Its my right to carry when ever & where ever I want. I've owned a gun for years and I don't need any stink'in training." Well yes we have the right to go armed but its not always a good idea. I tell 'em, yea you also have the right to be an a$$hole to anyone but its not always a good idea.

Thats my 2 cents.... Wisconsin New CCW Law ~ Q & A - Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection

Last edited by Crashcup; 10-08-2011 at 08:12 PM.

Old 10-08-2011, 08:19 PM   #16
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7455 Times on 3974 Posts
Likes Given: 594

just because it would be a good idea for everyone to go through training doesnt mean it should be law. the constitution doesnt say right to bear arms only after 10 hours of training. its no different than requiring 10 hours of public speaking before your allowed to speak your mind in public...

it is NOT the same as driving a car. you have no right to drive a car. you have the right to go whever you want but the means to do so other than your own two feet arent gaurunteed.

when we start limiting a god given right like keeping and bearing arms or speech is the begining of the slippery slope to hell.

there is going to be the rare example of a retard doing omething stupid whether you require 500hours 10hours no training at all. its just not a good idea to restrict the ability of people to defend themselves because some idiot MIGHT do something stupid.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 10-08-2011, 08:31 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
just because it would be a good idea for everyone to go through training doesnt mean it should be law. the constitution doesnt say right to bear arms only after 10 hours of training. its no different than requiring 10 hours of public speaking before your allowed to speak your mind in public...

it is NOT the same as driving a car. you have no right to drive a car. you have the right to go whever you want but the means to do so other than your own two feet arent gaurunteed.

when we start limiting a god given right like keeping and bearing arms or speech is the begining of the slippery slope to hell.

there is going to be the rare example of a retard doing omething stupid whether you require 500hours 10hours no training at all. its just not a good idea to restrict the ability of people to defend themselves because some idiot MIGHT do something stupid.
And its retards like you who are going to screw it up for everyone else. You must be one of the know-it-all retards from the 'Open Carry' board.

Sorry dude, I don't need or want untrained, unqualified, inexperienced dildos out walking around in a crowded city with a deadly weapon without some minimal training and a full understanding of the law. I'll argue that point all fricking week with you and anyone else. Don't give me this god given right crapola. Most of your arguement here doesn't hold water.

Last edited by Crashcup; 10-08-2011 at 08:40 PM.

Old 10-10-2011, 03:47 AM   #18

american-iron_16.jpg

Always a good reference

Old 10-16-2011, 10:46 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Crashcup I see nothing in JonM's post to regard him as a retard! I agree you can have a 100hr's of training and there will always be some dumb a$$'s that think they are above and better cause they have the permit to carry.With you being a EX-LE you know the training they get, my wife work's for the sheriffs department and I know alot of the officer's witch most are great guy's but there are a few of them that THINK they are above and better than everyone else and I don't think they could take down a 1st grader without back up so you have the retard's in the profesional level also with how much training? And not everyone wants a permit cause they think their going to need to or might have to shoot to protect themself. I want it so I don't have to unload and case my revolver every time I get in my vehicle to check my traps at the next location. So how much training should I have? It's the responsebility of the person who want's a permit and for what purpose to get the training he or she needs but should and does have to prove they have been around firearms and firearm safety. Just my 2 cents for prematuraly calling someone a retard and am sure we all want this to work with out the real retards but know there will be some.

Old 10-16-2011, 11:03 PM   #20
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7455 Times on 3974 Posts
Likes Given: 594

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashcup View Post
And its retards like you who are going to screw it up for everyone else. You must be one of the know-it-all retards from the 'Open Carry' board.

Sorry dude, I don't need or want untrained, unqualified, inexperienced dildos out walking around in a crowded city with a deadly weapon without some minimal training and a full understanding of the law. I'll argue that point all fricking week with you and anyone else. Don't give me this god given right crapola. Most of your arguement here doesn't hold water.

you do realize i hope that the OTHER open carry/ccw no license states have ZERO "morons walking around shooting people..."

your whole premise is absurd and ridiculous. you seem to have no problem at all with untrained gang members walking around armed mugging raping and robbing peeps.

personal i side with the folks who prefer to have honest citizens armed than side with the likes of your type who wish to restrict the right of self defense.

oh yeah!!!! we ALREADY have untrained people walking around open carrying now!! hasnt been a single instance of any of them going postal on anyone. your whole premise is completely foolish
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Last edited by JonM; 10-16-2011 at 11:06 PM.