Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Wisconsin CCW passes!!!! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/wisconsin-ccw-passes-44187/)

JonM 06-22-2011 12:49 AM

Wisconsin CCW passes!!!!

bipartisan vote all ammendments voted down:
AYES - 68 NAYS - 27 NOT VOTING - 1 PAIRED - 2

9 democrats 1 indp 58 republicans YES
1 republican not voting (stone)
1 republican (pridemore) 26 democrats NO

goes before the governor who promised to sign it

Sniper03 06-22-2011 12:57 AM

Jon,

Congratas! To you and all the good folks of WI. Sounds like everyone needs to remember who voted for it in the next election. And remember those who did not. Isn't it amazing how most democrats vote against everything we stand for in America. And they still vote for the idiots. Oops! I am an independent did I say that! And proud to be a traditional American. But there will be a lot more of them hitting the dirt in 2012~ As they did in 2010!
God Bless America and Let's Take it Back!:D

JonM 06-22-2011 12:59 AM

thanks its about damn time. should take effect oct/nov depending on when the signing is.

i listened to 90% on the wisgov broadcast. there were 5 ammendments by the dems and there was a consistant 4-10 dems voting to toss out the dem ammendments LOL

the one non voting didnt vote because it was not a constitutional carry. he did vote to table all ammendments

fireguy 06-22-2011 01:01 AM

Congratulations to Wisconsin. Free at last. Just work hard to keep hold of it. The agitators will be up working hard for the next election cycle.

JonM 06-22-2011 01:36 AM

1/3 of the house dems and half the senate dems are pro-ccw so its unlikely there will ever be enough to repeal it. its a widely popular bill soon to be law that crosses both sides. the dems that voted no and the republican no are in real danger of losing their seats next election.

wisconsin is a wierd political state. 2 years ago the senate and house were strongly held by the dems ccw got passed the dem governor vetoed and it was one vote from overriding deciding vote was a rino repub who then lost his seat in the next primary he didnt even get a chance at re-election.

Gatoragn 06-22-2011 02:16 AM

CCW in WI

It is a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

I am curious how Sen. Lassa & Rep. Vruwink, the legislators for my area, voted?

JonM 06-22-2011 02:30 AM

vruwink yes WISCONSIN ASSEMBLY ROLL CALL

lassa yes Wisconsin Senate Roll Call

Gatoragn 06-22-2011 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 527238)

I will write them a note thanking them for their vote.

JonM 06-22-2011 02:36 AM

my count of aye and nay may be off i did it by hand with the wife asking me questions ill revise it if i find a better count im not gonna squint and count again lol

SwampDonkey 06-22-2011 03:27 AM

This is very good news. I have not been following the everything as close as I should have didnt really here about it until I join here. Anybody got details on the laws, permits that are involved. Thanks