Wisconsin castles

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Wisconsin castles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2011, 01:47 AM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5921 Times on 3092 Posts
Likes Given: 416

Default Wisconsin castles

first order of business come fall legislation term according to senator waangard is a strong castle doctrine along with stand your ground legislation also included will be legislation involving self protection vs mob assaults mainly in response to the race based mob attacks over the 4th of july in milwaukee.

FINALLY we have politicians reacting in the correct manner to violent thuggery!!!!!

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-12-2011, 03:12 PM   #2

It's nice to hear that they are going to work on some "castle" and "stand your ground". And there certainly should be something about self defense -vs- "wilding"...
But I don't think I could get myself to draw down on a thug while amidst such a large group of innocent bystanders. Taser? YES!!!

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual..."

--Rep. Suzanna Gratia Hupp (TX)

Old 07-12-2011, 03:30 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2oWerker View Post
It's nice to hear that they are going to work on some "castle" and "stand your ground". And there certainly should be something about self defense -vs- "wilding"...
But I don't think I could get myself to draw down on a thug while amidst such a large group of innocent bystanders. Taser? YES!!!
What if you were in danger of losing your weapon to him? What if it wasn't one, but multiples? What if you had your family with you?

Old 07-12-2011, 03:51 PM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Nice to see the HUGE turn around of WI. Gives me hope, not much, but its there.

Old 07-12-2011, 04:38 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPat
What if you were in danger of losing your weapon to him? What if it wasn't one, but multiples? What if you had your family with you?
There are a lot of "what ifs" in life and I was speaking directly about the mass violence incident here in Milwaukee over the 4th of July weekend. The park where that particular incident occurred is small, surrounded on 3 sides by residential homes, is not a bad neighborhood or a nice area, and had hundreds of people gathered to watch the fireworks display that evening. I personally wouldn't carry a firearm to such an event...I generally don't go to places where large numbers of people are gathering to "celebrate" anything. The chances of there being some sort of incident are greater than I prefer to be around.

I do however go to larger, less crowded, parks in the suburbs to enjoy such events. When I do get my WI-CCWp I will begin weighing the option to carry a taser for such events. I am already doing some online product research.

I am also hoping that passage of CCW into law here will reduce the number of random violence incidents as the ruffians will have to worry about the possible consequences of their activity.

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual..."

Old 07-12-2011, 05:57 PM   #6
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7650 Times on 4597 Posts
Likes Given: 9567

Quote:
Originally Posted by cddbrowns View Post
Nice to see the HUGE turn around of WI. Gives me hope, not much, but its there.
I wonder if Illinois will ever follow?

Old 07-12-2011, 06:40 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2oWerker View Post
There are a lot of "what ifs" in life and I was speaking directly about the mass violence incident here in Milwaukee over the 4th of July weekend. The park where that particular incident occurred is small, surrounded on 3 sides by residential homes, is not a bad neighborhood or a nice area, and had hundreds of people gathered to watch the fireworks display that evening. I personally wouldn't carry a firearm to such an event...I generally don't go to places where large numbers of people are gathering to "celebrate" anything. The chances of there being some sort of incident are greater than I prefer to be around.

I do however go to larger, less crowded, parks in the suburbs to enjoy such events. When I do get my WI-CCWp I will begin weighing the option to carry a taser for such events. I am already doing some online product research.

I am also hoping that passage of CCW into law here will reduce the number of random violence incidents as the ruffians will have to worry about the possible consequences of their activity.
You and me both brother! I don't do crowds.
I need to do some research on the legality of tazers. I've never considered one. I seem to vaguely remember there are some restrictions on tazers in GA but I cannot for the life of me remember what they were off hand.
I can see some utility against one attacker, but multiples... could be ugly. You should certainly do what is comfortable for you, but I, personally, want the option of a follow up shot and at least one re-load!

Old 07-12-2011, 07:06 PM   #8

Here's some limited info on a new taser that can handle multiple targets.

http://www.gizmag.com/3-shot-taser-x3/12290/

I will be starting a new thread titled "How to handle "Wilding" while in a crowd"
/hijack

Old 07-17-2011, 11:39 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 37 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I wonder if Illinois will ever follow?
Unfortunately I think we all know that won't happen...

Old 07-18-2011, 02:22 AM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5921 Times on 3092 Posts
Likes Given: 416

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSYCHOFREAK3 View Post
Unfortunately I think we all know that won't happen...
18 months ago i woulda said that about wis too.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...