Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Wisconsin castles (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/wisconsin-castles-44830/)

JonM 07-07-2011 12:47 AM

Wisconsin castles

first order of business come fall legislation term according to senator waangard is a strong castle doctrine along with stand your ground legislation also included will be legislation involving self protection vs mob assaults mainly in response to the race based mob attacks over the 4th of july in milwaukee.

FINALLY we have politicians reacting in the correct manner to violent thuggery!!!!!

H2oWerker 07-12-2011 02:12 PM

It's nice to hear that they are going to work on some "castle" and "stand your ground". And there certainly should be something about self defense -vs- "wilding"...
But I don't think I could get myself to draw down on a thug while amidst such a large group of innocent bystanders. Taser? YES!!!

FatPat 07-12-2011 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H2oWerker (Post 539578)
It's nice to hear that they are going to work on some "castle" and "stand your ground". And there certainly should be something about self defense -vs- "wilding"...
But I don't think I could get myself to draw down on a thug while amidst such a large group of innocent bystanders. Taser? YES!!!

What if you were in danger of losing your weapon to him? What if it wasn't one, but multiples? What if you had your family with you?

cddbrowns 07-12-2011 02:51 PM

Nice to see the HUGE turn around of WI. Gives me hope, not much, but its there.

H2oWerker 07-12-2011 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatPat
What if you were in danger of losing your weapon to him? What if it wasn't one, but multiples? What if you had your family with you?

There are a lot of "what ifs" in life and I was speaking directly about the mass violence incident here in Milwaukee over the 4th of July weekend. The park where that particular incident occurred is small, surrounded on 3 sides by residential homes, is not a bad neighborhood or a nice area, and had hundreds of people gathered to watch the fireworks display that evening. I personally wouldn't carry a firearm to such an event...I generally don't go to places where large numbers of people are gathering to "celebrate" anything. The chances of there being some sort of incident are greater than I prefer to be around.

I do however go to larger, less crowded, parks in the suburbs to enjoy such events. When I do get my WI-CCWp I will begin weighing the option to carry a taser for such events. I am already doing some online product research.

I am also hoping that passage of CCW into law here will reduce the number of random violence incidents as the ruffians will have to worry about the possible consequences of their activity.

winds-of-change 07-12-2011 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cddbrowns (Post 539594)
Nice to see the HUGE turn around of WI. Gives me hope, not much, but its there.

I wonder if Illinois will ever follow?

FatPat 07-12-2011 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H2oWerker (Post 539616)
There are a lot of "what ifs" in life and I was speaking directly about the mass violence incident here in Milwaukee over the 4th of July weekend. The park where that particular incident occurred is small, surrounded on 3 sides by residential homes, is not a bad neighborhood or a nice area, and had hundreds of people gathered to watch the fireworks display that evening. I personally wouldn't carry a firearm to such an event...I generally don't go to places where large numbers of people are gathering to "celebrate" anything. The chances of there being some sort of incident are greater than I prefer to be around.

I do however go to larger, less crowded, parks in the suburbs to enjoy such events. When I do get my WI-CCWp I will begin weighing the option to carry a taser for such events. I am already doing some online product research.

I am also hoping that passage of CCW into law here will reduce the number of random violence incidents as the ruffians will have to worry about the possible consequences of their activity.

You and me both brother! I don't do crowds.
I need to do some research on the legality of tazers. I've never considered one. I seem to vaguely remember there are some restrictions on tazers in GA but I cannot for the life of me remember what they were off hand.
I can see some utility against one attacker, but multiples... could be ugly. You should certainly do what is comfortable for you, but I, personally, want the option of a follow up shot and at least one re-load! :D

H2oWerker 07-12-2011 06:06 PM

Here's some limited info on a new taser that can handle multiple targets.

http://www.gizmag.com/3-shot-taser-x3/12290/

I will be starting a new thread titled "How to handle "Wilding" while in a crowd"
/hijack

PSYCHOFREAK3 07-17-2011 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winds-of-change (Post 539660)
I wonder if Illinois will ever follow?

Unfortunately I think we all know that won't happen...

JonM 07-18-2011 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSYCHOFREAK3 (Post 544056)
Unfortunately I think we all know that won't happen...

18 months ago i woulda said that about wis too.