Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Will a Kahr PM9 fit in a jeans pocket?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 05:34 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 285 Times on 247 Posts

Dood, the Robaugh (spelling?) 9mm is the smallest, or the Seacamp 9mm. But good luck trying to find one in a LGS.

Old 12-29-2012, 05:46 AM   #22

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'm gonna ask this ammo question in a seperate thread so more people see it.

Old 12-29-2012, 02:49 PM   #23

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

My Ruger LCP fits easily in my pocket in a pocket holster.

Only problem is I do not like to shoot the LCP

Old 12-29-2012, 03:59 PM   #24

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuckers View Post
I carry a Glock 26 daily but I'm finding having to use waistband holsters and ankle holsters as being just too annoying to live with.

I really want to start carrying a truly pocketable handgun. I also have a Ruger LCP and it's perfectly sized for pocket carry. The only thing I don't like about it is that it's chambered in .380.

I know small 9mms like the Kahr PM9 could probably fit in baggy cargo pants pockets. But I don't want to alter my wardrobe. I mostly wear somewhat tight jeans and khakis and am wondering if anyone has tried to carry something like the Kahr PM9 wearing those kinds of pants.

On a sidenote, I'm also wondering if anybody else out there has tried to replace the pockets on their favorite pants with larger ones so they could pocket carry 9mms. Or am I the only one who's had that probably stupid idea?

Thanks a million in advance.
have you looked into a springfield xds? I carry one daily in a pocket holster....it works outstanding for me..

Old 12-29-2012, 04:49 PM   #25

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdsxds View Post
have you looked into a springfield xds? I carry one daily in a pocket holster....it works outstanding for me..
No, not really since I consider them to basically be Glock clones. Are there thinner and more compact XDs compared to the Glock 26? I just assumed that if a Glock 26 can't fit in my pocket then XDs couldn't either because I thought they both used double stacked magazines and had thick slides. Is there a single stack sub-compact XD in 9mm with a sub-1 inch (width) slide?

Old 12-29-2012, 06:08 PM   #26

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The xds is a single stack .45....1 inch wide....I wear Levi 560 with no probs

Old 12-31-2012, 06:22 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
The biggest thing a pocket holster does, safety-wise is cover the trigger to prevent an accidental discharge.

With the proper style and size of jeans, the Khar sould fit. I just wouldn't go trying it in those tight fitting, skinny jeans or other "fashion" jeans. Many have smaller pockets like women's pants (one of my wife's biggest complaints about women's jeans is that she cannot pocket carry anything but the smallest of handguns).

Levi's, Wranglers, Lee Dungarees, and even Old Navy loose fit jeans,seem to have fairly generous pockets.
I'll always remember a story I read about a guy who was pocket carrying his chambered Glock when it went off while he was waiting in his vehicle with his kids. It shot him in the leg and he bled to death in front of his kids.

Carrying anytime w/o the trigger being covered is just plain dumb.

Old 12-31-2012, 03:01 PM   #28

Liked 213 Times on 171 Posts
Likes Given: 15

jr sounds like that guy also had somethin else in that pocket. Does not matter what you carry if your skilled to operate it , just use a holster.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:29 PM   #29

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrFreak View Post
I'll always remember a story I read about a guy who was pocket carrying his chambered Glock when it went off while he was waiting in his vehicle with his kids. It shot him in the leg and he bled to death in front of his kids.

Carrying anytime w/o the trigger being covered is just plain dumb.
Unless you're in a war zone, carrying chambered 24/7 is just plain dumb in my opinion. I don't care if the trigger is covered or not. Trusting a little piece of leather with your life and those around you is just irresponsible in my opinion. It's like carrying around a ticking time bomb...

Last edited by Yuckers; 12-31-2012 at 08:31 PM.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:01 PM   #30

Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

That ticking time bomb comment reminds me of something a liberal would say to convince the masses of the need to ban firearms, but back to the topic, you mentioned a single stack 9 autoloader, have you looked at a S&W Shield? They come in 9 and 40, I handled one at Gander Mountain last summer and was quite impressed with it, much more concealable than their double stack line. This will likely be my ccw when I get the scratch to buy one, also I have a friend who has a Taurus Slimline 709 which is also offered in the 40, the model 740, he loves it and hasn't had any trouble, however I have read both good and bad reviews on these. Personally if I were to carry my ccw without a round chambered I would carry a revolver with one cylinder empty, though I don't see the need for this, it at least eliminates the need to rack the slide, just pull it out and pull the trigger, can be done easily with one hand. As stated previously if you are rushed by an attacker and taken by surprise it is doubtful you will have the time and state of mind to rack that slide, no matter how good you think you are, I know I wouldn't like that scenario at all, but in the end it is truly your decision and your sacrifice, just lending my .02

Vote Scott Walker for Governor June 5th 2012