Wife got her CHL! Now where to carry? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Wife got her CHL! Now where to carry?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2011, 04:50 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

That gives a whole new meaning to booby trap. Just think of all the fun you could have searching her to find the pistol.

Old 05-11-2011, 10:01 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaTmAn View Post
That gives a whole new meaning to booby trap. Just think of all the fun you could have searching her to find the pistol.
"is that a gun or r u just happy to see me?" LOL

Old 05-12-2011, 03:32 AM   #13
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Wth......................

bear-face-palm.jpg  

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 05-12-2011, 04:02 AM   #14

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have had a few female friends say that they would like to carry a gun for self-defense and ask about carry methods. I always try to be helpful but I'm a guy (a wide one ) and therefore I don't have the same issues trying to conceal a weapon that a woman does. So, I just wanted to post a link to a video my GF found. The woman in the video is quite knowledgable on concealed carry issues that women face that us guys are clueless about:

The only 357 magnum to me is the Ruger Security Six!!

Old 05-12-2011, 04:08 AM   #15

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

I think it comes down to the woman being willing to have several different carry options. By several, I mean, every option. Women have such a larger amount of outfit types than guys do. I carry 4 or 5 different ways. A woman should have, maybe 7-10 different options from pocket, thigh, belly band, IWB, OWB, ankle, shoulder rig, etc. And this costs MONEY!!!!

I do NOT suggest a purse.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 05-12-2011, 03:58 PM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I agree with you ^^ on the fact women have more options. I took my cousin holster shopping and we spent 2 hours trying out different methods for her to carry. What was nice was the owner of the shop let her bring her guns in with her unloaded of course and try the holsters out on her body. She ended up buying 3 different holsters 1 iwb, shoulder holster, and a ankle holster. She is planning on getting a pocket holster and wait till i tell her about the thigh holster she prolly will want one of those too.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:12 PM   #17
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3375 Times on 1881 Posts
Likes Given: 147

The bra holster idea is cool but I have yet to find one that would hold the XD 9 your wife is considering carrying. I found that my rather large chest got in the way while trying to unholster my gun from a shoulder holster besides summers in Utah get warm can't be wearing a jacket all the time. My latest endeavor has been to carry it on my stomach just below my rib cage. I went to Wal Mart and bought a corsette type spandex thing sewed a pocket onto the back of it and carry it there. the downside to this is you can see the imprint through my tighter t-shirts. but since I mostly wear dresses and button up shirts I don't worry too much about it. I also will wear a thigh holster with my tighter dresses... Just some thoughts.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 06-20-2011, 02:40 PM   #18

Liked 164 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 260

I am tired of collecting holsters for the wife too. She has a IWB that I made for her that she will on special occasions wear. Other than that she carries in her pocket book which I hate. Her jeans are too tight for most IWB and she says her dresses are too short for a thigh rig while sitting, some shorts have enough pocket room most do not, fanny packs are out period, the flash bang got my attention not too sure it will hers, OWB at 4o'clock seems to work good at times. Trying to get her to look at a belly band is not going over well, so I am running out of ideas to get her weapon out of her pocket book, as she sets it down every chance she gets.

I am looking for good suggestions from the ladies who carry, what works good for you and your body type. My wife is 5'10" and around 140-150lbs. (she is gonna kill me) and carries a Bersa Thunder CC .380 8+1