Wife got her CHL! Now where to carry?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Wife got her CHL! Now where to carry?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2011, 12:45 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Wife got her CHL! Now where to carry?

My wife just got her CHL, and I am very proud of her! Now we are trying to debate where she should carry. She is only about 5'3'' 110lbs or so - doesn't make things easy. She doesn't really wear anything with a decent sized pocket, and something that big on her hip would likely look odd. I could tell her to wear baggy clothing, but she would just hurt me.

Does kangaroo carry work well for small women?
Is purse carry the best option?
She seems to think that she could just wear a jacket 100% of the time and get away with a shoulder holster. IF she wasn't so finicky about being hot/cold all the time, I might believe her.

I never thought hiding a gun would be so difficult, but I am glad the wife is excited about it.

Any other ideas?

My blog - I sell nothing don't worry.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-10-2011, 01:50 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8877 Times on 3844 Posts
Likes Given: 1391

Galco Purses

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 05-10-2011, 01:54 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

What is she carrying?

I know there is a holster out there that holds the pistol basically between a woman's breasts but slightly lower and you can't tell at all. If she is "gifted" it would hide all the better and unless she's a hugger it's an area that would rarely see contact by folks who aren't in the know.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 05-10-2011, 02:12 AM   #4

Default small lady carry

My wife is about same size, a little person
A Fanny pack designed for a firearm, small, med, or large works well for her.

You may find me dead in a ditch one day, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass!

Old 05-10-2011, 04:27 AM   #5
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I've been through this process a few times with my girlfriend, my daughter and now my daughter in law. I believe CC is not gender based it is based on what works if you need the firearm. In short carry in a place you can reach the firearm quickly as there will be little time to open a bag/pack or pouch. CC requires some change including how you dress at times. Same advice/respect I would give to a man facing the same issue I give to the women in my life. A IWB holster is your best friend, lets find one that fits you well. There is no magic holster for woman, the best holsters tested/proven are available and if you want to protect the one you love find one that fits well and she can access quickly.

Take no offense to my input, I have seen the gimics focused on the fairer sex and each time I ask myself would I carry that way? If the answer is no then why would I want a person I love carry like that. There are a lot of small frame men that CC using proven holsters look at the same for the woman in your life.

More detail on the pistol your wife would carry will lead to some solid advice concerning holsters.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 05-10-2011, 03:06 PM   #6

Default Congratulations "Mrs.mcfroggin"

mcfroggin: Sir, some thought an opinions

Concealed Carry Methods

Gun Holsters Glock Holsters Concealment Holsters

Deep Concealment Face Off: SmartCarry vs. Thunderwear

Craig

♥ Exercise daily - walk with the Lord!

Old 05-10-2011, 07:02 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Here's a really good article from a woman's perspective. That's a good site to browse around, too, whether you're male or female.

"An armed society is a polite society." — Robert A. Heinlein

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
— William S. Burroughs

Old 05-10-2011, 07:06 PM   #8

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
That's what I would carry IF I were a woman.....or Spitty.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:22 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
What is she carrying?

I know there is a holster out there that holds the pistol basically between a woman's breasts but slightly lower and you can't tell at all. If she is "gifted" it would hide all the better and unless she's a hugger it's an area that would rarely see contact by folks who aren't in the know.
We have a few guns for her to choose from. She is debating between the XD9 and the PPS - 40. I thinks she shoots just as well with the LCP, but getting her to carry something that small will take an act of God.

She is a pretty frequent hugger, so I'm not sure about this bra thing. I never even knew that existed.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:24 PM   #10

I had to see this bra thing in action.