Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > WI conceal carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2011, 11:19 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

hunter safety will do it for me its in the list they put out.

Old 08-21-2011, 01:19 AM   #12

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

Hopefully there will be reciprocity laws with other states. I sort of doubt other states will honor Wisconsin because they have very lax training requirements.A hunter saftey certificate? A joke really if you become involved with an encounter with the bad guy. It is hunter safety..so you dont shoot yourself or your hunting buddy. They teach you how to cross a fence, climb a tree with a weapon, transporting laws etc. It wont help you stay out of trouble doing your job while carrying. By all means take a good course and memorize what you are going to do after you yank the trigger! Texas has a 10 hr course minimum including range time. A test and marksman training is included for first timers. I know its your constitutional right to protect yourself, but so is the class so you dont get in trouble after the shooting!

Old 08-21-2011, 02:15 AM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5324 Times on 2779 Posts
Likes Given: 338

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRog View Post
Hopefully there will be reciprocity laws with other states. I sort of doubt other states will honor Wisconsin because they have very lax training requirements.A hunter saftey certificate? A joke really if you become involved with an encounter with the bad guy. It is hunter safety..so you dont shoot yourself or your hunting buddy. They teach you how to cross a fence, climb a tree with a weapon, transporting laws etc. It wont help you stay out of trouble doing your job while carrying. By all means take a good course and memorize what you are going to do after you yank the trigger! Texas has a 10 hr course minimum including range time. A test and marksman training is included for first timers. I know its your constitutional right to protect yourself, but so is the class so you dont get in trouble after the shooting!
there is no proof training helps people with use of force. states that have training requirments have the same results per capita that states without training requirments do.

our ccw law training is modeled strongly on florida.

ive been through texas ccw course. i was one of the first group in texas to get a ccw license. the texas course was a joke. if you want real use of force take a real self defense course. all state dictated ccw curriculum is pretty worthless. people are better off with a hunter safety than all the half true stuff you get in ccw classes. at least you get useful info in gun handling

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 08-21-2011 at 02:20 AM.

Old 08-21-2011, 02:56 AM   #14

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
there is no proof training helps people with use of force. states that have training requirments have the same results per capita that states without training requirments do.

our ccw law training is modeled strongly on florida.

ive been through texas ccw course. i was one of the first group in texas to get a ccw license. the texas course was a joke. if you want real use of force take a real self defense course. all state dictated ccw curriculum is pretty worthless. people are better off with a hunter safety than all the half true stuff you get in ccw classes. at least you get useful info in gun handling
If Wisconsin's CCW lawis patterned after Florida's then I expect Alabama, Florida, Mississippi, Arkansas and some others I can't remember will have reciprocity agreements as long as Wisconsin honors theirs.

Old 08-21-2011, 03:11 AM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo45 View Post
If Wisconsin's CCW lawis patterned after Florida's then I expect Alabama, Florida, Mississippi, Arkansas and some others I can't remember will have reciprocity agreements as long as Wisconsin honors theirs.
from what i understand wisconsin is going to honor any ccw permit that has a training requirement. but nothing official yet

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-21-2011, 01:10 PM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Passed my HUNTER SAFETY COURSE last week and the instructor said to me that the corse WILL NOT be good enough for the CCW PERMIT! so on Monday I call the DEPT.of JUSTICE in Madision and told him what my intructor said to me and that is on the list NO MATTER WHAT THE DNR TOLD THEM! so now I'm all ready!!!! . He also told me that they have to get their database together and hire alot of people to push papers.

Old 08-21-2011, 01:40 PM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf101 View Post
Passed my HUNTER SAFETY COURSE last week and the instructor said to me that the corse WILL NOT be good enough for the CCW PERMIT! so on Monday I call the DEPT.of JUSTICE in Madision and told him what my intructor said to me and that is on the list NO MATTER WHAT THE DNR TOLD THEM! so now I'm all ready!!!! . He also told me that they have to get their database together and hire alot of people to push papers.
There is a lot of bs floating around from these trainers in wi. An acquantance just got done with his utah license and the instructor told him that he could start carrying nov1 due to reciprocity. Some of these trainers are going to get a lot of people in trouble legally.

Constitutional carry woulda been so much better or just a no training permit. Due to all the wrong information beimg handed out by these "trainers".

Old 08-21-2011, 02:33 PM   #18

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
There is a lot of bs floating around from these trainers in wi. An acquantance just got done with his utah license and the instructor told him that he could start carrying nov1 due to reciprocity. Some of these trainers are going to get a lot of people in trouble legally.

Constitutional carry woulda been so much better or just a no training permit. Due to all the wrong information beimg handed out by these "trainers".
the guy also told me that Wisconsin wont EXCEPT utah/Florida!! but the guy at the JD told me as long as other States do a background check Wis. would except the CCW as long as it meets Wis.standards.

Old 08-21-2011, 10:47 PM   #19

Liked 111 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 7

AZ will honor the WI permit.

Old 08-21-2011, 10:51 PM   #20
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf101 View Post
the guy also told me that Wisconsin wont EXCEPT utah/Florida!! but the guy at the JD told me as long as other States do a background check Wis. would except the CCW as long as it meets Wis.standards.
that guy is a nut LOL!!