Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   WI conceal carry (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/wi-conceal-carry-42115/)

JonM 05-05-2011 12:25 AM

WI conceal carry

some real good news for the peoples republik of wiosconsin. vote expetceted in June

it has bi partisan support. the last two times it passed with overwhelming majorities in house and senate but vetoed by the slime sucking jim doyle. the last veto came within one vote of being over ridden the deciding vote cast by a rino republican.

New concealed carry bills go further than past efforts - JSOnline

Quote:

New concealed carry bills go further than past efforts
By Patrick Marley of the Journal Sentinel
May 4, 2011 3:52 p.m.

Madison Republican lawmakers are moving quickly on bills to allow people to carry concealed weapons without any training and, in one bill, without obtaining a state permit.
Rep. Jeff Mursau (R-Crivitz) and Sen. Pam Galloway (R-Wausau) released two bills Wednesday they wrote together, both of which go much further than past versions of the bill that have gotten traction in the Legislature.

Galloway said she did not believe any training was needed for people to carry concealed guns.

"People who carry concealed as private citizens are responsible people," she said.

Two hearings are planned on the bills on May 12 - one in Wausau and one in Madison.

Galloway said the hearings would help lawmakers determine which bill to pass and which to set aside.

One bill would allow people to carry concealed weapons without having to obtain a permit from the state. Guns and other weapons would be banned from police stations and other law enforcement offices; jails and prisons; courthouses; school grounds; airports beyond security checkpoints; and any government building that has electronic weapons screening and a place for people to store their weapons.

The second piece of legislation would require those who wish to carry concealed weapons to get permits from the state. The permits would be issued to anyone 21 and over who was not barred from carrying weapons, such as felons.

The permits would be good for five years and cost up to $65. Renewals would cost up to $40.

canebrake 05-05-2011 12:30 AM

Woot!!!!!!!!!!

JonM 05-05-2011 12:52 AM

one other thing. last two times it passed the democrats controlled both houses with more than a few rino republicans across the isle.

danf_fl 05-05-2011 01:00 AM

Get in line to be the first CWP!

Jacob2 08-06-2011 12:49 AM

I live in Wausau and I started seeing Equip 2 Conceal classes all over the place, so it sparked my intrested and of course signed up for the class.

They go over everything you need to know on your firearm to protect yourself and to maintain and handle it along with going over the laws in great detail. This class was extremely helpful!

I would recomend this class to anyone, I believe their website is Concealed Carry Classes | Equip 2 Conceal

But anway,
Support our rights!

Gatoragn 08-06-2011 12:58 AM

Stop by the Introduction section and tell us more about yourself.

hardenedprepper 08-09-2011 11:51 PM

I'm in the Milwaukee area and this guy does a terrific job at teaching. I also saw a write up of his classes. Here it is...

Tom Sipin's traning course in West Allis, WI

lonewolf101 08-10-2011 12:05 AM

I'm ready for my CCW!!!

ArmedBadger 08-11-2011 10:05 PM

A very good time to be a Wisconsinite!

JonM 08-11-2011 10:13 PM

from what i understand of the new law my old expired texas ccw permit will qualify if not i still got my army dd214 with 95B mos and MP training certificates.