Why We Need Concealed & Open Carry - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Why We Need Concealed & Open Carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2013, 05:23 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

WE have to look at the prison system as well as the bad people allowed to walk and commit more crimes. WE can keep some kid that was selling pot in prison easier than we can a rapist or murderer. Sure the huy got out and committed more crimes and it's people like this that make me want to carry. But someone had to let him out. And iot's them that should be sharing in the responsibility. This man has had a violent past andit was prett ymuch a no brainier that he's get back to it as soon as he could.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 09-09-2013, 08:35 PM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall View Post
I'm sorry I'm just a young 48 year old kid that hasn't experienced anything or learned anything!! Thanks for the wisdom!!
Hey, don't mention it. Glad to help out.

Old 09-10-2013, 10:11 PM   #43

Liked 106 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Quote:

To end this debate, so I don't have to read another Novel on your opinions why a grown women should learn to shoot a rifle and not a revolver!! You are right and we should all have the same opinion!! Cool??
Was only sharing my insight from experience with fact to back it up. Every person and experience is different. You seem to be in a very sour & contrary state of mind lately. Everything alright, or are you stressed right now?

Old 09-10-2013, 11:05 PM   #44

Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildenton

Was only sharing my insight from experience with fact to back it up. Every person and experience is different. You seem to be in a very sour & contrary state of mind lately. Everything alright, or are you stressed right now?
And I was doing the same and you completely dismissed mine! We both had respectful opinions and experiences that were different! As right as I think I am about my opinions, I always try to listen for better and different from others. But you set the tone of our dialog from the start by totally dismissing my experiences. I know there is advantages from a Revolver. And I'm sure you know there are advantages from learning from a rifle. Can we both be a little right? Does it have to be absolute in either direction? All we accomplished by our immaturity was create confusion and dismissed any kind of credibility that a more mature dialog might have created. I apologize for my part and I'm totally sorry for acting like a "know it all" be well and never lose the ability to learn.

Old 09-11-2013, 01:59 AM   #45

Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 51

A 22 rifle is a fun gun to shoot. Unfortunately it has nothing to do with CCW. You don't have a person ride a bike when they want to learn how to drive....it's that kind of difference. A BB or pellet pistol would be a better learning aid to advance towards a handgun than any kind of rifle....and yes...just my "educated" opinion. Besides my wife is an excellent handgun shooter, and air pistols were here first efforts at shooting anything. Once you become profecient at hitting the target, the noise is a small factor. And as far as noise goes, that's what muffs are for. There are a ton of noise cancelling electronic headgear starting at about $20.....noise? what noise?

Never waste time deciding between two guns....buy both of them.

Old 09-11-2013, 02:32 AM   #46

Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribound
A 22 rifle is a fun gun to shoot. Unfortunately it has nothing to do with CCW. You don't have a person ride a bike when they want to learn how to drive....it's that kind of difference. A BB or pellet pistol would be a better learning aid to advance towards a handgun than any kind of rifle....and yes...just my "educated" opinion. Besides my wife is an excellent handgun shooter, and air pistols were here first efforts at shooting anything. Once you become profecient at hitting the target, the noise is a small factor. And as far as noise goes, that's what muffs are for. There are a ton of noise cancelling electronic headgear starting at about $20.....noise? what noise?
To be honest with you! I've never shot a rifle in my life! But handguns I love and have learned how to handle, shoot and respect them! To me they are very much different. And I would much rather learn the smaller handgun! Not saying its easier but less intimidating the way I see it. And yes I agree, Practice with what your going to use or need!

Old 09-11-2013, 03:46 PM   #47
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2014 Times on 1191 Posts
Likes Given: 971

Why do we need both concealed carry and open carry????

Because it is our RIGHT!!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

People Like This 
Old 09-12-2013, 07:52 PM   #48

Liked 106 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Quote:

And I was doing the same and you completely dismissed mine! We both had respectful opinions and experiences that were different! As right as I think I am about my opinions, I always try to listen for better and different from others. But you set the tone of our dialog from the start by totally dismissing my experiences. I know there is advantages from a Revolver. And I'm sure you know there are advantages from learning from a rifle. Can we both be a little right? Does it have to be absolute in either direction? All we accomplished by our immaturity was create confusion and dismissed any kind of credibility that a more mature dialog might have created. I apologize for my part and I'm totally sorry for acting like a "know it all" be well and never lose the ability to learn.
Sorry, it was not my intention to be disrespectful. 22 revolver most of the time is indeed great to learn on, its what i shot for years.
Just not sure it is the best in this situation. But i think that its up to them now, there has been some good posts here, they'll figure it out from here.

Last edited by phildenton; 09-12-2013 at 08:07 PM.

Old 09-12-2013, 10:24 PM   #49

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

My wife also did not like guns, although she was frightening with a baseball bat. She picked up my cheap pellet pistol to scare some squirrels off her bird feeder and now is open to shooting more and more.

The scum who killed that mother needs some real justice he may not get it here on earth but sure seems like a candidate for hell.

Old 09-14-2013, 10:05 AM   #50
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1094 Times on 706 Posts
Likes Given: 242

Quote:
Originally Posted by REPS View Post
My wife also did not like guns, although she was frightening with a baseball bat. She picked up my cheap pellet pistol to scare some squirrels off her bird feeder and now is open to shooting more and more.

The scum who killed that mother needs some real justice he may not get it here on earth but sure seems like a candidate for hell.
Hell. Like Santa, tooth fairy, or any one of hundreds of story's we tell children in folklore stories, I am afraid the closest thing to hell was the night, in the dark, alone, headed back to be Mom to those three kids, she meets this demon with deer slugs in a shotgun. That was pure hell.

Nothing society or folklore can do to him, to match what her final moments were like.

This guy will get free medical, dental, AC, heat, Three hots a day, a warm bed, internet, college degrees, and on and on. He will get the death penalty in a state that means 30 years before we get justice. What is the justice in that?

Chain him to the top of a telephone pole in the intersection she died, hanging from his thumbs, and put a dump truck load of baseball sized rocks below him. Let the community have a day passing sentence on him.

Last edited by AR10; 09-14-2013 at 10:18 AM.
Axxe55 Likes This