Why We Need Concealed & Open Carry - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Why We Need Concealed & Open Carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2013, 08:58 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 117 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
Maybe get your wife a taser or stun gun. Or pepper spray.
Not a bad idea. Although against that guy I think bear spray would be more effective.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:58 PM   #12
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1102 Times on 708 Posts
Likes Given: 242

Enroll her in NRA's refuse To Be A Victim. No guns in class, just good advice on how to stay safe. I wish the subject of this thread, would have taken that class.

I signed my wife up, and she loved the class. Came back with a new realization of what being safe means.

http://refuse.nra.org/

Old 09-05-2013, 12:45 AM   #13

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackxpress View Post
My wife is terrified of firearms. I tried to teach her to shoot once long ago. It didn't go well. She refuses to go armed and, truth be known, that's probably a good thing. If you're afraid of guns you're better off without one. It's monsters like this that make me wish I could get her over her fear, maybe enroll her in a basic handgun class or something but she'll have none of it. As for me I would love to bust off a few 10mm rounds into his sorry a$$ but I doubt if he would ever pick me for a victim. Creeps like him prefer to prey on small women and old people instead of big guys like me.
You're right, typical cowards.

Old 09-05-2013, 01:07 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

This monster was today, charged with 4 murders in Omaha, one of the murders was Andrea.

She pulled up to a stop sign at 2:21am after getting off work, and his car was already there in front of hers He gets out of his car, and approaches her, with a twelve gauge shotgun, loaded with Brenneke Classic Magnum Dear Slugs. He pulls her out of her car. He shoots her 5 times, including once to the head. He and a passenger in his car, steal her car, and leave her dead in the intersection. Nice area of town, not far from her home.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20130904/NEWS/309049944/1685

Old 09-06-2013, 10:51 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

While in prison, this guy was written up for two cases of what the state calls" tattoo incidences"

Looking at this guy, it is pretty clear, the state was not paying much attention to what progress or problems this guy was having.

How do you go into prison at 15 and come out 11 years later looking like that, with two tattoo incidences in your case file?

He assaulted prison guards, attempted an escape at a funeral he attended, threatened judges, inmates, started a prison riot in the yard, and on and on, yet he got 11 years off his sentence for good behavior.

One radio station is calling him the Good Time Killer.

forumrunner_20130906_044721.jpg

Old 09-06-2013, 11:42 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackxpress View Post
My wife is terrified of firearms. I tried to teach her to shoot once long ago. It didn't go well. She refuses to go armed and, truth be known, that's probably a good thing. If you're afraid of guns you're better off without one. It's monsters like this that make me wish I could get her over her fear, maybe enroll her in a basic handgun class or something but she'll have none of it. As for me I would love to bust off a few 10mm rounds into his sorry a$$ but I doubt if he would ever pick me for a victim. Creeps like him prefer to prey on small women and old people instead of big guys like me.
Just because your wife is terrified of firearms doesn't mean she has to go unarmed. Pepper, Tasers, or a knife could give her the edge she needs in a confrontation.

With no insult intended, you might want to think about talking to her about an NRA class. Sometimes it's not the gun, but the close relationship to the instructor. When objects that could cause injury or death are involved it's sometimes better to have a qualified stranger do the teaching. Teaching your own kid to drive is another example.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:10 PM   #17

Liked 104 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 32

First let me say my heart goes out to the victims families, this kind of crap happens way too often. Now let me say that the people that made the decision to let him out should be sitting right next to him facing charges. You don't let a wild tiger out free into city and then act surprised when people start turning up dead. Habitual criminals are kept behind bars not as punishment, but for public safety.
This whole thing is just so sad.

USAF 77-99
MAC trained killer

People Like This 
Old 09-06-2013, 02:31 PM   #18

Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackxpress
Clean and handle your guns as much as you can or dare to around her! Try to instill the fact that guns are just a tool and harmless in the right hands. Greatest misconception or fear of guns is, that they are dangerous, that myth is just not true. It is true, that guns have a greater potential to be deadly than most objects but not nearly the deadly potential, that a 4000 lb. vehicle filled with highly combustable fuel, passing within a few feet of other traveling bombs at high speeds. Anything can be dangerous if we want it to be. Guns just have a real quick way of becoming that!! Therefore we have to protect ourselves with the same tool! Do we think killing and danger was invented with the invention of firearms?? Of course not, man, was killing each other with rocks and sticks long before the more modern way was invented. Just hate to see people lay in fear of misconception.. Hopefully your wife is open minded enough to learn different. Pepper Spray?? In today's world?? That's the classic example of "bringing a knife to gun fight" or giving the crazy all the advantage he will probably need! Be well! And don't give up, your persistence could save her life and others some day!!

Old 09-06-2013, 02:38 PM   #19
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 09-07-2013, 02:07 AM   #20

Liked 117 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall View Post
Clean and handle your guns as much as you can or dare to around her! Try to instill the fact that guns are just a tool and harmless in the right hands. Greatest misconception or fear of guns is, that they are dangerous, that myth is just not true. It is true, that guns have a greater potential to be deadly than most objects but not nearly the deadly potential, that a 4000 lb. vehicle filled with highly combustable fuel, passing within a few feet of other traveling bombs at high speeds. Anything can be dangerous if we want it to be. Guns just have a real quick way of becoming that!! Therefore we have to protect ourselves with the same tool! Do we think killing and danger was invented with the invention of firearms?? Of course not, man, was killing each other with rocks and sticks long before the more modern way was invented. Just hate to see people lay in fear of misconception.. Hopefully your wife is open minded enough to learn different. Pepper Spray?? In today's world?? That's the classic example of "bringing a knife to gun fight" or giving the crazy all the advantage he will probably need! Be well! And don't give up, your persistence could save her life and others some day!!
It's not so much that she's terrified of guns, she's afraid to shoot one herself. It all goes back to 30 years ago when me and my buddy took her to the range with us and I let her shoot my 38. She shot it one time and soon as she started to squeeze the trigger she closed her eyes and turned her head away from the gun. By the time it went off she was looking over her shoulder. Thankfully the gun was still pointed downrange (barely). She handed the gun back to me and said she didn't want to shoot any more. I've never pushed it. I figure if she doesn't like to shoot she's better off without a gun. Maybe it's time for me to rethink that and gently encourage her to give it another try. And, yes, I agree with you about pepper spray and all that stuff. This monster would not have been deterred by pepper spray, stun guns or anything else short of a couple of well placed hollow points. I know a really good NRA instructor that I could introduce her to. Maybe I need to start trying to talk her into taking his basic course and go from there. He's a super nice guy. He might just be able to change her mind about shooting. Sure couldn't hurt to give it a try.