Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Why we DON'T fire warning shots...EVER!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2013, 03:58 PM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 176 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 165

I have complete faith my dog will bark till there is no tomorrow if someone is trying to get inside my house while I'm home. Once they are in the house he'll probably hide behind me, but his job would be over then, I didn't raise an attack dog.

image-2419061628.jpg

I would have no warning shot, my only verbal warning would be... Leave right now (probably with more colorful language than anyone wants to hear). If they were still determined to get in, so be it, I will be waiting. I don't want to be backed into a corner like this but you'll do what you have to do to protect your family.

We must always fear evil men, but there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most... And that is the indifference of good men!

People Like This 
Old 06-08-2013, 04:07 PM   #82

Liked 176 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

i wonder how many innocent people have been hurt or killed in drive-by shootings when the intended target was missed?
I'll refer to this YouTube video

http://youtu.be/Eb4RPY9eekQ
I love these guys!

We must always fear evil men, but there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most... And that is the indifference of good men!

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-08-2013, 04:10 PM   #83

Liked 355 Times on 250 Posts
Likes Given: 106

Quote:
i wonder how many innocent people have been hurt or killed in drive-by shootings when the intended target was missed?
Maybe we are getting or wires crossed here. That's my point even when shooting at the target there is a chance of missing the target hitting someone by mistake.

Old 06-08-2013, 04:16 PM   #84
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19795 Times on 11238 Posts
Likes Given: 49889

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
Maybe we are getting or wires crossed here. That's my point even when shooting at the target there is a chance of missing the target hitting someone by mistake.
sorry, i misunderstood your reply.

Old 06-09-2013, 02:33 AM   #85
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1590 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 786

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
Yes, guns are some of the safest tools we own, but some of the idiots using those tools need to be behind bars.

I love how you call your experience "Reality!!!" yet discount the reality of the people injured in NY. I could post quite a few links to innocent people injured or killed by stray rounds, but why bother? You have your mind made up, and nothing I can do would show you the reality of what we deal with on a regular basis.
Unless you have been 'in the business' more than 40 years you have not dealt with near as much 'on a regular basis' than I have, nice try though!
You use the one incident in NYC as a bases for your argument, well I have seen thousands of rounds fired in anger and VERY few of them killed or injured anyone other than those they were trying to kill or injure. I spent two tours in RVN and there the bullets were flying around A LOT more than any where in the US, even Chicago, and there were very few who were hit unintentionaly. If you all took the time to read my post you would have known I advise against warning shots and I advocate the responsible use of firearms. But I don't buy in the BS about the guns being so dangerous that one stray bullet will end the world as the anti-gunners have indoctrinate people (many on this site ) to beleive.

Just the reality of this discussion. The sky's not falling, contrary to what many here seem to think!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 06-09-2013, 02:42 AM   #86
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 871 Times on 579 Posts
Likes Given: 222

Ammo too hard to get!

Old 06-09-2013, 08:50 AM   #87
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1764 Times on 987 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
Unless you have been 'in the business' more than 40 years you have not dealt with near as much 'on a regular basis' than I have, nice try though!
You use the one incident in NYC as a bases for your argument, well I have seen thousands of rounds fired in anger and VERY few of them killed or injured anyone other than those they were trying to kill or injure. I spent two tours in RVN and there the bullets were flying around A LOT more than any where in the US, even Chicago, and there were very few who were hit unintentionaly. If you all took the time to read my post you would have known I advise against warning shots and I advocate the responsible use of firearms. But I don't buy in the BS about the guns being so dangerous that one stray bullet will end the world as the anti-gunners have indoctrinate people (many on this site ) to beleive.

Just the reality of this discussion. The sky's not falling, contrary to what many here seem to think!!!
Yeah, and I've never had a single innocent bystander in the back of my truck with a GSW. Right. That's the ticket. Your statement is as false as mine would be if I told you that if you wear a seat belt you'll never die in a car crash. Just because I've never pulled a body out of a seat belt doesn't mean I'm foolish enough to think it doesn't happen.

http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20130603/clinton-hill/man-killed-by-stray-bullet-on-myrtle-ave-was-fashion-forward-teddy-bear

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/05/queens-teenager-killed-by-stray-bullet-on-bus.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/29/sherri-williams-dead-alabama-mother-stray-bullet_n_3182353.html

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/article/20130519/NEWS01/305190091/Memorial-garden-honors-woman-killed-by-stray-bullet-2012

Want more?
Old 06-10-2013, 12:47 AM   #88

Liked 47 Times on 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHaus
One of my favorite lessons was something that happened to my Grandparents. Someone was trying to force open the front door. Their very large German Shepard mix was going nuts. My Grandmother was shouting for the potential intruder to go away. At that point my Grandfather said in his loud, booming voice, "I've got the gun, don't turn the dog loose on him until I shoot him." They said they watched through the side window as the possible bad guy broke the record for the 100 yard dash. BTW, this was in Urban N.J. a lot of years ago. BTWx2, I always wondered about the mindset of the guy trying to gain entrance in the face of an obviously big and nasty dog. Gun or no gun, Rex would have torn him apart. Today we are in Georgia and we are well armed, but I still think our English Mastiff is the best deterrent to bad guys.
English mastiffs are awesome dogs. Big lovable goofballs. But every one I have met were big pussies lol. I'll stick to the German Shepard.

To the point in Indiana it's illegal to fire on somebody unless they are in your home. But I don't have to say anything to somebody uninvited. If you are stupid enough to come toward the German Shepard freaking out, you will see one very bright LED light and then a couple more bright flashes. The rest will be up to whomever you pray to.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:12 PM   #89
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1590 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 786

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
Yeah, and I've never had a single innocent bystander in the back of my truck with a GSW. Right. That's the ticket. Your statement is as false as mine would be if I told you that if you wear a seat belt you'll never die in a car crash. Just because I've never pulled a body out of a seat belt doesn't mean I'm foolish enough to think it doesn't happen.

http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20130603/clinton-hill/man-killed-by-stray-bullet-on-myrtle-ave-was-fashion-forward-teddy-bear

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/05/queens-teenager-killed-by-stray-bullet-on-bus.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/29/sherri-williams-dead-alabama-mother-stray-bullet_n_3182353.html

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/article/20130519/NEWS01/305190091/Memorial-garden-honors-woman-killed-by-stray-bullet-2012

Want more?
For every time a 'stray' bullet kills or seriously injures someone hundreds of millions do not. If you have been indoctrinated by the progressives to believe 'stray bullets' are a BIG problem I truly feel sorry for you. I guess you will just continue to spread their lies. The probability of a person being killed or injured by a 'warning' shot is so low there is not a number high enough to even state this ridiculously low probability. (bazillion to one)
To anyone who has seen through all this negative BS about firearms this discussion is just plain silly! But I guess the progressive anti-gun propaganda is even taking it's toll on people who own guns!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 06-11-2013, 09:21 PM   #90
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1764 Times on 987 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
For every time a 'stray' bullet kills or seriously injures someone hundreds of millions do not. If you have been indoctrinated by the progressives to believe 'stray bullets' are a BIG problem I truly feel sorry for you. I guess you will just continue to spread their lies. The probability of a person being killed or injured by a 'warning' shot is so low there is not a number high enough to even state this ridiculously low probability. (bazillion to one)
To anyone who has seen through all this negative BS about firearms this discussion is just plain silly! But I guess the progressive anti-gun propaganda is even taking it's toll on people who own guns!!!
I see you're changing your tune from "can't happen" to doesn't happen enough to be statistically worthy of mention. You're learning.

By the way, I really liked the "hundreds of millions do not" comment. I needed a good laugh today.

One more thing. Can you tell me why every time someone proves you wrong about something they are automatically labeled as "indoctrinated by the progressives" or some other derogatory comment? What's next? Are you going to start correcting our grammar or spelling?