Why we DON'T fire warning shots...EVER! - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Why we DON'T fire warning shots...EVER!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2013, 02:34 PM   #71
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2075 Times on 1227 Posts
Likes Given: 1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHunter View Post
Regardless of whether the risk is low it simply is not worth it. I would not want to be responsible for the death or injury of an innocent bystander. If that is something you can live with then you have serious problems and I hope to god you are never one of my neighbors. One of my neighbors decided to fire a warning shot at someone he would be very lucky if I didn't beat his ass within an inch of his life myself for endangering my family. I could care less if the risk is low it is irresponsible to even take that risk and anyone that does should do a nice long prison sentence.
Living proof prejudice is alive and well!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 06-08-2013, 02:42 PM   #72
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7786 Times on 4222 Posts
Likes Given: 16467

I offer ONE warning shot to the head. That is the extent of my leniency.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 06-08-2013, 02:43 PM   #73
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
I'm really not trying to be a smart###, but how many people were injured by police gunfire in the Empire State Building shooting? It does happen, and if you are careless it can happen to you. I'm not saying it will happen, but it can.
I go back to my example of the CA bank robbery, actually the have been several of these incidents. I lived in town (for a short time) and would hear gun fire EVERY NIGHT and we (the police) seldom would even get a call about it and if we did we never found any suspects or damage. I literally heard hundreds of rounds fired while I lived in this area (low income/high crime rate) and never experienced any ill effect nor did the others who lived there. Reality!!!

Guns are some of the safest 'tools' we own!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!

Last edited by JimRau; 06-08-2013 at 02:48 PM.

Old 06-08-2013, 02:50 PM   #74
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
I offer ONE warning shot to the head. That is the extent of my leniency.
I am glad you are that good with a gun. I wish we all were that accurate!!!

MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 06-08-2013, 03:17 PM   #75
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
I go back to my example of the CA bank robbery, actually the have been several of these incidents. I lived in town (for a short time) and would hear gun fire EVERY NIGHT and we (the police) seldom would even get a call about it and if we did we never found any suspects or damage. I literally heard hundreds of rounds fired while I lived in this area (low income/high crime rate) and never experienced any ill effect nor did the others who lived there. Reality!!!

Guns are some of the safest 'tools' we own!
Yes, guns are some of the safest tools we own, but some of the idiots using those tools need to be behind bars.

I love how you call your experience "Reality!!!" yet discount the reality of the people injured in NY. I could post quite a few links to innocent people injured or killed by stray rounds, but why bother? You have your mind made up, and nothing I can do would show you the reality of what we deal with on a regular basis.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:10 PM   #76
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21996 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

it'sa not that every stray shot produces an injury or death, but the potential when firing without knowing where every shot is going that can hurt or kill someone. the potential for it happening is why i feel they can be potentially dangerous.

and if we fall back to the ten laws of gun safety, knowing where a round is going is part of gun safety, isn't it? firing a warning shot, do we know exactly where it's going? just my thoughts on this.

Old 06-08-2013, 04:14 PM   #77

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

One of my favorite lessons was something that happened to my Grandparents. Someone was trying to force open the front door. Their very large German Shepard mix was going nuts. My Grandmother was shouting for the potential intruder to go away. At that point my Grandfather said in his loud, booming voice, "I've got the gun, don't turn the dog loose on him until I shoot him." They said they watched through the side window as the possible bad guy broke the record for the 100 yard dash. BTW, this was in Urban N.J. a lot of years ago. BTWx2, I always wondered about the mindset of the guy trying to gain entrance in the face of an obviously big and nasty dog. Gun or no gun, Rex would have torn him apart. Today we are in Georgia and we are well armed, but I still think our English Mastiff is the best deterrent to bad guys.

Old 06-08-2013, 04:28 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHaus View Post
One of my favorite lessons was something that happened to my Grandparents. Someone was trying to force open the front door. Their very large German Shepard mix was going nuts. My Grandmother was shouting for the potential intruder to go away. At that point my Grandfather said in his loud, booming voice, "I've got the gun, don't turn the dog loose on him until I shoot him." They said they watched through the side window as the possible bad guy broke the record for the 100 yard dash. BTW, this was in Urban N.J. a lot of years ago. BTWx2, I always wondered about the mindset of the guy trying to gain entrance in the face of an obviously big and nasty dog. Gun or no gun, Rex would have torn him apart. Today we are in Georgia and we are well armed, but I still think our English Mastiff is the best deterrent to bad guys.
i have to agree. any dog within the home is ot only a good deterent, but also a good early warning device. i remember a program i saw on TV many years ago about discusions with real thieves and what really detered them from robbing or breaking into a home. and a huge majority said a dog was one of the best deterents!

besides, my dogs snuggle better than an alarm system!

Old 06-08-2013, 04:42 PM   #79
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 552 Times on 365 Posts
Likes Given: 173

Quote:
So if I get this straight if you fire a "warning shot"(which is illegal)into the air or the ground you can guarantee that it will not hit anyone.Or is there a possibility that what gose up must come down and possibly if someone is in the wrong place at the wrong time they might be killed.Likewise shooting into the ground possibly hitting something solid and richocheting killing someone at wrong place at the wrong time.
I said it was unlikely not imposable, and no more likely that hitting someone by missing your target or shooting trough your target.

Last edited by manta; 06-08-2013 at 04:53 PM.

Old 06-08-2013, 04:47 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
I said it was unlikely not imposable, and no more likely that hitting someone by missing your target or shooting trough your target.
i wonder how many innocent people have been hurt or killed in drive-by shootings when the intended target was missed?