Why train/practice defensive scenarios? - Page 11
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Why train/practice defensive scenarios?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2013, 09:33 PM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts

I'd probably have shot them all, to prove to a judge that I was under threat of more than one, and to see to it that they didn't bother anyone else.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:45 PM   #102

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I have no idea how Id react in a situation where I have to defend my life. I care never to find out. I do train for defensive situations. Not for any one particular scenario but for the overall skill. I do not agree with the OPs thoughts but I also dont disagree with him for having his thoughts. He has clearly put a lot of time and though into his argument. That being said, one thing is for sure. No one is better preparing themselves by sitting on a forum arguing "what ifs". If it happens, I only hope my gods and instincts keep me alive. Better yet, I hope they keep me far away from any trouble in the first place.

ThinkFast...your life depends on it.

www.thinkfastholsters.com
www.facebook.com/thinkfastholsters
Instagram @thinkfastholsters

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 05-31-2013, 11:47 PM   #103

Liked 294 Times on 254 Posts

I'm interested in this force on force, think I'll do a little research into it and see. This sounds like the right type of training!

Shows my concept of training, when starting this thread, was a little linear. This is exactly why I pose these types of things.

Last edited by BeyondTheBox; 05-31-2013 at 11:50 PM.
AOK Likes This 
Old 06-01-2013, 12:03 AM   #104
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 619 Times on 407 Posts
Likes Given: 197

I don't get it maybe its a American thing all this training. I know people here that go to the range for fun some would do competitions IPSC for example. But I don't know any that train in case they are attacked.

Old 06-01-2013, 12:23 AM   #105

Liked 28 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta
I don't get it maybe its a American thing all this training. I know people here that go to the range for fun some would do competitions IPSC for example. But I don't know any that train in case they are attacked.
I'd venture to guess that most people don't actually "train." I think it's just that the ones that do are more likely to frequent sites like these, possibly making it seem like a lot of gun owners are very interested in training opportunities.

The only time you can have too much ammunition is if you're swimming or on fire!

Gun stores: Where the morbidly obese can pretend to be mercenaries, allude to past experiences in Special Ops, and overuse words like "tactical" and "piece of kit".

Old 06-01-2013, 12:33 AM   #106
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 619 Times on 407 Posts
Likes Given: 197

Quote:
I think it's just that the ones that do are more likely to frequent sites like these, possibly making it seem like a lot of gun owners are very interested in training opportunities.
Fair point. I shoot some competitions for enjoyment that would help your abilities with a firearm.

Old 06-01-2013, 09:34 PM   #107

I compete and have guns BECAUSE I want to be able to defend myself ultimately well. I've held men at gunpoint 4x, and wished I had a gun as many more times, and came within a second or so of drawing as many more times, but something intervened,or the guy could tell from my demeanor that he'd better NOT push it any further. I've had to deploy guns vs dogs a few times, too.

Old 06-01-2013, 10:13 PM   #108
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 880 Times on 632 Posts
Likes Given: 262

Grip-Magic
Draw-Magic
Safety off-Magic
Sight picture-Magic
Trigger press-Magic
Practice for 35 years-Priceless

"...from my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston & NRA
"He which hath no stomach to this fight,/ Let him depart." Henry V

Old 06-01-2013, 10:23 PM   #109

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
This is exactly why I pose these types of things.
Oh you're good. Very good.

Old 06-01-2013, 11:32 PM   #110

yes, it's good, the airsoft stuff, if you can get people to do it without an airsoft of their own, because most attackers don't have a gun. so the attack will be physical, swift, from very close. few gun people have a clue how fast they need to be. also, when the attacker does have a gun, he won't have a clue how to use it. training with others who do know what to do gives false data. Punks don't know a thing, except that they KNOW that they'd better not try to shoot from more than about 10ft, and they'd better fire lots of shots, really fast. few gunowners are ready for that, either.

Closed Thread