Why? Just why? - Page 21
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Why? Just why?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2014, 01:16 AM   #201
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22392 Times on 12494 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Talking in cute riddles is either a sign of intelligence... Or a sign of defeat...

If your saying this is pointless argument because it's clear that you can not dissuade "actual 2A advocates" from engaging in OC... Then yes, I'd agree you are wasting your breath.
cute riddles are many times used when the person lacks the ability to stay in the debate and respond with information pertinent to the debate.
Tackleberry1 Likes This 
Old 04-13-2014, 01:46 AM   #202
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9093 Times on 5278 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Bingo... Those "fair weather" 2A advocates that decry open carry are not people who would fair well in a negotiation. They follow every law to the letter, they follow laws that don't exist, and they fret about people engaging in a legal activity because the FEAR it may lead the sheep astray... without ever realizing they "they" in fact, are the sheep.

Everything in life is a negotiation including our rights and if you can't operate from a position of strength, firm in your knowledge of the law, and prepared to suffer an illegal arrest... Then sue the snot out of the offending officer, then please, keep sending your NRA donation, leave the heavy lifting to those with balls, and quit sniping real 2A advocates from the sidelines.

Thanks

Tack
With all due respect Tack a great deal of what you say depends on where you are. Here where I live the militant OC advocates actually succeeded in getting our rights restricted even further in California. I do not decry the right to OC, but the way and in the locations where they were doing it here in California was wrong. That would not be true almost anywhere else in the nation though. There are some notable exceptions to what you say.

Old 04-13-2014, 02:11 AM   #203

Liked 5017 Times on 2431 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
With all due respect Tack a great deal of what you say depends on where you are. Here where I live the militant OC advocates actually succeeded in getting our rights restricted even further in California. I do not decry the right to OC, but the way and in the locations where they were doing it here in California was wrong. That would not be true almost anywhere else in the nation though. There are some notable exceptions to what you say.
Viking... Yes, I understand it backfired in CA but let's be honest... It was never "really" a right in CA to begin with. Your state is a lost cause regarding 2A liberties.

CA is so over run with "takers"... IE... Permanent Democrat Voters, that nothing short of a Revolution followed with the executions of pretty much every State official could turn it around.

It's up to rest of the country to STOP federal bailout for California and allow it to disintegrate in complete violence and chaos as soon as possible.

If all 50 states serve as laboratories of democracy then your state "along with a handful of NE states, serve as examples of "what not to do.

Get out while you can partner... And do all you can to get every other self reliant gainfully employed individual you know to follow you.

Tack
People Like This 
Old 04-10-2016, 12:50 PM   #204

Liked 177 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 1644

I think we should encourage more people to carry their AR slung and ready.
What good is a MinuteMan if he is not ready in a minute.
Like when two motorcyclists pass, we wave, acknowledge each other as kindred spirits.
If I'm slung and I pass by another who is also we should exchange pleasantries. I submit we use Winston Churchill 's "V for victory"

Old 04-10-2016, 08:45 PM   #205
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3706 Times on 2266 Posts
Likes Given: 20349

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnuffleupagus View Post
I think we should encourage more people to carry their AR slung and ready.
What good is a MinuteMan if he is not ready in a minute.
Like when two motorcyclists pass, we wave, acknowledge each other as kindred spirits.
If I'm slung and I pass by another who is also we should exchange pleasantries. I submit we use Winston Churchill 's "V for victory"
And then pray the guy's not from Australia. (Turn the hand the other way down there, and it's the same as a 1 finger salute here from what I've heard.)

on the one hand, i will say that OCT did have a good result out of what they did, but where they did it is what I took issue with. The idea was to draw attention to what they felt was an injustice, which a CC only law is, but if you look at the way the law is written in Texas, they also would have been legal carrying BP revolvers, which would have raised as much attention, and the outcry that led to Texas getting OC, without ruffling ads many feathers in the process. There is a manner, a time, and a place for all things, and an OC rally in the town square would be one thing. Going shopping, or eating at a dining establishment, not so much. A handgun there would be much more practical is all I'm saying, not to mention easier to get into action, and less likely to punch through the goblin with enough force to injure or kill an innocent bystander who is just trying to get away. That's my own take on it.

i applaud their actions on their beliefs, just not the method used. JMO, YMMV.

Facts wise, this tactic backfired big time in Komiefornistan, and would go over like a lead balloon in NY, but both place have pretty much no 2A anyway. Same goes with a right toi self defense for that matter, as NY has a Castle Doctrine that allows anything less than DPF in defense of yourself or others in your home. Still, it's better than it was a few years back, before I moved to PA, in that back then, you had a duty to retreat in your own home if someone broke in, and threatened violence against you and yours. Funny part is, it's one of those laws that does not tend to get enforced on the local level, except in NYC and places like that.
If I have to explain why I ride, you wouldn't understand. Explaining sex to an alien would be easier than explaining the feeling, one that boils all that is going on in your life down to what really matters each time you are in The Wind. All I can say is, Life is not Life without it.
schnuffleupagus Likes This 
Old 04-10-2016, 10:03 PM   #206

I get your point.
I just prefer to live amongst free men, protecting themselves and others against evil AND oppression.
Old 04-10-2016, 11:29 PM   #207
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3706 Times on 2266 Posts
Likes Given: 20349

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnuffleupagus View Post
I get your point.
I just prefer to live amongst free men, protecting themselves and others against evil AND oppression.
As do I, but with the following caveat. Free and Responsible Men. i have always lived by the rule of if you f#@% up, 'fess up. Too many who call for the 2A to be the only Law of the Land when it comes to firearms are willing to express the freedom of it, but fall short on the end of being a responsible adult about it.

There are too many out there that are willing to carry in a GFZ for instance, even where they can be charged with a crime seperate from trespass, who blame the system when they get caught, charged, convicted, and lose their CPL as a result. There's 2 ways of dealing with the fact that you stepped in $#!t. One is to ignore the smell and go about your business blaming the animal that chose that spot, it's owner for not picking it up in his own yard, and blame everyone else for the fact that you walked right past the horse, and forgot to watch where you are going. The other is to watxch where you are going, and if you do step in it, clean it off, learning to pay more attention to where you are stepping. Personally, I chose to watch where I step, and I'm labeled as a b!tch or anti because I do follow the rules by not entering those places and choosing to go elsewhere.

OCT stepped in it long ago, when the need to OC overrode their common sense, and they figured a trip to the corner store was the perfect chance to be an advocate, and it grew from there. Yes, they did get licensed OC in Texas, but at what cost? how many national companies closed their doors to cariers as a result of MDA reacting to OCT, and their counter campaigns? How many others have a CC only, or follow local laws on carry of pistols, but we do request you don't carry here policy in OCT and MDA's wake? So they gained something, but we all lost more as a result.

Can you honestly say that you are good with that? Personally, I can't.

I OC quite often in warmer months, and I fully support having it as an option, due in a large part to having spent a quarter of a century in a state where a visible pistol is probable cause for detainment, and can be cause for arrest, even if all your papers are in order. It sucks. I like being able to OC in public places, but I also don't press my luck by doing so downtown during lunch hour. Do I have a legal right to do so where I live? Hell yes. That doesn't make it the smart decision though. Rural small town, where others know you, that's one thing, even with a rifle. At a support rally, same. I say go dressed in your best, use the good hand tooled leather rig, and go for it. Stopping in at the local WalMart for a gallon of milk, feel the need to bring your AR or Ak with you, that's a bit too much. If you live in that bad of an area, here's a news flash.

You don't need to carry a tacticool carbine. You need a new f#@%in' Zip Code.

Where I live here in Erie is in a bad neighborhood. Anything North of 26th Street, and East of State Street is the bad part of town. Where I use to live, we had 3 shootings in 15 years. Here, that's a Saturday Night. Legally, i could go about my day with both the 92FS and the SKS on me, but that's not such a good idea, even though it is legal for me to do so. that draws more attention than I want, not just from any lowlifes living here, but also from the voters who live in the city, a fair portion of which are anti-2A. Some of them have friends who are on the fence, that they just might be able to sway after seeing 4 or 5 guys all walking into the local Tops with ARs carried at the low ready position before slinging them and grabbing a cart. What happens if they are misread by a CCer as they come in? Way too much $#!t that could hit the fan IMHO. Still, I do support their right to do so, but that would be a good shot at the runner up for a Darwin Award in the right place, at the right time.

Like I said. It's not what they did, as much as it is how it was done, and sometimes to keep a freedom, a Right, you have to think your actions through before doing them. Every freedom we have also come with a responsibility tied to it, and far too many miss that fact. that's what costs us our rights.
If I have to explain why I ride, you wouldn't understand. Explaining sex to an alien would be easier than explaining the feeling, one that boils all that is going on in your life down to what really matters each time you are in The Wind. All I can say is, Life is not Life without it.
People Like This 
Old 04-17-2016, 08:42 PM   #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
Most of my friends are cops. They are great people. Most of them would give the shirt off their back to someone that is really in need. They just have little patience for people deliberately being a-holes for no reason. They simply want to go home to their families at the end of the night.
When is it ok for me to OC my AR? If it's legal, why be compelled to prove identification? Sure, it's outlier behavior, but is it unreasonable to be proactive?

Old 04-17-2016, 08:48 PM   #209

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones45 View Post
While I agree with this statement, sometimes prevention or intervention is not a bad thing. I've seen cops come and stop things before they get out of control and something really bad happens plenty of times

Never enough guns or ammo
Preventing what?

Old 04-17-2016, 08:56 PM   #210

Fox,

How often have to lefties moved from; portions of the country that are restrictive of gun rights, high crime areas to freer, more traditional parts, then set to apply their progressive agenda. Making their new home as restrictive as the one they moved away from?

When can we say, STOP? Here is where we draw the line, no further.