Why? Just why? - Page 20
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Why? Just why?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2014, 12:41 PM   #191
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 567 Times on 375 Posts
Likes Given: 176

Quote:
if Hitler wasn't messing around with American citizens, trying to invade America or American held territories, at what point was America obligated to help or defend England or any European country for that matter?
They were not obliged to help, They did because it was in their interest to help. America didn't want a Russian or German dominated Europe. Do you think America should have stood back and let the Germans finish the exterminations of the jews and others. ? I would have thought most Americans would and should be proud of their role in WW2.

Quote:
Franklin Delano Roosevelt. If Great Britain goes down, the Axis powers will control the continents of Europe, Asia, Africa, Australasia, and the high seas--and they will be in a position to bring enormous military and naval resources against this hemisphere. It is no exaggeration to say that all of us in the Americas would be living at the point of a gun-a gun loaded with explosive bullets, economic as well as military.
We should enter upon a new and terrible era in which the whole world, our hemisphere included, would be run by threats of brute force. To survive in such a world, we would have to convert ourselves permanently into a militaristic power on the basis of war economy
The fact that German u boats were sinking American ships killing American citizens, is messing around with American citizens is it not.

Quote:
On 17 March, German submarines sank three American merchant vessels.
Quote:
The sinking of the Lusitania enraged Americans and hastened the United ... German U-boats (submarines)
As for the original post, just because people have the right to carry a firearm doesn't mean its a good idea, I am sure not all Americans are firearms enthusiasts and seeing someone carrying a rifle in a built up area will frighten some. I think as we talk incidents like the orchestrated on in the video will have some trying to come up with a way of prevent people carrying rifles in public spaces. I don't see how any good will come of deliberately setting up these type of confrontations with the police. PS There is no law that I am aware with in the UK that says you can't carry a firearm in public (unloaded). I know we used to go shooting carrying shotguns unloaded on public roads, but I drew too much attention from the police. So I put it in a gun slip no problems after that.

Last edited by manta; 03-17-2014 at 01:44 PM.

Old 03-17-2014, 02:19 PM   #192
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
They were not obliged to help, They did because it was in their interest to help. America didn't want a Russian or German dominated Europe. Do you think America should have stood back and let the Germans finish the exterminations of the jews and others. ? I would have thought most Americans would and should be proud of their role in WW2.

The fact that German u boats were sinking American ships killing American citizens, is messing around with American citizens is it not.

As for the original post, just because people have the right to carry a firearm doesn't mean its a good idea, I am sure not all Americans are firearms enthusiasts and seeing someone carrying a rifle in a built up area will frighten some. I think as we talk incidents like the orchestrated on in the video will have some trying to come up with a way of prevent people carrying rifles in public spaces. I don't see how any good will come of deliberately setting up these type of confrontations with the police. PS There is no law that I am aware with in the UK that says you can't carry a firearm in public (unloaded). I know we used to go shooting carrying shotguns unloaded on public roads, but I drew too much attention from the police. So I put it in a gun slip no problems after that.
exactly correct. we were not obligated to help defend England or any other European country. in many ways strategically it was in our interests to get involved.

the Germans were sinking American boats, killing Americans on those boats becasue they were shipping war supplies to England. had we not been helping England with war supplies and armament, they would not have been sinking American ships in the first place.

your last paragraph, pretty close, and that is the point. just because something is right doesn't always mean it's prudent or smart to do, just because you can. the manner and place you do something will define the attention you recieve and from who.

Old 04-09-2014, 03:10 PM   #193

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Not the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
The response from LEO's is entirely up to them. No law being broken, then no response. As far as the what if scenarios. What if a guy in a 4000 lb. car wants to drive his car through a school playground? You can't go around stopping everyone with a car just because they might do something bad.
Driving a car is not a right, it's a privilege. Your example is perfect " if a guy drives on to a playground we could scream murder with an assault vehicle! I see morons breaking the law on the road with 6000 lb. trucks all the time and no one is freaking out.

Consider that sheeple don't fear trucks like they do rifles/guns, mostly due to the media hype. Years back there were no 6k lb. trucks on the road but many folks carried sidearms or rifles slung over the shoulder or in the saddle. What changed? Cities with their progressive liberal agendas started to disarm the populace and it became the norm.

This helps to bring the subject to the table, we need to stand strong and united. It is however imperative that we keep ourselves educated and civil, teach all the young ones to be responsible in safeguarding this precious inalienable right.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:46 AM   #194
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2695 Times on 1873 Posts
Likes Given: 1368

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post

Most Americans are. You are addressing a distinct minority well represented at gun forums.

Old 04-10-2014, 02:57 AM   #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
Most Americans are. You are addressing a distinct minority well represented at gun forums.
just like those who flip flop on the issues and contradict themselves. yes, there are liberal gun owners like yourself who do frequent gun forums. just one of those sad facts of life.

but we also tend to support and defend the 1st amendment as well as the 2nd, the right to free speech. so we tolerate the liberal gun owners and their nonsense.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:12 AM   #196

Liked 5007 Times on 2428 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
just like those who flip flop on the issues and contradict themselves. yes, there are liberal gun owners like yourself who do frequent gun forums. just one of those sad facts of life.

but we also tend to support and defend the 1st amendment as well as the 2nd, the right to free speech. so we tolerate the liberal gun owners and their nonsense.
Bingo... Those "fair weather" 2A advocates that decry open carry are not people who would fair well in a negotiation. They follow every law to the letter, they follow laws that don't exist, and they fret about people engaging in a legal activity because the FEAR it may lead the sheep astray... without ever realizing they "they" in fact, are the sheep.

Everything in life is a negotiation including our rights and if you can't operate from a position of strength, firm in your knowledge of the law, and prepared to suffer an illegal arrest... Then sue the snot out of the offending officer, then please, keep sending your NRA donation, leave the heavy lifting to those with balls, and quit sniping real 2A advocates from the sidelines.

Thanks

Tack
Old 04-10-2014, 04:01 AM   #197
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2695 Times on 1873 Posts
Likes Given: 1368

You are welcome. No use trying to fill the glass turned upside down.

Old 04-10-2014, 04:03 AM   #198

Quote:
most people with common sense would just turn the glass right side up and then fill it.

liberals are those who lack common sense, and try to over-complicate things.
Old 04-13-2014, 01:59 AM   #199
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7802 Times on 4229 Posts
Likes Given: 16514

"If guns were regulated like cars..."
Yeah, yeah.... You would need to pass a test, get a license, buy insurance, yada yada yada....
And every parking lot and driveway would be littered with unattended guns. Kids would learn gun safety in high school and any sixteen year old with a license could take a gun to school.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

People Like This 
Old 04-13-2014, 02:03 AM   #200

Liked 5007 Times on 2428 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Talking in cute riddles is either a sign of intelligence... Or a sign of defeat...

If your saying this is pointless argument because it's clear that you can not dissuade "actual 2A advocates" from engaging in OC... Then yes, I'd agree you are wasting your breath.