Why? Just why? - Page 19
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Why? Just why?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2014, 06:11 AM   #181
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4887 Times on 2369 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Well... They knew their Jewish neighbors had gone for a train ride to internment camps... So yeah, they were as guilty as our grand parents who watched the same thing happen to their Japanese neighbors.

The fact that they were death camps was not common knowledge within Germany, sharing that information would not have served the Nazi agenda.

Tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Wait a minute.

Were they unaware or did they just not pay attention?

This is where this conversation gets sticky. We talk about "respect" and we criticize for either giving it or not.

There is no excuse for being unaware of the extermination of any population regardless of how small or large it is. There is no excuse.

We are, as Second Amendment Advocates, responsible for our own destiny here. We can be disarmed. One way or another they will try to achieve their goal. If our efforts only reinforce their agenda we are doomed.

Old 03-15-2014, 06:19 AM   #182

Liked 4887 Times on 2369 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
Well that explains a lot.
Pray tell good sir... What does that explain?

The purpose of the post was to point out that the modern operators of German business are as responsible for the Holocaust as the modern operators of American business are for there companies past service to the US Forces that "tamed" North America by destroying its Native American population, or helped keep is safe during WWII by interning Japanese Americans.

I think we are saying the same thing here... Trust your neighbor ahead of your Government and be prepared to defend each other.

The Nazi party and our Government have both taught us this lesson.

Tack

Old 03-15-2014, 06:27 AM   #183
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3356 Times on 2270 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Default And

Quote:
Wait a minute.

Were they unaware or did they just not pay attention?

This is where this conversation gets sticky. We talk about "respect" and we criticize for either giving it or not.

There is no excuse for being unaware of the extermination of any population regardless of how small or large it is. There is no excuse.

We are, as Second Amendment Advocates, responsible for our own destiny here. We can be disarmed. One way or another they will try to achieve their goal. If our efforts only reinforce their agenda we are doomed.
And this is why we're Co-Broadcasters, and friends!

The 3rd sentence is what people disbelieve, and why The Germans try to "Teach" the entire Period of the Nazis Rule out of the History Books, And that, Is Why an Uncle of mine with his kids, My Cousins, went To Germany Every Year for 20+ years to lecture about it. That Same Uncle was a Major In The Army Scientific Command From 40-46,..gee,..Whatdya Think he was working on?
Again,..no present company is meant to be "Slighted" as some of my good friends are German Jews who survived(including few distant cousins). I happen to be 1/4th Austrian ancestry. when my Uncles who were Camp Liberators as US Army Soldiers, and my Cousins who survived it, told me what they could without breaking down and losing it, I vowed to do my Part as an American Of Jewish Faith to make sure it never happens again...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 03-16-2014, 11:19 PM   #184

Liked 51 Times on 30 Posts

I'm wondering...
this kid's methods of "educating" the public is dividing the people on this forum (people who are pro 2nd amendment), then I can guarantee that his methods have 100% opposition from the far left and will only galvanize their anti gun rhetoric. So what good can come of it?
I agree that people have every right to carry firearms, but I sincerely doubt this is helping.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Firearms Talk mobile app

Old 03-17-2014, 12:15 AM   #185
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 507 Times on 340 Posts
Likes Given: 156

Quote:
But Germanys big companies. They knew. You'll never see me in a Benz, BMW or VW., never. They were complicit in the murder of 6 million+ of my people. Period
That wouldn't stop me buying one of the above cars, or a Toyota either. Should people not buy American goods because of their treatment of the native Americans. Or the slave trade. Or UK goods for their treatment of a long list of people. Few countries have not got skeletons in their cupboards. I don't see the point of not buying goods in a country because of the sins of their fathers. Plus you are missing out on some great cars.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:33 AM   #186
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 190 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 293

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
I don't wear clothes with profanity on them. Some people do. A right is a right
A right is a right, but there are jerks out there. I think that this particular jerk, while excising his right, is most likely looking for exposure. You can be right, but knowing that you are is no reason to walk the street with your gun for the purpose of making people, especially those people who have been fed a steady diet of anti-gun crap, feel uncomfortable. I think he did it to get a rise out of the people, and the news sucked it up, and spread it to other people, to feel nervous. A right, Yes considerate of others, probably not. Gun owners don't need to alienate people who don't own guns

GOA,NRA
Old Bolt Actions,
One round at a time.

"This is my Mosin,
There are many like it,
And three or so are mine."

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-17-2014, 12:36 AM   #187

Default Why? Just why?

While what we did to Native Americans was stupid and unfair, ( and some of us are or have a spouse or family who are at least partly native am.), We DID NOT ROAST or GAS 6.3 Million People!! Different Type of Genocide. Again not that it makes it OK,..it does not.
edit: AFAIF,...I also live in an un restricted state. Do you "See Me" walking my Dog-Son with a shotgun or my Great Uncle's strait stock 03 ? Do you see me tooling around town with my BAR on the roof of our Ford Escape?
Let me Say it again for the 199th time. I am an Ardent supporter of our rights. All Ten in the Bill Of Rights. If we're marching to show our Patriotism, that's one thing, I'll carry an 03 or a Garand or my M1A or M1E2 in any Parade, with as much of a dress uniform thats gonna fit on my old broken self. I do NOT need to sling my Mini or my Rock River Across my shoulder to go buy allergy pills and food at Wally..

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 03-17-2014 at 12:47 AM.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-17-2014, 12:54 AM   #188

Default Why? Just why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
That wouldn't stop me buying one of the above cars, or a Toyota either. Should people not buy American goods because of their treatment of the native Americans. Or the slave trade. Or UK goods for their treatment of a long list of people. Few countries have not got skeletons in their cupboards. I don't see the point of not buying goods in a country because of the sins of their fathers. Plus you are missing out on some great cars.

That's You. I'm Me. I seem to recall two world wars Manta,...where a certain Country Cried out to other countries for help, after some Former subjects threw off their Colonial rule, then Fought Another War some years after that for control of "Shipping Lanes"

Used to Burn my soup when I'd see one of my bosses get a promotion and a 30-35k raise from AP to Principal and go buy a benz or a Bimmer after telling me how "religious" or supportive of Jewish causes....

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-17-2014, 01:06 AM   #189
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 507 Times on 340 Posts
Likes Given: 156

Quote:
That's You. I'm Me. I seem to recall two world wars Manta,...where a certain Country Cried out to other countries for help, after some Former subjects threw off their Colonial rule, then Fought Another War some years after that for control of "Shipping Lanes"
True to help defeat the Nazis that were carrying out the exterminations. I am not sure what your point is. Do you think America shouldn't have helped and let the Nazis have a free run.

Old 03-17-2014, 02:08 AM   #190
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21985 Times on 12396 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
True to help defeat the Nazis that were carrying out the exterminations. I am not sure what your point is. Do you think America shouldn't have helped and let the Nazis have a free run.
let me interject this question. if Hitler wasn't messing around with American citizens, trying to invade America or American held territories, at what point was America obligated to help or defend England or any European country for that matter?