Why? Just why? - Page 11
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Why? Just why?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2014, 12:11 AM   #101
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 63 Times on 44 Posts

If I see someone openly carrying anything, my radar goes up and my CC is ready. But, if they're not breaking the law, then it's best to keep things quiet. Even so, I understand why this might upset another citizen and warrant a police inquiry.

I don't think it's smart to do what this person did. He could have easily perpetuated his own demise by exhibiting such behavior. What good would a lawsuit be if you're not alive to receive compensation?

Roads less traveled...

Roads less traveled...

Old 03-12-2014, 01:15 AM   #102
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3160 Times on 2147 Posts
Likes Given: 685

Default Why? Just why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G30USMC View Post
I wish more thought like you, sadly it's the opposite

Sadly it isn't but also, most LEO's are not like yourself and others we have gotten to know here.
Seems we're always going to debate OC vs. CC, much like the 9MM vs. 40 vs. 45, the AR vs. AK, Etc. Etc.
I utilize both depending what I'm doing. Shopping I'm most probably CC'ing. Out in the High Desert, I'm open carrying.
I will always defend all provisions of the BOR/2/A,...but I also practice common sense.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 03-12-2014 at 01:35 AM.
People Like This 
Old 03-12-2014, 03:57 AM   #103
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Sadly it isn't but also, most LEO's are not like yourself and others we have gotten to know here.
Seems we're always going to debate OC vs. CC, much like the 9MM vs. 40 vs. 45, the AR vs. AK, Etc. Etc.
I utilize both depending what I'm doing. Shopping I'm most probably CC'ing. Out in the High Desert, I'm open carrying.
I will always defend all provisions of the BOR/2/A,...but I also practice common sense.

the problems i see is two-fold. first we have idiots who want to flaunt their rights, and yes they are within their rights, who are looking for a confrontation to begin with so they can make a video and try and show LE as being incompentent. IMO, this is the wrong approach on several levels.

second we have LEO's who are not well versed in the gun rights of the state they serve in, which can cause huge problems for the public in general.

what about peaceful rallies or meetings wwhere everyone can learn, what's legal in your state and to bring awareness to the public in general about guns? many people that make calls about a person carrying don't understand our rights or the laws either. bringing the facts and the laws to the eyes of the public and LE would be beneficial on many levels.

personally, being an idiot and just asserting the fact that it's your right is the wrong approach and doesn't do anything positive when there are much better ways of doing the same thing, in a more adult manner.

Old 03-12-2014, 04:05 AM   #104
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8269 Times on 4778 Posts
Likes Given: 10688

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
the problems i see is two-fold. first we have idiots who want to flaunt their rights, and yes they are within their rights, who are looking for a confrontation to begin with so they can make a video and try and show LE as being incompentent. IMO, this is the wrong approach on several levels.

second we have LEO's who are not well versed in the gun rights of the state they serve in, which can cause huge problems for the public in general.

what about peaceful rallies or meetings wwhere everyone can learn, what's legal in your state and to bring awareness to the public in general about guns? many people that make calls about a person carrying don't understand our rights or the laws either. bringing the facts and the laws to the eyes of the public and LE would be beneficial on many levels.

personally, being an idiot and just asserting the fact that it's your right is the wrong approach and doesn't do anything positive when there are much better ways of doing the same thing, in a more adult manner.
You almost sound like a Californicator.
2215691957_6643b3f47f.jpg  

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-12-2014, 04:08 AM   #105

The problem is that we, as Second Amendment Advocates, are not bearing daisies. We have our own firearms. That makes for a very different dynamic.

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."

Old 03-12-2014, 04:16 AM   #106

OK, so do we have a problem with these protestors?

Quote:

Old 03-12-2014, 04:21 AM   #107
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
The problem is that we, as Second Amendment Advocates, are not bearing daisies. We have our own firearms. That makes for a very different dynamic.
that is true. but i still think awareness of both sides is still beneficial.

public perception is still a big hurdle to overcome in many areas. and there are some who do more damage than good with the way the public percieves them and thus in turn gun owners in general.

the liberal anti-gunners for us as gun owners is pretty much in many ways a lost cause for us, but there are still lots of people who sit on the fence or are indifferent to guns. these are the ones we need to reach and get over on our side. the more responsible and normal appearing we are and the way we display ourselves and our intentions to these people is much better for us gun owners than the idiots doing it for us.

Old 03-12-2014, 05:00 AM   #108
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...

Liked 3160 Times on 2147 Posts
Likes Given: 685

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post

One of my friends always tells me he OC's to "p.o." The liberals. To me I'd rather convert them. I have more success making sense to some. It's amazing how a sr. Citizen can change their mindset just by hearing about one incident...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-12-2014, 06:17 PM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
One of my friends always tells me he OC's to "p.o." The liberals. To me I'd rather convert them. I have more success making sense to some. It's amazing how a sr. Citizen can change their mindset just by hearing about one incident...

That is foolish. Every time you PO a liberal by doing this it redoubles their efforts to ban your freedom to do so. The power of positive persuasion is far more effective but at the same time it takes greater effort on our part.

Tell your friend that his is the lazy way out and it doesn't work in our favor.

Quote:
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-12-2014, 06:37 PM   #110

Liked 748 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 402

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSBE0-z1i2o This is my problem with most people who march around flaunting OC. They have mismatched mags etc and the thought of them trying to hit a barn frankly seems impossible. They may be well meaning but do more harm than good to the cause.