Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Why i carry a handgun (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/why-i-carry-handgun-20901/)

Grayowl 12-09-2009 03:18 AM

Why i carry a handgun

WHY I CARRY A HANDGUN

 I donít carry a handgun to kill people, but to keep from getting killed.
 I donít carry a handgun to scare people, but because I know this world can be a scary place.
 I donít carry a handgun because Iím paranoid, but because there are real threats in the world.
 I donít carry a handgun because Iím evil, but because Iíve lived long enough to see evil in the world.
 I donít carry a handgun because I want to be the meanest S.O.B. in the valley, but because I donít want to be his next victim.
 I donít carry a handgun because Iím antigovernment, but because I know the limitations of government.
 I donít carry a handgun because Iím angry, but so I donít have to spend the rest of my days hating myself for failing to be prepared.
 I donít carry a handgun because I want to shoot someone,, but because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.
 I donít carry a handgun to make me feel invincible, but because the Lord helps those who help themselves and it may help me to take care of myself and the ones I love.
 I donít carry a handgun because I might hate what is in front of me, but because I love what is behind me.
 I donít carry a handgun because I feel inadequate, but because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.
 I donít carry a handgun because I love it, but because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.
 I donít carry a handgun because I want to be a cop, but because I know that while they do their best to rid the streets of criminals, they canít be everywhere all the time.
 I carry a handgun because I canít carry a cop.

IT WOULD BE WONDERFUL IF THE WORLD WAS A PLACE WHERE NO ONE HAD TO CARRY A WEAPON, BUT SADLY, ITíS NOT!

canebrake 12-09-2009 03:44 AM

I carry a handgun because when I don't I'm naked!

Viking 12-09-2009 04:12 AM

I carry a handgun because I know that if the police were called there could be a lot of dead people before they got to my locality. The average time for the sheriff to get to our little town is about 2 hours if at all. I love my family, my friends/neighbors and even a lot of my enemies, I would stand in the gap because now that I have a ccw license I feel that I have been given that responsibility. I am not a cop, never have been and never will be but I am in my community most all of the time and realize that I might be called on to protect the lives of others.

CA357 12-09-2009 04:49 AM

True 'enuff.

ta1588 12-09-2009 08:47 AM

good one, we got this on a paper at my ccw class

NGIB 12-09-2009 09:54 AM

I carry because the only person I can absolutely rely on to protect my family - is me...

lonyaeger 12-09-2009 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake (Post 196629)
I carry a handgun because when I don't I'm naked!

I guess that means you routinely wear nothing but a handgun?:eek:

Congrats on number 6001, by the way. I guess I missed the celebration on the 6000, but I'll find it. You are a very valuable contributor and I've learned a lot from you.

themyst 12-09-2009 09:26 PM

I recently saw the movie Law Abiding Citizen (Gerard Butler). I love movies like that as they reinforce my commitment to carry. I know it was only a movie, but if only the wife would have pulled out a pistol as the thugs burst in the front door and started beating her husband with a baseball bat ... :rolleyes:

shirt001 12-09-2009 10:28 PM

I carry because, when seconds count, the cops are only minutes away.

General_lee 12-10-2009 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirt001 (Post 196974)
I carry because, when seconds count, the cops are only minutes away.

Or, where I live, When seconds count, the cops are only hours away (if they show up at all)