Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Why concealed carry is important...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2010, 05:40 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Que paso amigo?

Brush up on your espanol and be nice.

Just act cool and like you don't care what their doing. Don't stare. Most thugs aren't gonna attack if you mind your own business. Speak if your spoken to, appear friendly. It's mostly about respect with alot of gang bangers.

Old 09-16-2010, 01:07 AM   #12

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

and all gang bangers respect the .45acp though.. just kidding alittle

"an armed society is a polite society."

the nice thing about the concealed carry is that it takes the gray out of carring a weapon. have been told that it is comforting not comfortable.

Old 09-16-2010, 01:47 AM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

i will be taking the class oct 16th. i think everyone should have the permit.

great video too.

Old 09-16-2010, 02:56 AM   #14

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Call in any people whom you feel are acting in a questionable manner. A police car sliding by will increase their level of discomfort. Let your neighbors know what you saw. Make an issue of unacceptable behavior. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."

Old 09-16-2010, 04:05 AM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLChris View Post
There have been a few situations that I've been in that--knowing that I am armed--has allowed me to just observe the situation somewhat dispassionately. My blood pressure didn't get nearly as high and my adrenaline not nearly as extreme as it might have been has I not been armed.
True that! Carrying a gun has forced me to watch my attitude and actions even more. I have to ensure that I give no cause for a fight.

For the OP, I'm glad nothing went down. I've had 2 situations in my city where I've had to reach in the direction of my handgun at night b/c someone was walking way too quickly towards me (didn't pull b/c the "offender" quickly backed away). Every bad guy knows what it means when you adopt a fighting position and have your hand at 4 o'clock.