Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Why concealed carry is important...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2010, 08:06 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Why concealed carry is important...

Just got back from a friends house, it's about 1:30 am, when I parked my car in front of my house and got out, two mexican guys came around the corner of a large bush and looked at me. One of them said "Sup". I then proceeded to the front door, looking back I could see them walking around my car and then they just started pacing back and forth, both of them still eyeballing me. Seemed like forever to get my locks open, when I finally did, I jumped inside, and locked the door.

I felt so naked without my handgun. I'm still shaken up.

I desperately need to get that concealed carry license.

CONCEALED CARRY IS IMPORTANT. I got lucky. This time.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-29-2010, 08:19 AM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2632 Times on 1535 Posts
Likes Given: 1168

An animal can tell when someone is scared, and people can too.
Display a confident attitude (not cocky).
Get the permit and study the "rules of engagement" to understand when a displayed firearm is appropriate.

(And check you car in the A.M.)

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 08-29-2010, 07:30 PM   #3

It is strange today that there are people in the street behind bushes and when we get home they come out. Self defense is no longer a nice to learn it is a necessity to protect our families and ourselves.

In Florida where I live a weapon can be carried in the car, not on your person, with out a permit. It is perfectly okay to take it from your car to your house and vice-versa. The weapon can be in your glove box, console, under an unoccupied passenger seat, in a shoe box covered sitting on the passenger seat, chambered off safe and ready to fire. The permit gives us a little more. We can take it most everywhere we go. My problem with this is that the Perps will be the only ones to have the guns. Guess they can't read! Read up on your states laws. The castle laws are great. If you do not have the castle law then do what you can to get it. Good luck to you in the future.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:33 PM   #4

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Let's say you were armed. How, exactly, would that encounter have gone differently?

Are you just thinking that if it had gotten ugly you would have been in a better position? I don't think being armed would have changed your particular encounter. At least most people wouldn't have drawn or anything in those circumstances.

In fact, being armed could have emboldened you and made you raise your head even more. Who knows, maybe it could have escalated if you HAD been armed.

Edited for clarity: Being armed is always better than being unarmed. Especially if you know how to handle any situation through training.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Last edited by CHLChris; 08-29-2010 at 10:08 PM. Reason: I made it sound like he should have been unarmed...

Old 08-29-2010, 09:43 PM   #5

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Why concealed carry is important..."An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity." - Clint Smith

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 08-29-2010, 10:25 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLChris View Post
Let's say you were armed. How, exactly, would that encounter have gone differently?

Are you just thinking that if it had gotten ugly you would have been in a better position? I don't think being armed would have changed your particular encounter. At least most people wouldn't have drawn or anything in those circumstances.

In fact, being armed could have emboldened you and made you raise your head even more. Who knows, maybe it could have escalated if you HAD been armed.

Edited for clarity: Being armed is always better than being unarmed. Especially if you know how to handle any situation through training.
I completely understand how situations do get escalated because people jump the gun and get an itchy trigger finger.

I've heard numerous situations where someone pulls out their cc weapon without the need to. I don't think it would of been escalated, all I'm stating is that I would of felt safer with my handgun on my waist.

but what if they had taken out a knife on me? what if my life was in danger and my handgun was sitting in its case under my bed and I was outside getting stabbed?

It's all about what if's. I'm not going to trust my life to a "what if" situation. I'd rather be carrying than not carrying.

this is a good video on concealed carry:

Last edited by indyfan; 08-29-2010 at 10:28 PM.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:31 PM   #7

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

There have been a few situations that I've been in that--knowing that I am armed--has allowed me to just observe the situation somewhat dispassionately. My blood pressure didn't get nearly as high and my adrenaline not nearly as extreme as it might have been has I not been armed.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 09-03-2010, 05:30 PM   #8

That is a scary video.

Old 09-03-2010, 07:36 PM   #9

And thats what they want to take away from you!!!!!!!!!!

Good Video, Please post the link

"The only two things in life that make it worth livin'
Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin' women"

Old 09-03-2010, 07:57 PM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

That short video is a very effective presentation... Thanks for the link.